What Beer Do You Like?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Re: What Beer Do You Like?

Post by Aussie »

Ain't no coffee in my beers!

SethBullock
Warthog
spamone: Animal

Post by SethBullock »

Aussie wrote:Ain't no coffee in my beers!
From what I've heard, there ain't no beer in your beers either. :roll
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

:nah

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

Post by greggerypeccary »

I've been drinking this lately:

A lager sold at Aldi stores, and made in New Zealand.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Sorry, Aussie ... couldn’t resist.

So how is that New Zealand beer, Greg?
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

Post by greggerypeccary »

SethBullock wrote:Sorry, Aussie ... couldn’t resist.

So how is that New Zealand beer, Greg?
To the disgust of some of my beer drinking friends, I think it's very good.

It's a very refreshing, easy to drink lager.

Nice to drink on a hot summer's day, but also very enjoyable in colder weather.

It has a banana aftertaste, similar to Heineken.

It's dirt cheap - $10 a 6 pack - and sold at Aldi of all places (does the US have Aldi?).

New Zealand is known for having the best white wine in the world, but I didn't know they were good at making beer too.

Well, I think it's good anyway :beer

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/groceries/li ... x-330ml-2/

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

If I see that, I'll try it.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

With ANY luck it will wean you off that vile drink, the bogans’ favorite {shudder} VB!

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

I wonder if those infected with the Coronavirus put a lemon in their mouth would make them better... Works with the beer.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Negra modello is a pretty good Mexican beer.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Tried this out from the North Coast Brewing Co. They are located in Ft Bragg, CA, which is on the coast of Northern California.

This is called "Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout"

9% alcohol, 75 IBUs

Strong flavors. Very toasty. I enjoyed this! I'm a little buzzed ....
North Coast Stout.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Hahaha yeah, just a little buzzed :bgrin

When you get older you need to cut down on the booze so enjoy your buzz!

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

As I bug you guys with my relentless defense of my country ...

A limited edition celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. "Hoppy Anniversary Ale", poured into my Lucky Shot glass with the American flag.

From the bottle ...

"Hop forward beers weren't popular when we started brewing in 1980. But we loved them, and we knew that if we were going to open a brewery, we'd better make something distinctive. It's been 40 years since then, and we're still brewing what we love. This beer showcases the bold flavors and aromas of a classic West Coast IPA: intense pine and citrus and a deep gold color and slight caramel sweetness. Here's to following your passion, and to the next 40 years."

Alc 6.0%, 65 IBU

Good beer!

Cheers! :beer
Sierra Nevada Hoppy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

Mothra will be chuffed!

:bgrin

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Like the glass, clever image of your flag.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

HBS Guy wrote:Like the glass, clever image of your flag.
Don't know if they ship to Australia but you could check out luckyshotusa.com. Just think! Maybe you too could have a beer mug with a bullet embedded in it and an American flag on it!

:bgrin

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

To be true to my country it would need to have an Australian flag (MINUS the union jack) and an embedded blowfly!

:purple :yellow :purple :yellow :WTF

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

OK my new favorite Beer
Coppers Sparlkly ale
It a very nice drop and it has a kick like a mule, well anyway for me, 2 and I'm a blithering fool with no pain (not a bad thing usually a blithering idiot with pain)
5.8 % 1.7 drinks
It's much like Toohey's lagers only a bit of malty after taste and can definitely taste the booze. Unlike some stouts where you have no idea the alcohol level until you try to stand..

Just for my taste I don't really like pale ale and I do categorize most designer beer this way... The first couple sips taste great then it's just overpowering. (monk probably knows why)

no additives and no preservatives and a fermented drink how can I go wrong... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

That is the beer I buy mostly. Need to find a place that sells lots of imported beers.

There is a brewery in Canada, Unibroue, makes very high quality Belgian style beers. Seth should be able to find them in Oregon. But {sob} they no longer export to Australia!

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

I've been meaning to try that Coopers beer sometime when I get a chance. It's not available in my local stores. A limited amount of it is imported to the U.S. and I think I would have to drive about an hour to try it out. I will sometime. :beer:

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

SethBullock wrote:I've been meaning to try that Coopers beer sometime when I get a chance. It's not available in my local stores. A limited amount of it is imported to the U.S. and I think I would have to drive about an hour to try it out. I will sometime. :beer:
we have online wine and beer stores here, I'm sure USA would have the same, maybe worth a look.. :purple

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I've been meaning to try that Coopers beer sometime when I get a chance. It's not available in my local stores. A limited amount of it is imported to the U.S. and I think I would have to drive about an hour to try it out. I will sometime. :beer:
we have online wine and beer stores here, I'm sure USA would have the same, maybe worth a look.. :purple
We can't ship beer through the mail here (which I find outrageous). There are online beer finders though. I can use that to go where a beer is, but I have no way of ordering it and having it delivered.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yeah, I got two beers from an American brewer friend. He labelled the bottles “yeast samples under wort” and the postal people handling his package obviously didn’t brew!

The beers BTW were incredibly good! One was a barleywine, smooth sweet malt at front of the mouth, nice belt of hops at the back of the mouth! The other was a cherry stout. Would have been better as a straight stout. Incredible beers from a “greasy biker thug.” (“BikerBob” was his handle and for good reason.)

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
We can't ship beer through the mail here (which I find outrageous). There are online beer finders though. I can use that to go where a beer is, but I have no way of ordering it and having it delivered.

that's a bit silly. I'm always delivering beer and wine to customers.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

that's a bit silly. I'm always delivering beer and wine to customers.
It’s to prevent underage brats having it delivered when mummy & daddy aren’t home.