Know and Believe

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
spamone: Animal

Know and Believe

Post by greggerypeccary »

How does someone not understand the difference between these two words?

"You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it."

Assuming that English is their first language, which I'm pretty sure it is.

WTF?

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Re: Know and Believe

Post by pinkeye »

ahhh I just took him up on that very point, on that topic.
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

SO
the world is populated by humans who are essentially fuckwits. That means YOU and ME, and the neighbours and the government... fuckwits .. that is what we are. No denying it.

I can't sleep because the 24 hrs News cycle is really interesting at the moment.

Did you know..? if YOU watched footage of that POLICE action in Minnesota.? Of MR Floyd ?

You saw a man being murdered on TV NEWS. No doubt.. that man died on TV. WE watched him DIE, over and over on all the NEWS channels. Over and over.

Do you believe that.? Do you know that.?
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

So
I KNOW we who saw that footage, actually saw a MAN die ……… you DO KNOW THAT right.?
Right in front of you.!? Please.. understand that. He was dead.

Killed by the Police of Minnesota. I wonder how many times this happened before... too many to count I believe.

They deserve to BURN.
There was another matter earlier in the week , where a white woman was filmed by a black guy... she did everything she could in her 911 call to get this guy killed.

Do you believe that.?
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yup, just finished a shared video conversation (Zoom) with some yankee homebrew buddies and they were talking about the fires and the cop. None had sympathy for the cop. Pretty bloody bad.