To Booby the gullible fool

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Is Debuyne a snake oil salesman?

Poll ended at 09 Apr 2018, 18:00

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes
Could not care less.
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: To Booby the gullible fool

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jun 2018, 19:32

Booby the gullible fool will mention some other to prove (to himself mainly, I think) that we are moving to an ice age.

One suburb I checked up—coldest suburb in Melbourne :bgrin

Another suburb—suburb most likely to get below zero temperatures

and so on.

Dishonest.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 16 Jun 2018, 20:12

HBS Guy wrote:We are warmer now than the MWP, rather warmer in fact.

I don't think you and Lee know how much of a piss off it is when you use things like 'MWP.' WTF is that?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jun 2018, 21:08

Medieval Warm Period. Gave way to the LIA—Little Ice Age—around the end of the 1200s.

We don’t quite know why the MWP ended.

A GSM—Grand Solar Minimum, extended period without sunspots—sees the earth receive less TSI, Total Solar Irradiation aka sunlight. That doesn’t cause an ice age Little or Major. That is why I know Dubyne is talking pure unadulterated bullshit.

Major ice ages are to do with changes to the earths orbit or the inclination of the axis so that in summer the northern hemisphere is inclined away from the sun, things like that. Milankovitch Cycles—look them up.

The term “Little Ice Age” is a misnomer. It wasn’t that much colder and no glaciation happening, etc.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 11:56

Cods, I have no intention of deleting your account here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 12:14

Ahh, anybody see Booby’s little snipe at me?

You have to do that, eh Booby, because you cannot best me in argument and you believe an obvious lying charlatan.

I have been having fun on Twitter, exposing all the mumbojumbo the snake oil sellers use. I try to help their dupes see sense. Well, no, I don’t do that, I try to stop the snake oil sellers like Dubyne ensnaring more people into their bullshit and think I have been successful.

Dubyne is now talking about sky colors and other bullshit on Twitter, trying to stay away from the factual where I slaughter him.

Here is one argument that is beaut.

They talk about hail, baseball size hail.

I pop up, explain that more frequent hail falls are due to AGW.

Can you explain why hail is more frequent and the stones bigger because of the imaginary GSM the liars crap on about bringing an ice age? In fact, can you describe how a GSM could bring an ice age?

I will be away for a couple of hours. You can answer my two questions here, the Dubyne MRB or Relationships. You can even ask The Moronic for help with the trickier and really scientific bits. ahahahaha I kill myself :rofl :rofl :rofl

Over to you Boobhead!

If you can’t answer the questions we will know who is a mental defective!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 19:00

Let us do the easy one first.

A GSM would cool the globe by 0.3°C tops. Something like 0.13°C is more likely.

So, a GSM would not bring an ice age. The Maunder Minimum did not cause the LIA, the LIA existed before, during and after the Maunder Minimum.

That disposes of a GSM causing an ice age.

That brings us to hail. The liar Dubyne often quotes hail, big hail stones as a sign of his imaginary ice age. Funnily enough, despite the fact hail is ice it is not a sign of cooling, nor is the size of the hailstones a sign of cooling.

Where the hail is formed is a clue.

Alright, start with the basics.

Hail is ice and ice is frozen water. The water has to get up to where it can freeze. That happens in thunderstorms. So:

1. AGW warms the top 2000 metres of the seas. That means more evaporation. It takes energy for a water molecule to start moving more and more rapidly and depart the sea and become a gaseous molecule, water vapor. Not going to waste my time explaining to two idiots why it takes more energy to vaporise water than other molecules of similar molecular weight. Since energy, heat, is needed nobody, I hope, is going to challenge that in a cooler world there would be less evaporation.

2. AGW warms the air as well. Has warmed it enough over the last 100 or so years that the air can hold nearly 8% more moisture. If the air was colder obviously it could hold less moisture: the molecules of water vapor would move less energetically and water molecules would stick together more and eventually drop out as rain or whatever, dew etc. Now you know why dew forms overnight and especially very early morning when temperatures are colder.

3. OK, we have a lot of vapor in warm air. What else does heat do. Cause convection! This is junior HS science, senior primary school science even. The warmer a surface is the stronger the convection is. Three ways so far as to why warming is so important to hail forming.

So, if the mass of warm moist air moves over land it usually precipitates as rain. Rainfall generally is increasing, atmospheric rivers can dump huge amounts of rain on coasts. But imagine we have a thunderstorm and it moves over land that has been heated by the sun. The convection in the thunderstorm (look that up yourself if you are so ignorant) would get a boost from the thermals arising from the land. The warm moist air would be sent way up in the atmosphere by these powerful thermals. Up there the warm air encounters lower temperatures and lower barometric pressure, of course, cools, expands and cools more by adiabatic cooling. Some of the water freezes, other water vapor around sticks to the baby hailstone and increases its size. When gravity overpowers convection the hail starts falling. It can accumulate more ice around it, adjacent hailstones can collide and stick together. Until the hail falls below the cloud level of the thunderstorm it can add more ice.

So, the warmer the globe gets the more frequent hail fall gets and the bigger the hailstones get, in general.

Hail can fall in summer, proving surface temperatures have nothing to do with hail, apart from providing huge thermals.

So, no ice age from a GSM and AGW means more and bigger hail.

Everything I have said about hail can be confirmed by consulting meteorological texts or look up “hail” in wikipedia.

Booby is an uneducated dickhead.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bobby » 17 Jun 2018, 19:05

Hi Aussie,
Does Monk have any control, over you?

Is your G Mod status on the line?
Bobby

Postby Aussie » 17 Jun 2018, 19:09

Bobby wrote:Hi Aussie,

:up
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 19:11

Was that REALLY Booby?

Booby couldn’t answer my questions, could not even understand my explanation more like. Typical he goes nowhere near it.

Guess it was Booby. Booby the High School drop out.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 17 Jun 2018, 19:14

Bobby wrote:Hi Aussie,

I find most people attribute onto others their own behaviour boobs. Just look at cods.
Which brings me to a question boobie, do you claim this of aussie because this is what the sewer rats do to you?? was that why they fought so hard for you to be enviro mod?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby mothra » 17 Jun 2018, 21:45

It is highly amusing how Booby is ranting about being denigrated here when he spent months posting obsessively and provocatively about how much gossip he had on everyone once he joined the sewer.

Used to gloat about how much we were all talked about, mostly Aussie of course.

Even Cods tried to reign him in, so prolific was his boasting and (just for Cods) goading..
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 22:54

Booby is a creep who lies pretty constantly.

I never said that because of AGW it will be warm in winter.

I have gone to some trouble to post the distributions of minimum and maximum temperatures for Australia (from BuMet “State of the Climate 2016” report. I also found and posted the global distributions.

As you would expect from AGW the temperature distributions have moved slightly to the warm side. The “tail” of the distribution on the cold side shows that cold weather events are still probable, a teensy bit less probable than the 1950s say.

That is what I have said—and supported with the Australian and global distributions that I found and posted. Booby just can’t understand, it seems.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2018, 23:39

Booby is a liar.

Said he doesn’t drink. Drinks cheap plonk from some winery down his way.

Of course, Gordy is just covering his arse because I said he was the worst of the three cunts who made out I was a drunk and drug addict.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 17 Jun 2018, 23:48

HBS Guy wrote:Booby is a liar.

Said he doesn’t drink. Drinks cheap plonk from some winery down his way.

Of course, Gordy is just covering his arse because I said he was the worst of the three cunts who made out I was a drunk and drug addict.

And now, Gordy thinks it gets to you so he'll never let it go.

Watch out for a sudden influx on threads about the dangers of alcohol.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2018, 00:15

Yup, all of which I will ignore.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 18 Jun 2018, 00:35

Monk is a puerile, drunken bum who shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2018, 06:54

You never went to University Booby.

I bet you still don’t know why more and bigger hail is not a sign of an ice age but the opposite, of global warming. Would not have a clue, would you?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 08:15

Booby gleefully posted stuff about cold along the East coast.

Looks like it is the coldest in places for four years. That would be right, El Ninos in 2014/5/6, a weak La Nina in 2017/18 so finally some heat has left. Not much tho:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 08:49

Notice that what Booby talked about was local cold and that cold not that exceptional.

He also, I guess, assumed that extra snow falling means extra cold. He would be wrong. Extra snow means extra precipitation. We all know the snow will be gone before long in spring—not accumulating so not an ice age.

I talk about global climate and global influences like the way AGW and Polar Amplification of it has made the Jet Streams weaker, meandering to outright chaotic. That means warm air can enter the Arctic/Antarctic more easily and cold air can leave the polar airs more easily. The GSM/ice age charlatans seize on the cold and forget the warm air. The charlatans and their dupes cannot afford to think about warm events—there is no GLOBAL cooling, only LOCAL cooling.

And we know that greenhouse gas molecules absorb infrared, re-emit it but re-emit it downward as easily as upward. OK, let us talk a little bit about greenhouse gases. Not directing this at Booby—pearls before swine—but at those interested in global climate and how it changes and how the changes affect us.

The two main gases in the atmosphere, nitrogen and oxygen, existing as molecules of paired atoms, N2 and O2, are not greenhouse gases. There is another group of gases, the noble gases so called. These have electrons in every electron orbital and so do not form compounds, not easily anyway. So “molecules” of one or two atoms are not greenhouse gases.

There are gases in the atmosphere with three or more atoms. For our purpose here the most important is water vapor. One oxygen atom combines with two hydrogen atoms. The oxygen “grabs” the electrons from the hydrogen atoms to fill its two empty electron orbits—the electrons are shared across the whole molecule but spend more time around the oxygen atom.

So one negative charged part, two positive charged parts—that is why water is so heavy considering the atoms that make up the water molecules. A hydrogen atom is attracted to the oxygen atom in an adjacent water molecule—adjacent water molecules tend to attract each other a bit. Just as well or life would likely not be possible. Compare H2O, can be solid, liquid or gas at the surface of our planet with a similar molecule made with the next element down from oxygen in the periodic table. H2S is always a gas and is called “rotten egg gas” and is deadly in not that high a concentration. H2S would be a GHG when it is present.

There are interatomic lengths in molecules. For some three or more atom per molecule gases these correspond to a frequency of infrared aka “thermal IR” aka “IR.” Water vapor, H2O, can absorb a lot of frequencies of IR. CO2 can absorb more of the frequencies. Nitrous oxide, N2O and methane, CH4 can absorb more frequencies than CO2. CFCs used as coolants in refrigerators etc can absorb IR as well: apart from a small increase in concentration CFCs are not used anymore and so will gradually be broken up by the actions of UV (ultraviolet, light at the other end of the spectrum of visible light from infrared, oxygen (O2) and ozone (O3 and a greenhouse gas.)

So, a GHG molecule absorbs a photon (you will have to look that up, think of it as a packet) of IR. This is more energy in the molecule so it spins faster but it cannot hold on to the photon and it moves to the other bond, other dipole, and exits the molecule, as likely downward as upward as I said before. Our photon may get intercepted by more than one GHG molecule.

If our energetic GHG molecule collides with another GHG molecule the energy provided by the photon is shared and a much lower energy, longer wave (reduced) photon is emitted and the energy it leaves behind warms the lower atmosphere where all this happens: the upper atmosphere is cooler because less IR reaches it—all this as shown by readings from satellites, weather balloons and so on.

The CO2 is a “well mixed gas” and it does not matter where you measure CO2 it is going up and has peaks and troughs corresponding to the carbon cycle. In 1880 there was 280ppm of CO2, today there are 410ppm, a 46% increase and put there by us. This 46% extra CO2 is why 1980 is warmer than 1880 and why 2080 will be warmer than 1980 and why even a deep Grand Solar Minimum will have little effect on global temperatures and because the CO2 will still be in the atmosphere the cooling from a GSM will be temporary.

There you go, some science for early Tuesday morning :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 10:13

Temperature anomalies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 10:24

Actually, looking at that graph, it seems that changes in temperatures, dips and peaks, are getting smaller, the temperature (globally, can still get local cold—especially in winter, eh Booby?)

Why could that be? One pretty obvious explanation: the oceans are now holding a tremendous amount of heat so as temperatures recede from an El Nino peak the oceans would lose some heat to the atmosphere, limiting the temperature drop. The really interesting thing is that despite it being two years since the last El Nino, and despite a weak La Nina being present late 2017 to early 2018, temperatures have not dropped much—third warmest April and May this year.

With the oceans warming is it any wonder that the AMOC, the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation, that transports heat to the east coast of the US and the west coast of England and West Europe, while in the depths removing cold water back to Antarctica to be overturned and sent again north, is slowing down? Can’t overturn when cold fresh water just sits on top of warmer salty seawater that is denser due to the salt content. The last bit of the surface current of the AMOC is often called The Gulf Stream or Atlantic Conveyor. (The AMOC does make an excursion into and out of the Indian Ocean.

If the AMOC slows more winters in NE of US, England and West Europe will get colder but summers there will get hotter. Hmmm wonder what the the temperature charts look like in those areas?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 19:06

Piers Corbyn @Piers_Corby 3h3 hours ago More
Piers Corbyn Retweeted Andy Oz
NOTE #extreme #hail events are a widespread NORMAL feature of the #MiniIceAge - #WildJetStream era

Piers is supposed to be a hot shot weather forecaster. He doesn’t seem to understand hail tho. Hail forms in thunderstorms, thunderstorms have thermals that send the moist air waayyyyyy up where expansion and adiabatic cooling forms the initial ice nuclei.

If the globe was cooler thermals would be less as would evaporation.

Why are there so many morons convinced cold can produce what heat is needed to produce? Do they put their kettles in the fridge and their icecube trays on the cooktop? Weird!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 19:06

Piers Corbyn @Piers_Corby 3h3 hours ago More
Piers Corbyn Retweeted Andy Oz
NOTE #extreme #hail events are a widespread NORMAL feature of the #MiniIceAge - #WildJetStream era

Piers is supposed to be a hot shot weather forecaster. He doesn’t seem to understand hail tho. Hail forms in thunderstorms, thunderstorms have thermals that send the moist air waayyyyyy up where expansion and adiabatic cooling forms the initial ice nuclei.

If the globe was cooler thermals would be less as would evaporation.

Why are there so many morons convinced cold can produce what heat is needed to produce? Do they put their kettles in the fridge and their icecube trays on the cooktop? Weird!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2018, 19:18

Heat and temperature.

Heat is energy. When you heat something you are pouring energy into it. The energy makes the molecules (or atoms for an element like a piece of lead say) vibrate more quickly. Eventually the molecules move so fast the item melts. (Some substances, like iodine, sublimate, go from solid straight to vapor or gaseous state.

Temperature is the intensity of that heat: put the same amount of heat into a cup of water and a gallon of water. Which do you think will feel hotter?

Heat a liquid and the molecules will eventually move fast enough some can escape the liquid and become gas. Thus in a cooler world there is less evaporation which also means in a cooler world there is less precipitation, less rain, hail and snow. With the extra evaporation in a warmer world there is more precipitation. Depending on how high the moist air was sent the precipitation could be as rain, hail or snow. Snow that falls on land that is near sea level will melt before it reaches the surface. In mountain areas the snow reaches the surface before the snow has melted on its way down. So more snowfall on mountains is not necessarily a sign of cooling, it could equally be just a sign of precipitation.

Tricky stuff.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Jun 2018, 09:04

Ahahahaha and I am killing Dubyne and the other snake oil sellers on Twitter! Dubyne has no answers, Booby, he posts rubbish but can’t explain it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit