What are you doing right now?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby SethBullock » 07 Jan 2019, 13:48

Quit being an ol' curmudgeon, Aussie ... :smack

She's beautiful, Texan.

You're going to love being a grampa. :bgrin
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Texan » 07 Jan 2019, 14:02

Aussie wrote:
Texan wrote:My 17 year old is driving me home from Wichita KS. My granddaughter is beautiful and just 3 days old. The lovely Mrs. Texan is staying another week to help Mom and Dad.

I’ll try to post a picture if I can figure out how to downsize it.

Nice photo, Texan. Ima not gonna say how cute she is, 'cause that shits me when people do that gooey gooey stuff about babies.

:beer

Sorry. This is my first grandchild and she is absolutely perfect. I feel for her very much like I felt when I held her dad for the first time 25 years ago.

Thanks Seth.

I'd like to take this moment to declare my granddaughter, Haylen, an honorary Texan. Her mother was a military brat and grew up all over the world. Haylen's father was born on a military base 8 miles from the Texas border to 2 Texan parents and was subsequently raised in Texas and has Texas as his home of record for military purposes. I wish I had driven to Texas to get a cup of Texas soil to put under the birthing bed when my son was born so that I could say he was born on Texas soil.
Last edited by Texan on 07 Jan 2019, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 07 Jan 2019, 14:11

Texan wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Texan wrote:My 17 year old is driving me home from Wichita KS. My granddaughter is beautiful and just 3 days old. The lovely Mrs. Texan is staying another week to help Mom and Dad.

Nice photo, Texan. Ima not gonna say how cute she is, 'cause that shits me when people do that gooey gooey stuff about babies.

Sorry. This is my first grandchild and she is absolutely perfect. I feel for her very much like I felt when I held her dad for the first time 25 years ago.

Thanks Seth.

I totally understand. I have 3 grandchildren, and to me, they are the most beautiful little blessings in the whole wide world.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 07 Jan 2019, 14:35

SethBullock wrote:Quit being an ol' curmudgeon, Aussie ... :smack

She's beautiful, Texan.

Bleh! :B
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby mothra » 07 Jan 2019, 15:02

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Quit being an ol' curmudgeon, Aussie ... :smack

She's beautiful, Texan.

Bleh! :B

Aussie, part of living in a society is understanding that not all thoughts need be openly expressed. :smack

She is beautiful Tex. She is the promise of inestimable joy.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 07 Jan 2019, 15:24

Aussie, part of living in a society is understanding that not all thoughts need be openly expressed.

Mothra, part of living in a society is understanding that at all times, everyone is entitled to my opinion.

I am sure Texan's Grand Daughter will grow into a beautiful and loving woman...but don't give me the 'how cute' etc expected mouthings about new born's appearance. I have ten grand kids, and not one of them was 'cute' or 'beautiful,' at birth.

Wrinkly, pink, noisy shit factories they were, however.

So there.........

:B
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 07 Jan 2019, 15:27

Aussie wrote:
Aussie, part of living in a society is understanding that not all thoughts need be openly expressed.

Mothra, part of living in a society is understanding that at all times, everyone is entitled to my opinion.

I am sure Texan's Grand Daughter will grow into a beautiful and loving woman...but don't give me the 'how cute' etc expected mouthings about new born's appearance. I have ten grand kids, and not one of them was 'cute' or 'beautiful,' at birth.

So there.........

:grn

:smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 07 Jan 2019, 15:32

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So there.........

:grn

:smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/peo ... otlmao.gif
Aussie

Postby Texan » 07 Jan 2019, 15:37

Aussie wrote:

So there.........

I haven’t changed a single diaper and when she cries, I give her to someone else. She is perfect and beautiful.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jan 2019, 15:47

Awww, what a bewdiful baby! <=== just to piss Aussie off :roll :bgrin

Looks like a decided little miss!

When I was holding great niece Milly 2 days after she was born she dropped a nice big fart into my hand. Yup, part of this family!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2019, 15:48

She looks gorgeous Tex, you must be one proud grandpa.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2019, 15:49

Aussie wrote:

you miserable old goat
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2019, 15:53

Aussie wrote:part of living in a society is understanding that at all times, everyone is entitled to my opinion.

if that's the case, then I'm entitled to shove it somewhere you aren't going to like one little bit ... :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 07 Jan 2019, 17:22

See how they all pick on me Seth, Texan! Just collective bullies they be.

Thing is....I know where their buttons are. Herding these cats is very easy.

:clap
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2019, 17:27

Aussie wrote:See how they all pick on me Seth, Texan! Just collective bullies they be.

you actually think you're the one herding? How sweet!

you poor diddums ... :roll :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 07 Jan 2019, 17:48

johnsmith wrote:
Aussie wrote:See how they all pick on me Seth, Texan! Just collective bullies they be.

you actually think you're the one herding? How sweet!

you poor diddums ... :roll :roll

You know Aussie has to make his natural obnoxiousness seem elective.

It's a Queenslander thing.
mothra
Duck

Postby Tally » 07 Jan 2019, 18:01

HBS Guy wrote:Nothing bad I hope?

Some sad news, my sister passed on boxing day. She fell acutely ill on Christmas eve and our small family were by the her side until she went.
It's the first time someone very close to me has died and it really brings on the full range of emotions, some you expect and other that you just can't imagine you'd feel.

I can see other posts that a group member has beautiful little new baby in their life, isn't the ebb and flow and cycles of life remarkable?
Last edited by Tally on 07 Jan 2019, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 07 Jan 2019, 18:02

See!!!!! Now they are getting all tribal on me! Are there no bounds?

:giggle

*Oh.....bugger........sorry Tally.*
Aussie

Postby Tally » 07 Jan 2019, 18:53

Aussie wrote:See!!!!! Now they are getting all tribal on me! Are there no bounds?

:giggle

*Oh.....bugger........sorry Tally.*

Thanks.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 07 Jan 2019, 19:16

Tally wrote:

Some sad news, my sister passed on boxing day. She fell acutely ill on Christmas eve and our small family were by the her side until she went.
It's the first time someone very close to me has died and it really brings on the full range of emotions, some you expect and other that you just can't imagine you'd feel.

I can see other posts that a group member has beautiful little new baby in their life, isn't the ebb and flow and cycles of life remarkable?

Jesus Tally! I'm so very sorry. I remember you saying you were helping your sister, i hoped it might not have been under such dire circumstances.

That holiday you both had is an even more treasured memory now. I'm glad you shared that.

You said she's a single mum? Not young kids i hope?
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jan 2019, 19:22

Tally wrote:

Wow, sorry to hear that, Tally. I have lost a father and that was pretty bad, but losing a sibling must be much worse.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2019, 19:56

Tally wrote:

So sorry to hear that Tally.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Lols » 07 Jan 2019, 20:54

Texan wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Thanks Seth.

I'd like to take this moment to declare my granddaughter, Haylen, an honorary Texan. Her mother was a military brat and grew up all over the world. Haylen's father was born on a military base 8 miles from the Texas border to 2 Texan parents and was subsequently raised in Texas and has Texas as his home of record for military purposes. I wish I had driven to Texas to get a cup of Texas soil to put under the birthing bed when my son was born so that I could say he was born on Texas soil.

Oh my goodness!!
I have been busy elsewhere with not so pleasant stuff, and so lovely to see you have become a grandpa for the first time! Big hearty congrats to you and Mrs. Texan.

Such lovely news xx

One day, I would love to have news like this also :smitten
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 07 Jan 2019, 21:04

Tally wrote:

Condolences to you Tally, I feel the ebb and flow of grief of late also, just put mum to rest a week ago, and I still can't believe she is gone, I have so many things I still wanted to discuss and ask.

I hope your sister didn't suffer too much, looks like it was quick, with some time to say goodbye I hope, even though no one is ever ready to do so. Never actually.

Grief is like a wave, sometimes I think I am okay, then it hits me anywhere, even when I was out at a restaurant, in the middle of my meal, it hit me....just can't help it.
You are allowed to grieve in any way you wish to express, and as long as you wish to...don't ever let anyone tell you "Haven't you gotten over it yet?" becuase that is total BS

I did a 6 week course on grief back in the early 1990's when dad suddenly died.
It made me understand the different types of grieving, even with separations, and one week, we did death and children, and how they perceive death.
We have to be totally honest with children, telling their loved ones have gone to heavan is not enough......one story was, a 3 year old boy would hear his parents say, they are going to see their mum (his grandma).
And so, one day, the little boy asked, if he could go and see grandma too.
So they took him along, to the cemetary.
He put his hands in his pockets, and looked around and said "So this is what heavan looks like?"

What should have been said, grandma died, was buried, then went to heavan.
Tally, I hope you will be okay, if you ever wish to talk, I am here for you anytime xx
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Tally » 08 Jan 2019, 13:46

Thanks all for the kind words.

It was fast, heart failure after a severe asthma attack but there was an underlying issue of an untreated over-active thyroid which weakened her heart.
She has just one son, in uni now and self sufficient thank goodness. He's doing well and blessed he has a great group of supportive friends in place of a large family.

Looks like I'll be staying down in Melbourne for a bit. I think I'll play it by ear for him.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit