Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Feb 2020, 20:12

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby johnsmith » 08 Feb 2020, 20:27

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple


first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Feb 2020, 21:59

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple


first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Bongalong » 08 Feb 2020, 22:19

HBS Guy wrote:28K cases, 500 deaths is not a biological weapon.

Don’t stir up panic and hate without facts you dropkick!

What is the (potential) target???
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Bongalong » 08 Feb 2020, 22:25

DonDeeHippy wrote:Next week I do my annual Duff festival
https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/
I'm one of the staff and it's great fun..
I also do a lot with Local musicians and quite a few are worried for me that I'll be with 5,000 people and maybe get the Corona virus..... I just told them I wouldn't drink Mexican beer and id be fine... I got a lot of blank stares.
Seriously though I'm not going to live in fear and not leave my house... Ever :purple

Yeh it's all bs!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Bongalong » 08 Feb 2020, 22:30

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple


first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though:purple

Like mad c-words from the meat killing industry.... :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby pinkeye » 09 Feb 2020, 01:17

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple


first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though:purple


Looks like fun, if I was 40 years younger.
I did attend an Earth Dance , last yrs was restricted in SEQ due to venue available, so it was held a friend's place. Apparently it happens every year on the Solstice..the Summer Solstice.. some folk dance at 10 at night, some at 10 in the morning, depending by the location, and is co-ordinated on that basis.

I DID meet some interesting people,... reminded me of me when I was a hippie. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Feb 2020, 06:39

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.earthfrequency.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image/public/web_content_files/photo_galleries/eff2019_brent_randall/eff2019_brent_randall_photo_mg_4188_edit_4.jpg?itok=0KPIXw4k

Just found a pic of me a Earth Freq.... I dress for success



that's definitely your colour

hehe your a hour from there bring the family... :purple


first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though:purple


Looks like fun, if I was 40 years younger.
I did attend an Earth Dance , last yrs was restricted in SEQ due to venue available, so it was held a friend's place. Apparently it happens every year on the Solstice..the Summer Solstice.. some folk dance at 10 at night, some at 10 in the morning, depending by the location, and is co-ordinated on that basis.

I DID meet some interesting people,... reminded me of me when I was a hippie. :bgrin

yeah I've done a few earth dances, world wide event and lots of fun, used to be in a property at Conondale not far from the hippy commune there.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 09 Feb 2020, 10:32

Hey DDH, is that a festival where campers can go and it’s in the hills where there’s hardly any phone signal?
Is that the one where last year, a big storm came during the festival and almost blew everyone’s tents away?
If so, I think that’s the one my daughter attended last year!
It’s similar to Rainbow Serpent Festival in Victoria. Which my daughter and I camped at for 4days in 2018.
It was hot as hell over 40 deg. We had a day going to the swimming pools. Hot bbq food, cold icy poles and a band playing. Was my favourite day!
It’s been cancelled this year due to the fires.
There was a fire nearby the camping grounds in 2018. Can’t say it wasn’t eventful!
I must tell daughter the earth dance festival is on and if she can get a ticket.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Chuck » 09 Feb 2020, 10:59

A study published Friday in the medical journal JAMA found that 41% of the first 138 patients diagnosed at one hospital in Wuhan, China, were presumed to be infected in that hospital.

This is big news. In plain English, it means that nearly half of the initial infections in this hospital appear to have been spread within the hospital itself. This is called nosocomial transmission. (Doctors use big words to hide bad things: Nosocomial means caught it in the hospital.)

So, like SARS and MERS -- other coronaviruses -- before it, the Wuhan coronavirus is spreading in hospitals.

China has been working hard to keep up with the testing, care and social impacts of the virus. It's good to see crucial epidemiological information starting to emerge.

Where is the novel coronavirus going next?

Only time will tell. The next few days and weeks will determine:

If sustained transmission begins in other countries, which unfortunately seems likely.
If it does, whether it can be contained, which unfortunately seems unlikely.
How severe the illness is among those who are infected, which we still don't know.


Until we know this critical information, we won't be able to assess how bad this novel coronavirus is going to get and which control measures have the best chance of slowing spread.

Global death toll has now surpassed SAR's
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 807
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Feb 2020, 12:27

Lols wrote:Hey DDH, is that a festival where campers can go and it’s in the hills where there’s hardly any phone signal?
Is that the one where last year, a big storm came during the festival and almost blew everyone’s tents away?
If so, I think that’s the one my daughter attended last year!
It’s similar to Rainbow Serpent Festival in Victoria. Which my daughter and I camped at for 4days in 2018.
It was hot as hell over 40 deg. We had a day going to the swimming pools. Hot bbq food, cold icy poles and a band playing. Was my favourite day!
It’s been cancelled this year due to the fires.
There was a fire nearby the camping grounds in 2018. Can’t say it wasn’t eventful!
I must tell daughter the earth dance festival is on and if she can get a ticket.

Yes sounds like Earth Freak, only get range on top of some of the Hills...I'm involved with the Camping side and yes we had a big wind storm that destroyed some sites, lots of new campers in the festival and no idea just how destructive a good wind can be with a big sail.... Lots of gazebo's in the next camp site and such....
I caravan and keep a eye on the weather and if a storm is brewing pull down the gazebo and awnings...The campers I make friends with I then go and help them secure their sites....
I need to do the trip down to Vic and get to a rainbow serpent do, it looks fun :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 09 Feb 2020, 13:33

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Lols wrote:Hey DDH, is that a festival where campers can go and it’s in the hills where there’s hardly any phone signal?
Is that the one where last year, a big storm came during the festival and almost blew everyone’s tents away?
If so, I think that’s the one my daughter attended last year!
It’s similar to Rainbow Serpent Festival in Victoria. Which my daughter and I camped at for 4days in 2018.
It was hot as hell over 40 deg. We had a day going to the swimming pools. Hot bbq food, cold icy poles and a band playing. Was my favourite day!
It’s been cancelled this year due to the fires.
There was a fire nearby the camping grounds in 2018. Can’t say it wasn’t eventful!
I must tell daughter the earth dance festival is on and if she can get a ticket.

Yes sounds like Earth Freak, only get range on top of some of the Hills...I'm involved with the Camping side and yes we had a big wind storm that destroyed some sites, lots of new campers in the festival and no idea just how destructive a good wind can be with a big sail.... Lots of gazebo's in the next camp site and such....
I caravan and keep a eye on the weather and if a storm is brewing pull down the gazebo and awnings...The campers I make friends with I then go and help them secure their sites....
I need to do the trip down to Vic and get to a rainbow serpent do, it looks fun :purple


It’s all thunderbirds ago!
Daughter is intending to go, she hasn’t a ticket yet. But I’m sure it’s not sold out?
I told her about you and how you volunteer work helping with campers and if okay you and her meet up, she said yes to that.
:Hi
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 09 Feb 2020, 13:52

She found someone selling ticket for $320 including vehicle pass.

The festival last year daughter attended was earth elements. Smaller and newer than earth frequency
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Feb 2020, 14:37

Lols wrote:She found someone selling ticket for $320 including vehicle pass.

The festival last year daughter attended was earth elements. Smaller and newer than earth frequency

yes there is a huge amount of underground Bush Duffs, some of the Backpackers wear the ID bracelets like medals and have dozens of them on their wrists.. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby pinkeye » 09 Feb 2020, 23:52

DonDeeHippy wrote:
pinkeye wrote:first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though:purple


Looks like fun, if I was 40 years younger.
I did attend an Earth Dance , last yrs was restricted in SEQ due to venue available, so it was held a friend's place. Apparently it happens every year on the Solstice..the Summer Solstice.. some folk dance at 10 at night, some at 10 in the morning, depending by the location, and is co-ordinated on that basis.

I DID meet some interesting people,... reminded me of me when I was a hippie. :bgrin[/quote]
yeah I've done a few earth dances, world wide event and lots of fun, used to be in a property at Conondale not far from the hippy commune there.[/quote]

That's the one. :thumb

It's all done via Facebook usually, I gather, but I don't do Facebook, and found out about it through.... FATE, and
my own initiative. :bgrin

I was really happy to see that there still people out there who think more like me than not. :bgrin

They are lovely people, and I can't find my wrist-band.!!!
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby hatty » 10 Feb 2020, 15:17

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
pinkeye wrote:first i've even heard of it.

it looks good though. I'd love to go but next weekend i'm hosting a bbq... or so I've heard :grn

yeah it's a duff festival and unless you love electronic music you would never go, or like me get sucked in first through volunteering then I was a performer (just organizing teenage activities not music) and now paid staff, luckily they have a live stage , I get bored with dub and hardcore after awhile... You do get to meet some amazing people though:purple


Looks like fun, if I was 40 years younger.
I did attend an Earth Dance , last yrs was restricted in SEQ due to venue available, so it was held a friend's place. Apparently it happens every year on the Solstice..the Summer Solstice.. some folk dance at 10 at night, some at 10 in the morning, depending by the location, and is co-ordinated on that basis.

I DID meet some interesting people,... reminded me of me when I was a hippie. :bgrin

yeah I've done a few earth dances, world wide event and lots of fun, used to be in a property at Conondale not far from the hippy commune there.[/quote]

That's the one. :thumb

It's all done via Facebook usually, I gather, but I don't do Facebook, and found out about it through.... FATE, and
my own initiative. :bgrin

I was really happy to see that there still people out there who think more like me than not. :bgrin


They are lovely people, and I can't find my wrist-band.!!![/quote]

with you again pink..... fires and now floods.

i may be more cynical and i do not expect every to get my sense of humour

stay safe
User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby pinkeye » 11 Feb 2020, 00:44

it is all good here.

Thanks Lols
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 13 Feb 2020, 10:50

This report is heart wrenching, why is it that so far this virus is lethal to the Chinese yet no other race had died from it?
Wuhan funeral staffer reveals real death toll.

https://youtu.be/eYYV1B1lRKY
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Dax » 13 Feb 2020, 16:37

Lols wrote:This report is heart wrenching, why is it that so far this virus is lethal to the Chinese yet no other race had died from it?
Wuhan funeral staffer reveals real death toll.

https://youtu.be/eYYV1B1lRKY


Could be because Chinese and other Asians may not have evolved the resistance to viruses, same with Africans and most other indigenous peoples. Asians have dramatically changed their diets over the last 50 years and may not have built up the resistant European people have over more than 1000 years.
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 13 Feb 2020, 18:50

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Lols wrote:She found someone selling ticket for $320 including vehicle pass.

The festival last year daughter attended was earth elements. Smaller and newer than earth frequency

yes there is a huge amount of underground Bush Duffs, some of the Backpackers wear the ID bracelets like medals and have dozens of them on their wrists.. :purple

I wish Don had phone signal so I could let him know the latest. Daughter says it’s so raining up there, “big fat rain” she says.
And we just saw flooding up there on the news.
She had her car packed and was going to get ticket today online, but she decided not to go due to rain and thunder forecast.
I hope Don is okay up there, and everyone else, that will camp in the rain and mud.
Such a shame about the weather. Dang it.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 13 Feb 2020, 20:34

I managed to get a text message to Don, and to let him courteously know daughter not going because of rain etc,
Don received message okay eventually as signal not real good, but he messaged to say, it’s a nightmare there, every car getting bogged! :rain :OMG How to set up tent in the wet
Hope they have at least one or two good days.
There’s a lot of preparation that goes into it, food vans, entertainers etc
Been to Rainbow Serpent Festival 2 years ago for its 21st, and it was over 40 deg with a fire nearby campers in the hills,
This year it’s been cancelled due to all the Bush fires,
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby johnsmith » 13 Feb 2020, 21:14

i suspect dons festival is going to be a washout .. it poured down all bloody day today, didn't ease up at all for even 10 minutes.

I wasn't a very happy camper having to work in the pouring rain. I Spent all day soaked from head to toes and everything inbetween.
I've gotta find a new job... this one sucks :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby Lols » 13 Feb 2020, 22:15

Oh no John, I don’t envy that!
“It’s phenominal the amount of rain we have been smashed with”
Is what my daughter said the weatherman described it as.
She went to go to dance tonight, and said had to take a detour road was closed due to land slip.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby johnsmith » 13 Feb 2020, 22:30

Lols wrote:Oh no John, I don’t envy that!
“It’s phenominal the amount of rain we have been smashed with”
Is what my daughter said the weatherman described it as.
She went to go to dance tonight, and said had to take a detour road was closed due to land slip.



the M1 was partially closed due to a landslide
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Is the corona-virus really "an epidemic"?

Postby pinkeye » 15 Feb 2020, 01:58

great about the rain :bgrin

but I think Corvid-19 , as it is now called really is not containable. It will continue to spread..

did someone say only ethnic Chinese people have died.?
I doubt that is true.

We have a lot more time to find out some real facts... whether u or I hear them, is another thing altogether.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron