Special Feature: Dr Turncoat and the wrong NBN prescription

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Special Feature: Dr Turncoat and the wrong NBN prescript

Postby MilesAway » 02 Nov 2017, 16:24

Aussie wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I am thinking hard about the coming summer. Is going to be a hot one and the electricity generation/transmission will not be able to keep up. If we had ubiquitous FTTH and smart metres load sharing could be done in a sophiosticated way, But we don’t have FTTH so blackouts will happen.

I am going to buy a 2 panel solar system/car battery turned power pack/30L car fridge to keep food good, shade cloth along the north-facing back verandah to keep the house a bit cool.

Can”t wait to get to Tassie: heat wave, all of 32°C!

I'm no fan of Summer. Who is? Way too hot.

Put the fan on and have a beer... maybe wet a towel or even take your shirt or even underwear off and freeball it- what's so hard about that?

:huh :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :B
MilesAway
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby MilesAway » 02 Nov 2017, 16:30

davo wrote:Good forum Aussie mostly honest responses if you do post porkies you will be held to account,

We're all nerds!

It's Internet nerds on the Internet speaking anonymously: there is certainly a type of pride at stake!

Compare it to graffiti if it helps!

:huh
MilesAway
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 16:47

I am worried about my 94yo mother and blackouts.

So use the mechanics pit in the shed to keep some things cool, small solar system powering 30L fridge to keep milk etc good. Am emptying out a freezer and putting in 2L bottles of water to freeze, keep the food in the main fridge OK if the blackout is under 24 hours.

Our privatised generators and the transmission network are crap! When the load hits them they will not be able to cope!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Politics