Dear God, 17 dead!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby johnsmith » 01 Mar 2018, 11:38

Vulcan wrote:Can tell from Trumps body language and presentation that to arm Teachers with Guns - was not his idea. He didn't have one (answer) of his own, but he just used his 'advisors from the Military & Police side of things to give him an answer: More Guns!


I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion. Trump often makes comments just for the sound byte value, with little to no thought into the processes. The idiot still has no idea how government in the USA works. Sure, as he is incapable of independent thought so I'm sure you are correct when you say he heard someone else say it first, but the decision to announce it as a solution I think would be all his idea.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Mar 2018, 11:40

“More guns” is a diseased reflex in (some) Americans’ minds.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 44916
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby pinkeye » 01 Mar 2018, 23:16

HBS Guy wrote:“More guns” is a diseased reflex in (some) Americans’ minds.


perhaps times are changing.?
NRA is now on the nose .

perhaps Trump see's the next election in the bag.
Won't lots of the kids now protesting be eligible to vote next time round.?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Mar 2018, 05:29

Gun owners’ minds won’t change but they are not the majority.

Something has been achieved: lots of big businesses boycotting the NRA.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 44916
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Mar 2018, 08:13

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/sammy-j/LE1706V004S00#pageloaded

Dunno if this works—Adobe Flash is blocked on this computer.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 44916
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Mar 2018, 08:46

In an extraordinary development just a day or two before the 2018 Tasmanian state election, the Liberals’ policy to water down Tasmanian gun laws has surfaced. The policy had only been provided to a select group of firearm owners within Tasmania in early February and has been hidden from the wider public. There has been no previous debate about firearms in the course of this election. It is likely that at the very time the Liberal party planned to release the policy, the Florida school shooting occurred.


https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/02/tasmanians-should-show-liberals-gun-control-and-votes-dont-mix

Don’t fuck with gun laws!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 44916
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby pinkeye » 05 Mar 2018, 00:05

HBS Guy wrote:
In an extraordinary development just a day or two before the 2018 Tasmanian state election, the Liberals’ policy to water down Tasmanian gun laws has surfaced. The policy had only been provided to a select group of firearm owners within Tasmania in early February and has been hidden from the wider public. There has been no previous debate about firearms in the course of this election. It is likely that at the very time the Liberal party planned to release the policy, the Florida school shooting occurred.


https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/02/tasmanians-should-show-liberals-gun-control-and-votes-dont-mix

Don’t fuck with gun laws!


It shows just how ethically and morally bankrupt most Libs are. They've used up all their good .. and they believe.... It's their right.. don't you know?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby mothra » 14 Mar 2018, 19:16

Republican candidate calls Parkland survivor Emma González a "skinhead lesbian"

Image

He also stated that González didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

A Republican candidate has deleted his Twitter account following a hateful tirade aimed at Parkland survivor and gun control activist Emma González.

Leslie Gibson, who is running unopposed in Maine, tweeted: “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat,” according to the Portland Press Herald. A 'moonbat' is a derogatory term used to describe someone with extreme left-wing political views.

He continued, saying that González, who is openly bisexual, didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

Gibson later apologised to the student, writing: “I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you."

“It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you," he said, adding: “I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”

Explaining his passion for guns, Gibson pointed to his time in the military, saying he swore an oath “to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States".

“Because of this,” he said, “I am very passionate about protecting our constitutional rights from those who seek their elimination."

“It was not appropriate to single out the Parkland students, but I stand firm in my defence of our constitutional rights.”

Pat Fogg, a Democratic organiser in Maine, said he hoped an alternative candidate would step up to challenge Gibson for the seat.

“I wish I knew someone who could get into this race,” said Fogg. “[But] that sort of stupidity really turns people off.”


https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexuality/agenda/article/2018/03/14/republican-candidate-calls-parkland-survivor-emma-gonzalez-skinhead-lesbian
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby Gordy » 14 Mar 2018, 20:19

mothra wrote:Republican candidate calls Parkland survivor Emma González a "skinhead lesbian"

Image

He also stated that González didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

A Republican candidate has deleted his Twitter account following a hateful tirade aimed at Parkland survivor and gun control activist Emma González.

Leslie Gibson, who is running unopposed in Maine, tweeted: “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat,” according to the Portland Press Herald. A 'moonbat' is a derogatory term used to describe someone with extreme left-wing political views.

He continued, saying that González, who is openly bisexual, didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

Gibson later apologised to the student, writing: “I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you."

“It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you," he said, adding: “I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”

Explaining his passion for guns, Gibson pointed to his time in the military, saying he swore an oath “to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States".

“Because of this,” he said, “I am very passionate about protecting our constitutional rights from those who seek their elimination."

“It was not appropriate to single out the Parkland students, but I stand firm in my defence of our constitutional rights.”

Pat Fogg, a Democratic organiser in Maine, said he hoped an alternative candidate would step up to challenge Gibson for the seat.

“I wish I knew someone who could get into this race,” said Fogg. “[But] that sort of stupidity really turns people off.”


https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexuality/agenda/article/2018/03/14/republican-candidate-calls-parkland-survivor-emma-gonzalez-skinhead-lesbian


Is his career over? It should be for no other reason of being a man with a gurls name ;)
Gordy
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 26 Feb 2018, 11:37
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby pinkeye » 15 Mar 2018, 01:44

Gordy wrote:
mothra wrote:Republican candidate calls Parkland survivor Emma González a "skinhead lesbian"

Image

He also stated that González didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

A Republican candidate has deleted his Twitter account following a hateful tirade aimed at Parkland survivor and gun control activist Emma González.

Leslie Gibson, who is running unopposed in Maine, tweeted: “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat,” according to the Portland Press Herald. A 'moonbat' is a derogatory term used to describe someone with extreme left-wing political views.

He continued, saying that González, who is openly bisexual, didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

Gibson later apologised to the student, writing: “I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you."

“It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you," he said, adding: “I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”

Explaining his passion for guns, Gibson pointed to his time in the military, saying he swore an oath “to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States".

“Because of this,” he said, “I am very passionate about protecting our constitutional rights from those who seek their elimination."

“It was not appropriate to single out the Parkland students, but I stand firm in my defence of our constitutional rights.”

Pat Fogg, a Democratic organiser in Maine, said he hoped an alternative candidate would step up to challenge Gibson for the seat.

“I wish I knew someone who could get into this race,” said Fogg. “[But] that sort of stupidity really turns people off.”


https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexuality/agenda/article/2018/03/14/republican-candidate-calls-parkland-survivor-emma-gonzalez-skinhead-lesbian


Is his career over? It should be for no other reason of being a man with a gurls name ;)



just shows how uneducated you are Gordy. Leslie is the MALE spelling of the name. DOH. :smack :smack
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Mar 2018, 05:19

There was a Saintly guy called Leslie Charteris, for example.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 44916
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby Gordy » 15 Mar 2018, 09:50

pinkeye wrote:
Gordy wrote:
mothra wrote:Republican candidate calls Parkland survivor Emma González a "skinhead lesbian"

Image

He also stated that González didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

A Republican candidate has deleted his Twitter account following a hateful tirade aimed at Parkland survivor and gun control activist Emma González.

Leslie Gibson, who is running unopposed in Maine, tweeted: “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat,” according to the Portland Press Herald. A 'moonbat' is a derogatory term used to describe someone with extreme left-wing political views.

He continued, saying that González, who is openly bisexual, didn't count as a survivor because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when the shooting took place.

Gibson later apologised to the student, writing: “I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you."

“It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you," he said, adding: “I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”

Explaining his passion for guns, Gibson pointed to his time in the military, saying he swore an oath “to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States".

“Because of this,” he said, “I am very passionate about protecting our constitutional rights from those who seek their elimination."

“It was not appropriate to single out the Parkland students, but I stand firm in my defence of our constitutional rights.”

Pat Fogg, a Democratic organiser in Maine, said he hoped an alternative candidate would step up to challenge Gibson for the seat.

“I wish I knew someone who could get into this race,” said Fogg. “[But] that sort of stupidity really turns people off.”


https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexuality/agenda/article/2018/03/14/republican-candidate-calls-parkland-survivor-emma-gonzalez-skinhead-lesbian


Is his career over? It should be for no other reason of being a man with a gurls name ;)



just shows how uneducated you are Gordy. Leslie is the MALE spelling of the name. DOH. :smack :smack


Do a google image search on Leslie, you get a whole page of gurls :) :)
Gordy
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 26 Feb 2018, 11:37
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron