Kim Jong Aun/DonaldTrump

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Kim Jong Aun/DonaldTrump

Postby pinkeye » 10 Mar 2018, 02:07

Well isn't this an interesting turnaround.

Two pyscho National Leaders recognise in each other a brother.!!

:bgrin :purple

I can't wait till they meet. :roll

No seriously tho... I think Mr KIM is fighting for his life.

His people are starving, and if he doesn't give them some hope soon, they will EAT HIM.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: Kim Jong Aun/DonaldTrump

Postby johnsmith » 10 Mar 2018, 08:50

dictator meets dickhead

not such a big deal. the only reason everyone is surprised is cause it's trump.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Mar 2018, 19:43

johnsmith wrote:dictator meets dickhead

Who is the craziest.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 10 Mar 2018, 20:36

pinkeye wrote:

Who is the craziest.?

they're six of one, half a dozen of the other
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Mar 2018, 23:44

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Who is the craziest.?

they're six of one, half a dozen of the other

so.. they're bound to get on like a house on fire.

Hmmm where that old saying come from?

Get on like a house on fire.?? Oh I think I remember... it means they'll be great friends.

sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby mothra » 11 Mar 2018, 11:09

Trump meeting Kim Jong-un is a half-baked idea – and a dangerous one

The president is more likely to spill his guts about classified intelligence than to get the upper hand with any kind of meaningful deal

One is an egomaniacally unhinged, nuclear-armed neophyte, who scares his allies and enemies alike. So is the other.

The extraordinary prospect of direct talks between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un would be a delicious moment of karma among kooky world leaders. If it weren’t for their ability to destroy half the planet.

They say we get the leaders we deserve, and these two leaders surely deserve one another. But does the world really deserve its fate to be settled by two Little Rocket Men?

Let’s size up this epic summit, shall we?

The North Korean dictator has already achieved most of what his Stalinist regime has long desired: to be seen as an equal of the almighty United States of America. By sitting opposite Trump, Kim need concede nothing to still come out as a winner.

Trump, on the other hand, is trying to cast himself as Ronald Reagan at Reykjavik, as he continues in his quixotic effort to turn back the clock to the 1980s, when people seemed to admire his whole gold-plated style a little more.

Of course, Kim is no Mikhail Gorbachev and Reykjavik ended in failure. But apart from that, the model is totally worth emulating.

One thing is already clear about this half-baked idea: Trump is more likely to spill his guts about classified intelligence than he is to get the upper hand with any kind of meaningful deal.

We have some recent history to underscore that point. It was only on Saturday that our dear leader spilled his guts about this North Korean deal at the Gridiron dinner.

At one point, the commander-in-chief drifted off script to ramble something incoherent about the North Koreans.

“It was headed for disaster and now we’re talking,” he told the white-tie crowd. “They, by the way, called up a couple of days ago; they said, ‘We would like to talk,’” Trump said. “And I said, ‘So would we, but you have to denuke.’”

In case we didn’t get the news, he continued: “I would not rule out direct talks with Kim Jong-un,” he said. “I just won’t. As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that’s his problem, not mine.”

Some people thought he was joking: others were just plain confused. South Korean officials later pointed out that Trump had not talked to the North Koreans, but instead had talked to them. So foreign policy experts naturally assumed that Trump had confused the two Koreas.

Not quite. He just confused the Gridiron dinner for the Oval Office. An easy mistake for someone who asks his paying guests at Mar-a-Lago what he should do about gun control.

Spilling secrets is something Trump just can’t stop doing. He helpfully tipped off the Russian ambassador to some top secret intel about Islamic State when he stopped by for a visit last year, as all good handlers like to do when they want to check on their assets.

And he was at it again yesterday, popping his head into the briefing room to tell reporters about the North Korean news ahead of the announcement by South Korean officials an hour later.

“Hopefully, you will give me credit,” he told an ABC News correspondent, his focus remaining firmly on his top priority: inflating his own ego.

Needless to say, Trump is very pleased with this state of affairs. “Kim Jong-un talked about denuclearization with the South Korean representatives, not just a freeze,” he tweeted. “Also, no missile testing by North Korea during this period of time. Great progress being made but sanctions will remain until an agreement is reached.”

This Donald Trump is no relation whatsoever to the Donald Trump who was president of the US last year.

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man,” he tweeted just four long months ago. Tillerson is clearly wasting his time trying to negotiate with his boss.

Trump also has no connection whatsoever with the man known as @realdonaldtrump who tweeted this in September: “After allowing North Korea to research and build Nukes while Secretary of State (Bill C also), Crooked Hillary now criticizes.”

They say there’s a tweet for everything. But you usually have to go a little further back in Trump’s timeline to find something that totally undercuts himself.

For those new to the North Korean brief, including those in the West Wing, it’s worth pointing out that the North Korean deal during the Clinton years was supposed to halt nuclearization. Then it turned out Pyongyang had a secret nuclear program.

Then it was the Bush administration that thought it had negotiated a breakthrough, alongside four other nations including Russia and China. That deal lasted right up until the old “trust but verify” issue of inspections in 2009.

Bush’s national security adviser, Steve Hadley, liked to say there was a good reason why you didn’t stage a presidential meeting unless you had already achieved something in the pre-meeting discussions. In addition to wasting the president’s time, a premature presidential meeting would surrender any incentive for concessions.

It’s like a diplomatic version of the Art of the Deal, but with war and peace in place of luxury condominiums.

This may not be the best time for our newly dove-like Trump to change national security advisers. The biggest hawk against North Korea – and the most vocal skeptic about direct talks – is one John Bolton, Bush’s former ambassador to the United Nations and a Fox News favorite. Bolton is now tipped to take over from the yet-to-quit HR McMaster as Trump’s next national security adviser.

Some people have called Bolton a “warmongering lunatic”, but that is obviously unkind to lunatics.

He once said it wouldn’t make any difference if you lost the top 10 storeys of the UN’s headquarters. But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be diplomatic at the UN. It just means he didn’t want to.

There was a time when an idealistic new president campaigned against the establishment, promised to talk to America’s adversaries, like the mullahs in Iran and the communists in Cuba. For years the Republicans ran the emotional gamut from disdain to disgust at his weak foreign policy. But that president’s name was Barack Obama, and we all know what the world thought of him.

Now we have a president in the pocket of Vladimir Putin, who is also busting sanctions to help Kim Jong-un. So this summit is less a meeting of adversaries and more a get-together of subsidiaries.

Nationalists of the World, unite! You have nothing to lose but your shame.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/09/trump-meeting-kim-jong-un-is-a-half-baked-idea-and-a-dangerous-one?CMP=soc_567
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 11 Mar 2018, 11:16

:hlo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 11 Mar 2018, 11:20

johnsmith wrote::hlo

Aye.
mothra
Duck

Postby Vulcan » 11 Mar 2018, 13:26

[quote="pinkeye"]Well isn't this an interesting turnaround.

Two pyscho National Leaders recognise in each other a brother.!!

:bgrin :purple

I can't wait till they meet. :roll

No seriously tho... I think Mr KIM is fighting for his life.

His people are starving, and if he doesn't give them some hope soon, they will EAT HIM.![/quote]
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 11 Mar 2018, 14:54

pinkeye wrote:His people are starving, and if he doesn't give them some hope soon, they will EAT HIM.!

nothing new there ... they've been starving for decades. Defectors have been saying for years that many people have no choice but to boil grass from their lawns and eat it or die of starvation
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 11 Mar 2018, 22:50

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:His people are starving, and if he doesn't give them some hope soon, they will EAT HIM.!

nothing new there ... they've been starving for decades. Defectors have been saying for years that many people have no choice but to boil grass from their lawns and eat it or die of starvation

But HOW LONG can a people live on starvation rations? Don't discount the people here. They are just like you and me. Human beings.
The sanctions are hurting the North Korean people hard, and Mr Kim MUST DO SOMETHING.

He has. Now he'll seek aid for the people.
I am afraid that the only way to unseat Mr Kim is for the Nth Korean people to overcome their years of brainwashing and extreme hardship and overthrow the regime.
They are so weak tho, it will be a massacre. But I wonder what leader wants to lead a country with no people left alive.? No-one to adore him.?

Frankly, I can't see any other way. The people must speak.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 12 Mar 2018, 08:00

pinkeye wrote:But HOW LONG can a people live on starvation rations?

for as long as they fear for their lives and that of their families.

I agree, there is no other way. But it isn't going to happen anytime soon.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 14 Mar 2018, 01:05

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:But HOW LONG can a people live on starvation rations?

for as long as they fear for their lives and that of their families.

I agree, there is no other way. But it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Not if Mr Kim wins aid. He obviously won't frame it in those terms, for local consumption.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 05 Apr 2018, 13:38

i wonder if Kim has ever had the same reaction as trump gets

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove/videos/2413184262102596/
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Dax » 05 Apr 2018, 19:03

Maybe the reason Kim has suddenly turned nice could be, he now sees himself as a world leader of a nuclear country and the means to deliver them almost anywhere. For deranged egotistical despots, seeing themselves in that light, means more than the enslaved groveling of his countrymen and women. Now he thinks he can relax, be a bit more friendly and regrow the countries economy, with some pretty tough negotiating credentials now. If that's his plan, it's pretty well thought out and implemented. He freaked the world out with his threats and missile tests, no bluff there, just a planned well executed statement. Pretty good way to see how the opposition react in certain circumstances, then plan round that to gain advantages.

On the other hand he could be out of control mentally, although probably not much more than any other leader on the planet. When you look at his physique, he looks like one of those people with a kidney or bowel disease, bloated guts to bursting point.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 05 Apr 2018, 19:49

Dax wrote:Maybe the reason Kim has suddenly turned nice could be, he now sees himself as a world leader of a nuclear country and the means to deliver them almost anywhere. For deranged egotistical despots, seeing themselves in that light, means more than the enslaved groveling of his countrymen and women. Now he thinks he can relax, be a bit more friendly and regrow the countries economy, with some pretty tough negotiating credentials now. If that's his plan, it's pretty well thought out and implemented. He freaked the world out with his threats and missile tests, no bluff there, just a planned well executed statement. Pretty good way to see how the opposition react in certain circumstances, then plan round that to gain advantages.

On the other hand he could be out of control mentally, although probably not much more than any other leader on the planet. When you look at his physique, he looks like one of those people with a kidney or bowel disease, bloated guts to bursting point.

kim is doing what kim always does. It's the idiot trump who was escalating things.

Kim occasionally makes a little noise and a few threatening gestures and in return the west makes concessions on some of the embargoes or offers him money. Everyone usually knows what is happening and how it will end well in advance. The problem this time is that trump is so insecure he had to show his dick was bigger, of coursem kim can't handle that os he was forced to retaliate in kind. I'm just glad someone was able to take trump and calm him down before he could escalate further
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 05 Apr 2018, 21:23

johnsmith wrote:i wonder if Kim has ever had the same reaction as trump gets

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove/videos/2413184262102596/

Oh that's gold!

Wonder if that kid's parents are in Gitmo as i type.
mothra
Duck

Return to Politics