The attack on the Donalds Wall heats up!!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The attack on the Donalds Wall heats up!!

Postby Dax » 11 Jan 2019, 09:02

Why not remove all pharmaceutical drugs, they kill millions each year and in our country tens of thousands. In the USA, the kill rate for prescription drugs has gone through the roof and the majority are medicated on opioids and other mind altering drugs.
Dax
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 09:06

Dax wrote:Why not remove all pharmaceutical drugs, they kill millions each year and in our country tens of thousands. In the USA, the kill rate for prescription drugs has gone through the roof and the majority are medicated on opioids and other mind altering drugs.

Indeed.

Blaming all crime and deaths on a few criminals who cross borders illegally is really quite silly.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 11 Jan 2019, 09:52

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Why not remove all pharmaceutical drugs, they kill millions each year and in our country tens of thousands. In the USA, the kill rate for prescription drugs has gone through the roof and the majority are medicated on opioids and other mind altering drugs.

Indeed.

Blaming all crime and deaths on a few criminals who cross borders illegally is really quite silly.

He conveniently forgets the 100000 killed or injured by guns each year in the USA, which relates to 270 injured and 87 killed each day. Then he moans about a young woman and cop being killed by an immigrant, yet conveniently dismisses the 10000 children slaughtered by his guns each year in Yankee land and tens of thousand of kids injured by guns, lots of those are cops shootings.

By the way official statistics in the USA, don't count gun accidents killing or injuring kids and adults in the stats, so you can add many thousand more to the number daily.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 09:53

"If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it. Go over it. Go around it. But get to the other side of the wall."
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 09:59

greggerypeccary wrote:"If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it. Go over it. Go around it. But get to the other side of the wall."

Oops, I forgot to include the name of the person who said that.

"If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it. Go over it. Go around it. But get to the other side of the wall."

- Donald J. Trump
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 10:07

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Indeed.

He conveniently forgets the 100000 killed or injured by guns each year in the USA, which relates to 270 injured and 87 killed each day. Then he moans about a young woman and cop being killed by an immigrant, yet conveniently dismisses the 10000 children slaughtered by his guns each year in Yankee land and tens of thousand of kids injured by guns, lots of those are cops shootings.

By the way official statistics in the USA, don't count gun accidents killing or injuring kids and adults in the stats, so you can add many thousand more to the number daily.

It's terrible that he knows people who have been killed, and he has my sincerest sympathy (as do the families).

However, to label it as an immigration problem is really silly.

It's a crime problem.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 10:20

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 10:49

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:The FACT is that among the illegals are murderers, rapists, and tens of thousands of criminals.

Any many of them arrived at airports, nowhere near the southern border wall.

Moreover, the statistics used by Trump, regarding criminals crossing the border, are complete lies.

You don't want to hear that though, do you?

I assumed he got the stats from members of his administration.

Whether they are right or not doesn't matter because the numbers simply don't matter. We KNOW, whether the numbers are correct or not, that criminals DO cross our border, and they DO murder, rape, traffic drugs, and commit other crimes.

Call me crazy, but the death of one innocent American daughter is not worth 25 million "good" illegals.

Ask her parents if this trade-off is worth it.

Tell me Greg ... Would you sacrifice your daughter in exchange for 25 million illegal, but otherwise peaceful, immigrants?

Legal immigrants commit crimes too.

The ones who come by plane, from places other than Mexico.

Do you want to stop all legal immigration?

I take it from your non-answer to my question that the answer is "No". You wouldn't sacrifice YOUR daughter, but as long as it's someone ELSE'S daughter ...

At least with legal immigration we can vet them first. You can't do that with an illegal.

Vet them as much as you like, but if they have no previous criminal convictions they're gonna be let in.

What stops them from becoming a criminal once they've entered the US?

People aren't born criminals, you know.

There's always that first crime.

You still seem to be stuck on the idea that "all crims are illegal immigrants and all illegal immigrants are crims".

That couldn't be further from the truth.

OK, you guys ...

Let me try to spell this out for you again.

I am not against LEGAL immigration. My country accepts about 1,000,000 LEGAL immigrants every year.

I believe the vast majority of LEGAL immigrants make good citizens. VERY good citizens, as a matter of fact.

Furthermore ...

I do not believe all illegal immigrants are criminals. I understand that a great many of them live peaceably here. I know this. I have ALREADY said this, but, as part of a comprehensive solution, I would be willing to have the illegals who are already here self-report without fear of deportation. They would be background checked and fully documented. They would not be made automatic citizens, but they would be given legal status.

I believe that non-citizens, legal or illegal, should be deported from the U.S. if they commit crimes in the U.S. There should be no "sanctuary" cities or states.

Is that simple enough for you guys? Or do you need me to show you a picture message and send you a coloring book?

All I want is controlled, legal immigration, and I want a stop to illegal immigration.

Among those illegal immigrants are all manner of undesirables, and we not only have a right to keep them out, but a duty to our own citizens to keep them out. We cannot do that with 2000 miles of unprotected frontier between the U.S. and Mexico.

And finally, a physical barrier is a PART of the solution, not THE solution. But other important parts of the overall solution will be undermined by an open, insecure border.

Now, if you STILL don't get it, then I don't know how to explain it to you.

Oh, one other thing ...

"Yeah, but Trump" is not a persuasive argument.

You didn't hear conservatives saying "Yeah, but Obama" when he sent a SEAL team into Pakistan to shoot Osama bin Laden in the face and dump his carcass in the ocean to become crab food, now did you?

The "Yeah, but Trump" crowd is forgetting that Trump, like all presidents, has a finite amount of time in office. And then there will be another president, and another, and another, and another.

But our nation lives beyond a president's term in office. It's strengths and its weaknesses live beyond a presidential term.

It's not about Trump.

I shouldn't have to tell you guys this.

Oh yeah, one more thing ...

I notice only Greggery apparently is ready to accept the NEXT 25 million Central Americans into Australia. (My interpretation, Greg. That's how it sounds to me.) None of the rest of you volunteered.

So get off your high horses and out of your ivory towers.

Don't make me use the "H word" again.

End of rant.

from your insane, deranged, elitist, racist, killer, ideologue, godnutter,

Seth
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 10:55

The "Yeah, but Trump" crowd is forgetting that Trump, like all presidents, has a finite amount of time in office. And then there will be another president, and another, and another, and another.

But our nation lives beyond a president's term in office. It's strengths and its weaknesses live beyond a presidential term.

It's not about Trump.

It is for me. He made the promises, not the donkeys. He keeps his promises, not the donkeys. Why was this not all done before the mid-terms? Was there something else he was doing apart from pissing off all the traditional friends and military allies of the US?
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 11:16

Aussie wrote:

It's not about Trump.

It is for me. He made the promises, not the donkeys. He keeps his promises, not the donkeys. Why was this not all done before the mid-terms? Was there something else he was doing apart from pissing off all the traditional friends and military allies of the US?

In March of 2017, Trump signed an Omnibus Spending Bill that really didn't change the status quo much other than an increase in Defense spending, which he wanted. But the bill didn't address immigration, and Trump warned the then Republican controlled Congress that he would not sign another bill like the one he just signed.

He did not know at that time that the next Congress would have a Democratic controlled House. He had gotten the tax reform that he wanted, and he got the increase in Defense spending that he wanted. I think he just planned on getting Immigration next time with a Republican controlled Congress.

It was a miscalculation on his part.

You're right that he keeps his promises. But then, he's not really a politician.

Deranged, etc, etc, Seth

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 11:16

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

I am not against LEGAL immigration.

Why not?

Don't legal immigrants commit crimes in your country?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 11:26

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

We are a nation of immigrants, Greg. I am the descendant of immigrants.

We are less likely to be victimized and our economy overrun when we can have controlled, vetted immigration. Our government owes it to us to do this for us.

Right now, I honestly wish we would stop deporting the illegals to their home countries and, instead, we would deport them to Australia.

After all ... You guys think you are so high and mighty and pure, and you have all the answers.

So prove it.

Oh man! Wouldn't you love to have me as the U.S. president! I'd fly 'em all to Australia, and there wouldn't be a damn thing you guys could do to stop it.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 11:27

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

We are less likely to be victimized and our economy overrun when we can have controlled, vetted immigration. Our government owes it to us to do this for us.

Right now, I honestly wish we would stop deporting the illegals to their home countries and, instead, we would deport them to Australia.

After all ... You guys think you are so high and mighty and pure, and you have all the answers.

So prove it.

Oh man! Wouldn't you love to have me as the U.S. president! I'd fly 'em all to Australia, and there wouldn't be a damn thing you guys could do to stop it.

Just to clarify, do legal immigrants commit serious crimes in your country?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 11:33

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

So prove it.

Just to clarify, do legal immigrants commit serious crimes in your country?

I assume so. But I believe the incidence of crime committed by legal immigrants is low, very low. You can google as well as I can and search for information, but I believe I have read that.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 11:34

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

So prove it.

Greg is THE VERY DEFINITION OF UN-AUSTRALIAN! Don't paint us all with the same brush :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 11:36

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

So prove it.

Greg is THE VERY DEFINITION OF UN-AUSTRALIAN! Don't paint us all with the same brush :bgrin

OK, Bongalong. I won't do that. :buddy

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 11:37

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

So prove it.

What's the definition of Australian?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 11:39

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
OK, you guys ...

Why not?

So prove it.

What's the definition of Australian?

Not being greg! :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 11:40

Can you elaborate?

What qualities would I need to be a real Australian?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 12:03

Seth:

He keeps his promises, not the donkeys.

Meaning, it is for Donald to keep the promises Donald made, it is not for the Donkeys to keep the promises Donald made.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 12:13

greggerypeccary wrote:Can you elaborate?

No, I can't elaborate: being you is as the very definition of un-Australian!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 12:15

Bongalong wrote:

Okay then, what am I?

What makes me un-Australian?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 12:16

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Okay then, what am I?

You're a cunt!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 12:17

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Okay then, what am I?

You're a cunt!

Surely that makes me the quintessential Aussie.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 12:19

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Okay then, what am I?

You're a cunt!

Surely that makes me the quintessential Aussie.

Nah, it just makes you old cunt!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Politics