Something nice about Donald Trump

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jan 2019, 13:03

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Greg, I think you've been struck with TDS.

What can I say?

I just don't like lying, cheating con men who have no regard for the people they hurt.

You've had your say, and I've had mine. I would like to tweak the subject just a bit if I may.

What does it say when 60 million rank and file Republicans turn their collective backs on nice, safe, polite, articulate, Washington Establishment-approved Republicans like Jeb Bush, et al, and instead nominate Trump?

It says that Trump is a much better liar.

There you go - I said something nice about him, kind of.

Trump can out lie any politician.

I think it says that the electorate was sick and tired of nice, safe, do-nothing politicians, and they had a chance to tell 'em all to go to hell.

Yes, for sure.

And they believed Trump's lies and thought they'd give him a go.

Now you're all starting to pay the price.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 13:26

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

What can I say?

I just don't like lying, cheating con men who have no regard for the people they hurt.

You've had your say, and I've had mine. I would like to tweak the subject just a bit if I may.

What does it say when 60 million rank and file Republicans turn their collective backs on nice, safe, polite, articulate, Washington Establishment-approved Republicans like Jeb Bush, et al, and instead nominate Trump?

It says that Trump is a much better liar.

There you go - I said something nice about him, kind of.

Trump can out lie any politician.

I think it says that the electorate was sick and tired of nice, safe, do-nothing politicians, and they had a chance to tell 'em all to go to hell.

Yes, for sure.

And they believed Trump's lies and thought they'd give him a go.

Now you're all starting to pay the price.

We've pretty much got we asked for.

- A withdrawal from war and no new wars
- Lower taxes
- New trade deals
- A president who is trying for better border security
- And independence from the Party and Media masters

Sure he's flawed.

But I'll take it over all the other do-nothings on the Republican side and the utterly contemptible Hillary.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jan 2019, 13:31

SethBullock wrote:
- A withdrawal from war and no new wars You can't count "no new wars". :bgrin
- Lower taxes "Everybody is getting a tax cut, especially the middle class." - is that what's happened?
- New trade deals New doesn't necessarily mean good.
- A president who is trying for better border security No, he's not. :bgrin
- And independence from the Party and Media masters What about independence from Putin?

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Tally » 17 Jan 2019, 13:57

Before I say this, let me start by saying I thought Obama was one of the best people to have been a US president in a long long time.
He was a good president, but not fantastic but I think that's more to do with the reality of being a US president in this era and the mess he inherited.

Trump is a horrible person, but I also think Bill Clinton and Hillary are equally vile, but they are polished and shined and packaged to be palatable but I think that veneer is thin.

Maybe keeping up a pretense of how to act in a civil society makes the Clintons better people, or maybe Trump showing his true character warts and all makes him the better.

Swings and roundabouts?
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 14:01

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
- A withdrawal from war and no new wars You can't count "no new wars". :bgrin

The hell I can't!

- Lower taxes "Everybody is getting a tax cut, especially the middle class." - is that what's happened?

Yes. Tax rates are lower for the middle class.

- New trade deals New doesn't necessarily mean good.

We'll see. Our trade balance to the negative is horrendous. It's a work in progress.

- A president who is trying for better border security No, he's not. :bgrin

Lol

- And independence from the Party and Media masters What about independence from Putin?

Are you referring to the couple hundred Russians we killed recently in Syria or the arms we gave to Ukraine? That independence from Putin?

The artillery barrage was so intense that the US commandos dived into foxholes for protection, emerging covered in flying dirt and debris to fire back at a column of tanks advancing under the heavy shelling. It was the opening salvo in a nearly four-hour assault in February by around 500 pro-Syrian government forces – including Russian mercenaries – that threatened to inflame already simmering tensions between Washington and Moscow.

In the end, 200 to 300 of the attacking fighters were killed. The others retreated under merciless air strikes from the US, returning later to retrieve their battlefield dead. None of the Americans at the small outpost in eastern Syria – about 40 by the end of the firefight – were harmed.

The details of the 7 February firefight were gleaned from interviews and documents newly obtained by The New York Times. They provide the Pentagon’s first public on-the-ground accounting of one of the single bloodiest battles the US military has faced in Syria since deploying to fight the Isis....

... The documents described the fighters as a “pro-regime force,” loyal to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. It included some Syrian government soldiers and militias, but US military and intelligence officials have said a majority were private Russian paramilitary mercenaries – and most likely a part of the Wagner Group, a company often used by the Kremlin to carry out objectives that officials do not want to be connected to the Russian government.

“The Russian high command in Syria assured us it was not their people,” defence secretary Jim Mattis told senators in testimony last month. He said he directed Gen Joseph F Dunford Jr, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, “for the force, then, to be annihilated.”

“And it was.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 70781.html

Oh, you mean that independence from Putin. :bgrin

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 14:21

Tally wrote:Before I say this, let me start by saying I thought Obama was one of the best people to have been a US president in a long long time.
He was a good president, but not fantastic but I think that's more to do with the reality of being a US president in this era and the mess he inherited.

Trump is a horrible person, but I also think Bill Clinton and Hillary are equally vile, but they are polished and shined and packaged to be palatable but I think that veneer is thin.

Maybe keeping up a pretense of how to act in a civil society makes the Clintons better people, or maybe Trump showing his true character warts and all makes him the better.

Swings and roundabouts?

Tally, you're right. Trump has definitely got his warts. And yet the Clintons are sneaky and vile. Obama, I believe, wasn't all bad, but he did some terrible things that I've already described. He was far from "Saint Obama". Far from it.

I wish Trump was more polite and tactful, but he isn't. So I have to rate him on what he does or tries to do. On that score I'm fairly satisfied. I have some differences with him on taxes, but I'm about 90% satisfied with what he's actually doing.

I am well aware that ALL presidents are temporary, and Trump is no different. His time has come, and it will go. What really matters to me is not his personality or personal faults, but what he actually does.

It's sort of disappointing to me that sooooo many people obsess over his personality, and are completely unable to impartially look at issues and dispassionately rate him on what he does. His personality colors everything. That is his fault, but it is also a shared fault by those who cannot think beyond it.

Seth

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 17 Jan 2019, 16:19

Ah!!!! When you have a difficulty dealing with valid criticisms of Trump, just like Trump himself would, invent a name, make it sound like some sort of recognised social disease, and use it cynically in a silly attempt to deflect the valid criticism.

Nah. Doesn't work.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Aussie » 17 Jan 2019, 16:26

It's sort of disappointing to me that sooooo many people obsess over his personality, and are completely unable to impartially look at issues and dispassionately rate him on what he does. His personality colors everything. That is his fault, but it is also a shared fault by those who cannot think beyond it.

Seth, you are overlooking that these criticisms are being made by Australians here, and not one of us is directly affected by what Trump does domestically. But.....I am "shit scared" that such a grub of a shallow person, an absolute arsehole, who has such high regard for himself, and little regard (especially the historical mates and military allies of the USA) for anyone outside the USA has access to Armageddon. Get rid of that retard, please. A Republican drover's dog will do.
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 16:52

Aussie wrote:

Ah!!!! When you have a difficulty dealing with valid criticisms of Trump, just like Trump himself would, invent a name, make it sound like some sort of recognised social disease, and use it cynically in a silly attempt to deflect the valid criticism.

Nah. Doesn't work.

People on this board call him all kinds of names, but they can't take it? I can't do it back?

Well to hell with that.

Let me tell you ALL something. Whether I like him on a personal level or not is irrelevant. When you self-righteous ivory tower people call the president of my country all kinds of names, I don't like it. I wouldn't like it if it were Obama either if you calling him names and insulting him.

So buck up, boys, and put on your man pants.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jan 2019, 16:54

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nah. Doesn't work.

People on this board call him all kinds of names, but they can't take it? I can't do it back?

Well to hell with that.

Let me tell you ALL something. Whether I like him on a personal level or not is irrelevant. When you self-righteous ivory tower people call the president of my country all kinds of names, I don't like it. I wouldn't like it if it were Obama either you calling names and insulting.

Do you like it when your President mocks the disabled?

What an absolute pig of a "man".
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 16:57

Aussie wrote:

Seth, you are overlooking that these criticisms are being made by Australians here, and not one of us is directly affected by what Trump does domestically. But.....I am "shit scared" that such a grub of a shallow person, an absolute arsehole, who has such high regard for himself, and little regard (especially the historical mates and military allies of the USA) for anyone outside the USA has access to Armageddon. Get rid of that retard, please. A Republican drover's dog will do.

OMG, Aussie. If you're worried about Armageddon, be thankful Hillary wasn't elected. She was completely irresponsible and dangerous with military force. She was a nutcase who was going to start a war with Russia over some godforsaken irrelevant little middle eastern country. I can't tell you how happy I am that our military isn't taking orders from that lunatic.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 17 Jan 2019, 17:30

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nah. Doesn't work.

Well to hell with that.

Let me tell you ALL something. Whether I like him on a personal level or not is irrelevant. When you self-righteous ivory tower people call the president of my country all kinds of names, I don't like it. I wouldn't like it if it were Obama either you calling names and insulting.

He wasn't mocking the disabled. He was using arm flailing and faces that he's used multiple times before when mocking people who criticize him. The reporter in question does not flail so he wasn't imitating him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDoof0PrHWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20KAquo3BxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwC63Fuh4wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQq50JWsmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsaB3ynIZH4

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 17 Jan 2019, 17:57

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

OMG, Aussie. If you're worried about Armageddon, be thankful Hillary wasn't elected. She was completely irresponsible and dangerous with military force. She was a nutcase who was going to start a war with Russia over some godforsaken irrelevant little middle eastern country. I can't tell you how happy I am that our military isn't taking orders from that lunatic.

Your default position is always Hillary as though it is an impregnable force field against any appropriate criticism of Donald. It is not. Should we say you suffer from HDS? I did NOT want her to be POTUS. I am appalled that the best the US can offer the Planet is Hillary or Donald. Take a drover's dog please. Vote for him.
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jan 2019, 18:15

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nah. Doesn't work.

Well to hell with that.

He wasn't mocking the disabled.

Sorry, Seth.

You lost all credibility right there.

Trump was mocking that disabled reporter - there is absolutely no doubt about it whatsoever.

To try and defend him for it is just pitiful.

Very disappointed.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jan 2019, 18:16

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
It's sort of disappointing to me that sooooo many people obsess over his personality, and are completely unable to impartially look at
OMG, Aussie. If you're worried about Armageddon, be thankful Hillary wasn't elected.

And there it is, once again:

"At least he's not as bad as Hillary".

:roll
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Sprintcyclist » 17 Jan 2019, 23:34

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2019, 01:43

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Your default position is always Hillary as though it is an impregnable force field against any appropriate criticism of Donald. It is not. Should we say you suffer from HDS? I did NOT want her to be POTUS. I am appalled that the best the US can offer the Planet is Hillary or Donald. Take a drover's dog please. Vote for him.

I just don't think there is any evidence to support the idea that Trump is an unstable warmonger just waiting for his chance to push that button. He has not disappointed. Like I said before, if you don't like the man, fine. But that should not cloud one's thinking about issues and facts. It shouldn't, but it does.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2019, 01:47

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nah. Doesn't work.

Well to hell with that.

He wasn't mocking the disabled.

Sorry, Seth.

You lost all credibility right there.

Trump was mocking that disabled reporter - there is absolutely no doubt about it whatsoever.

To try and defend him for it is just pitiful.

Very disappointed.

Greg, if that instance was the only time he used those gestures, I would agree with you, but the evidence is that he has a habit of doing that.

There are other things he's said and done that were deliberate that I don't like, and I don't make excuses for.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 18 Jan 2019, 08:02

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2019, 12:18

greggerypeccary wrote:Image

Because ... because ... well ...

screenshot Hillary (2).png

screenshot 3 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 18 Jan 2019, 12:24

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Image

Because ... because ... well ...

screenshot Hillary (2).png

screenshot 3 (2).png

hahhahah.

Yes, because hillary lost
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 18 Jan 2019, 12:29

Impeach Donald Trump

On January 20, 2017, Donald Trump stood on the steps of the Capitol, raised his right hand, and solemnly swore to faithfully execute the office of president of the United States and, to the best of his ability, to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

He has not kept that promise.

Instead, he has mounted a concerted challenge to the separation of powers, to the rule of law, and to the civil liberties enshrined in our founding documents.

He has purposefully inflamed America’s divisions.

He has set himself against the American idea, the principle that all of us—of every race, gender, and creed—are created equal.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2019, 12:55

greggerypeccary wrote:Impeach Donald Trump

On January 20, 2017, Donald Trump stood on the steps of the Capitol, raised his right hand, and solemnly swore to faithfully execute the office of president of the United States and, to the best of his ability, to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Examples needed.

Instead, he has mounted a concerted challenge to the separation of powers, to the rule of law, and to the civil liberties enshrined in our founding documents.

The separation of powers remains, the rule of law is stronger than ever with 2 new constructionist justices on the SC, and our civil liberties have not been impeded in the slightest.

Translation: He speaks plainly, fulfills campaign promises, and above all, he does not subscribe to the progressive liberal agenda, nor does he cower before the liberal mainstream media. This is extremely inflammatory and unforgivable.

He has set himself against the American idea, the principle that all of us—of every race, gender, and creed—are created equal.

Again, examples needed.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 18 Jan 2019, 14:18

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Impeach Donald Trump

Examples needed.

The separation of powers remains, the rule of law is stronger than ever with 2 new constructionist justices on the SC, and our civil liberties have not been impeded in the slightest.

Translation: He speaks plainly, fulfills campaign promises, and above all, he does not subscribe to the progressive liberal agenda, nor does he cower before the liberal mainstream media. This is extremely inflammatory and unforgivable.

Again, examples needed.

the straight talking Seth reigns supreme
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 18 Jan 2019, 14:22

She is meant to work for Americans
She is employed by Americans.
The voters are her boss.

I see a LOT of votes being lost by the liberals over this.

pelosis arrogant attitude was one reason hillary lost.

the left are so removed from reality they cannot see any worth to a normal working man.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Politics