Something nice about Donald Trump

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 18 Jan 2019, 18:08

SethBullock wrote:I just don't think there is any evidence to support the idea that Trump is an unstable warmonger just waiting for his chance to push that button. He has not disappointed


the only reason he hasn't declared war on anyone yet is because deep down, the man is a coward.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9053
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2019, 23:25

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I just don't think there is any evidence to support the idea that Trump is an unstable warmonger just waiting for his chance to push that button. He has not disappointed


the only reason he hasn't declared war on anyone yet is because deep down, the man is a coward.


So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?

Kinda cracks me up ...

If he were to get us into another war, he'd be an irresponsible warmonger. And when he doesn't, he's a coward.

I'm curious, John ... Who do you want us to go to war with? You're a dad. How many Australian sons and daughters are YOU willing to give up for this war you want?
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 19 Jan 2019, 07:20

SethBullock wrote:So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?


no. What I'm saying is that you need a leader who knows when the stand firm, and when to try diplomacy .... the fat orange oompa loompa doesn't know when to do either.

The only time trump is likely to go to war is if it became a battle of ego's with some other crack pot dictator. In that case trumps ego would 'trump' all.... even his cowardice.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9053
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 19 Jan 2019, 07:23

SethBullock wrote:I'm curious, John ... Who do you want us to go to war with? You're a dad. How many Australian sons and daughters are YOU willing to give up for this war you want?


I don't particularly want you to go to war with anyone.
However claiming trump is some great saviour because he hasn't gone to war yet is misleading. I'm just explaining to you why he hasn't gone to war.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9053
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Texan » 19 Jan 2019, 08:29

How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.
Texan
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 13:38
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jan 2019, 08:59

Texan wrote:How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.


What's a Blue Star Parent?
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4284
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Dax » 19 Jan 2019, 09:41

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.


What's a Blue Star Parent?


Parents of those who were in a war zone, put a blue star on their USA flags an put them in the window of their houses, they also have gold stars which indicate a dead family member in a war zone. You see them everywhere as lots yanks fly a flag in their homes, it's common and a supposed indication of their patriotism.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jan 2019, 09:46

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.


What's a Blue Star Parent?


Parents of those who were in a war zone, put a blue star on their USA flags an put them in the window of their houses, they also have gold stars which indicate a dead family member in a war zone. You see them everywhere as lots yanks fly a flag in their homes, it's common and a supposed indication of their patriotism.


Oh, okay.

Not something I would do, but each to their own I suppose.

:?
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4284
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 19 Jan 2019, 11:53

Texan wrote:How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.


Four combat deployments for my son, a near-death battle casualty, and a Purple Heart. You're damn right. This is a BIG priority for me.

There is no greater issue than war and peace, and I am glad Trump is our president.

I read today that he's going to meet again with Kim Jong Un in February. Good on him!
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 19 Jan 2019, 11:55

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?


no. What I'm saying is that you need a leader who knows when the stand firm, and when to try diplomacy .... the fat orange oompa loompa doesn't know when to do either.


Like he did with Kim Jong Un, and like he's going to do again in February.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 19 Jan 2019, 12:08

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I'm curious, John ... Who do you want us to go to war with? You're a dad. How many Australian sons and daughters are YOU willing to give up for this war you want?


I don't particularly want you to go to war with anyone.


And Trump hasn't started any new wars, and he is getting us out of Syria and reducing our presence in Afghanistan. Time will tell whether he's successful or not, but he is TRYING to find a peaceful outcome with North Korea. Previous leaders started new wars for no good reason, and they did nothing about North Korea's growing nuclear threat. Nothing!

johnsmith wrote:However claiming trump is some great saviour because he hasn't gone to war yet is misleading. I'm just explaining to you why he hasn't gone to war.


Well, I think you're wrong. I think Trump's view on war is in conflict with Permanent Washington's view on war. To Permanent Washington a war is a political football to be used for political advantage. Period. End of story.

But to the heartland, wars kill and wound our kids. And for what?

Fuck Permanent Washington. Fuck THEM! I wholeheartedly support Trump's opposition to their hypocrisy. Worthless pieces of shit. To hell with them.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jan 2019, 14:59

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?


no. What I'm saying is that you need a leader who knows when the stand firm, and when to try diplomacy .... the fat orange oompa loompa doesn't know when to do either.


Like he did with Kim Jong Un, and like he's going to do again in February.


There was no problem with Kim.

Trump manufactured the crisis.

It's kind of his thing.

Well, that and sexual misconduct with women.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4284
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jan 2019, 15:03

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:How has Trump failed as a commander in chief? I’ve been very happy with his performance to date. As a Blue Star Parent, that’s one of my biggest priorities when voting for president.


Four combat deployments for my son, a near-death battle casualty, and a Purple Heart. You're damn right. This is a BIG priority for me.

There is no greater issue than war and peace, and I am glad Trump is our president.

I read today that he's going to meet again with Kim Jong Un in February. Good on him!


Yes.

He's going to meet with Kim in order to make Americans mistakenly think that the US is still under threat, when the fact of the matter is Kim is just sitting on the couch getting fatter. He's probably forgotten who Trump is by now.

When Trump returns he'll lie, as usual, and say that he stopped Kim from blowing up the world.

Typical dictator stuff.

Create a fake crisis then rush in and "save" the people from the apparent threat.

You'd have to be pretty gullible to fall for that shit.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4284
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 19 Jan 2019, 15:33

You guys!

Kim was firing missiles over Japan, ffs!

All kinds of threats to nuke the U.S.

If Hillary were doing the same things Trump is doing you would be be bowing down, kissing her feet, and hailing her as the greatest American who ever lived.

Don't even bother denying it.


But, but, but ... well... Trump.

What a stupid reason.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jan 2019, 16:38

Something nice about Trump? He is a REALLY nice shade of orange, isn’t he?

Me, I live for the day someone empties a bucket of water over that combover! Please—soon!!!!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 53478
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jan 2019, 16:59

SethBullock wrote:You guys!

Kim was firing missiles over Japan, ffs!

All kinds of threats to nuke the U.S.



Yes.

Just threats.

Empty threats.

Kim was never going to attack Japan, or the US.

It's all fake news, and the Trumpty Dumpties fall for it ... hook, line and sinker.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4284
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby mothra » 19 Jan 2019, 17:07

HBS Guy wrote:Something nice about Trump? He is a REALLY nice shade of orange, isn’t he?

Me, I live for the day someone empties a bucket of water over that combover! Please—soon!!!!



Image
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6455
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Sprintcyclist » 19 Jan 2019, 21:04

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I'm curious, John ... Who do you want us to go to war with? You're a dad. How many Australian sons and daughters are YOU willing to give up for this war you want?


I don't particularly want you to go to war with anyone.


And Trump hasn't started any new wars, and he is getting us out of Syria and reducing our presence in Afghanistan. Time will tell whether he's successful or not, but he is TRYING to find a peaceful outcome with North Korea. Previous leaders started new wars for no good reason, and they did nothing about North Korea's growing nuclear threat. Nothing!

johnsmith wrote:However claiming trump is some great saviour because he hasn't gone to war yet is misleading. I'm just explaining to you why he hasn't gone to war.


Well, I think you're wrong. I think Trump's view on war is in conflict with Permanent Washington's view on war. To Permanent Washington a war is a political football to be used for political advantage. Period. End of story.

But to the heartland, wars kill and wound our kids. And for what?

Fuck Permanent Washington. Fuck THEM! I wholeheartedly support Trump's opposition to their hypocrisy. Worthless pieces of shit. To hell with them.


course, the left refuse to see these facts
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Sprintcyclist » 20 Jan 2019, 00:52

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago
More
Many people are saying that the Mainstream Media will have a very hard time restoring credibility because of the way they have treated me over the past 3 years (including the election lead-up), as highlighted by the disgraceful Buzzfeed story & the even more disgraceful coverage!


yes, the mainstream media have been offensive against trump for 3 years.

some here think that is good.

most people think it is just offensive
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 20 Jan 2019, 04:48

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?


no. What I'm saying is that you need a leader who knows when the stand firm, and when to try diplomacy .... the fat orange oompa loompa doesn't know when to do either.


Like he did with Kim Jong Un, and like he's going to do again in February.


There was no problem with Kim.

Trump manufactured the crisis.

It's kind of his thing.

Well, that and sexual misconduct with women.


In a meeting between Trump and Obama during the transition, Obama told Trump that his #1 national security problem would be North Korea.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 20 Jan 2019, 17:22

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So you're saying we need a brave leader who will get us into another war?


no. What I'm saying is that you need a leader who knows when the stand firm, and when to try diplomacy .... the fat orange oompa loompa doesn't know when to do either.


Like he did with Kim Jong Un, and like he's going to do again in February.



you mean when he came out and read the script that sounded like it was prepared kim Jong Un ? could that have gotten any more embarrassing for the US?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9053
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 20 Jan 2019, 17:29

SethBullock wrote:but he is TRYING to find a peaceful outcome with North Korea.


as opposed to what? the war that no one was having? Kims not giving up his nukes. All the hoohaaa was for nothing. The koreans have done the same thing several times now, then whichever govt is in power gives them some concessions, and the 'potential war' is averted fopr another few years. Trump has done nothing that others haven't done before him, except for when he grovelled at Kim Jung Ill's feet.


SethBullock wrote:To Permanent Washington a war is a political football to be used for political advantage. Period. End of story.

I agree with that.

SethBullock wrote:But to the heartland, wars kill and wound our kids. And for what?


I don't mean to sound insensitive, so apologies in advance if it comes across that way, but parents should teach their kids to stop falling for the whole 'patriotism' bullshit. Politicians use that to recruit fodder for their political games.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9053
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Auggie » 20 Jan 2019, 17:52

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:You guys!

Kim was firing missiles over Japan, ffs!

All kinds of threats to nuke the U.S.



Yes.

Just threats.

Empty threats.

Kim was never going to attack Japan, or the US.

It's all fake news, and the Trumpty Dumpties fall for it ... hook, line and sinker.


Well said. Kim Jong-Fatty was and is never going to attack anyone.
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 17:05
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests