Something nice about Donald Trump

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 15:49

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:Okay Seth.....how about..."I will build a Wall and Mexico will pay for it."

Fail.

Try again.

I know the "extreme" right wing when I hear it or see it. I don't even like the "extreme" right wing.

Okay.....how about deliberately corrupting the judicial system by making appointments to SCOTUS on the basis of their political views?
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:49

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.

I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.

Can you give an example of a Trump policy that is "extreme" right wing?

You don't think targeting Mexicans and Muslims is extreme right-wing?

Are you serious?

Targeting?

Yes, targeting.

The travel ban.

And, "They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Remember those?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 15:53

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Do you have any idea how many illegal aliens Barrack Obama deported?

weren't you the one claiming the left want to let them stay? :roll :roll

But, dare I say it again?

When Barrack was president, there was no TDS.

The left's heads exploded on election day, 2016.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 15:54

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:Okay Seth.....how about..."I will build a Wall and Mexico will pay for it."

Fail.

Try again.

I know the "extreme" right wing when I hear it or see it. I don't even like the "extreme" right wing.

Okay.....how about deliberately corrupting the judicial system by making appointments to SCOTUS on the basis of their political views?

All presidents do that. When you have a liberal president, you expect him to appoint liberal judges, and vice versa.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 15:56

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Fail.

Try again.

All presidents do that. When you have a liberal president, you expect him to appoint liberal judges, and vice versa.

I knew that was coming, but it makes the process no less extreme right wing and corrupt.
Aussie

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 15:58

Do you want more Seth? I can pretty much cover it concisely with one word.....nationalism.
Aussie

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 16:02

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.

I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.

Are you serious?

Trump is closing the borders to people who try to come here ILLEGALLY or who cannot be properly vetted. That happens to be Mexicans and people from muslim "shithole countries" with no way of performing a background check on these people because their government does not keep public records enough to vet them. With our history of facing islamic militant terrorism, I would err on the side of caution before I let them in my country unvetted. I have no problem with people who go through the process and come here legally and welcome them. They prove they can learn my language, love my country, and have marketable skills so that I do not have to support them. Targeting "Mexicans and Muslims" is nationalist, not "right-wing". The Democrats are trying to frame it as racist and right wing because they want the political support of these people. Just look at the policies of giving drivers licenses to illegals and registering everyone with a license to vote in California. They expect the person who sneaked across our border illegally to "not vote", even though they gave them an ID and registered them to vote. They also count the illegals in the census and that gives California more representation in the House than they deserve.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:05

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Are you serious?

Targeting?

Yes, targeting.

The travel ban.

And, "They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Remember those?

The motive behind the travel ban (entry ban would be more appropriate) was not some extreme right wing ideology.

I didn't care for the way Trump worded the "rapists" statements. It could have been worded better, but that is not, nor will it ever be Trump's forte.

In essence, however, he was telling the truth. There are good people among these illegal immigrants, but there are murderers and rapists too. That's not even debatable. And that is not extreme right wing ideology, it is an acknowledged fact that even anti-Trump, anti-wall, pro-open border people have to acknowledge.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:08

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Fail.

Try again.

I knew that was coming, but it makes the process no less extreme right wing and corrupt.

Ha! Then when Barrack was president, it was extreme left wing and corrupt. Your logic, Aussie

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:15

Aussie wrote:Do you want more Seth? I can pretty much cover it concisely with one word.....nationalism.

Oh criminy, Aussie ... Lol ... Didn't we already have the huuuugest thread in history (threw in a Trumpism for ya :bgrin ) on nationalism?

I'm not going to rehash that all over again.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 16:17

Ha! Then when Barrack was president, it was extreme left wing and corrupt. Your logic, Aussie

Correct.

That system is corrupt. Judicial appointments must not be made in such a partisan way......but......I have to admit, our Executive Council (not the Prime Minister alone) also appoints our High CourtJudges, but there is a hue and cry if there is an outrageous appointment, like there was when Lionel Murphy (a Lefty political hack) was an appointment. No-one in Australia counts the High Court numbers on the basis of perceived political bias....it just never happens. These blokes (and women) are not known to be political.....other than that areshole Murphy (Google him.)
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 16:27

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Fail.

Try again.

The same old Trump supporter comeback.

"Yeah, well, other people have done worse."

:roll
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:39

Why Supreme Court picks should not be political.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:43

greggerypeccary wrote:The same old Trump supporter comeback.

Well if you don't want to hear it, don't accuse him of being a right wing extremist for doing the exact same things a liberal president does!

It's Internet 101. Duh!

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 16:56

SethBullock wrote:Why Supreme Court picks should not be political.

Leaving aside his comments on Bart....what he said. That bloke paints a very poor picture of how things are (in his opinion) over there.
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 17:10

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Why Supreme Court picks should not be political.

Leaving aside his comments on Bart....what he said. That bloke paints a very poor picture of how things are (in his opinion) over there.

He is absolutely right on the roles of the branches of government.

The Congress is supposed to be the center of politics. It should be raucous and contentious, and it is the Congress that should effect our lives most.

The President is supposed to be MOSTLY just a caretaker of the bureaucracy that carries out Congress's laws. The Constitution actually grants the President very few powers unto himself, and they are not powers that really affect the populace directly.

And the Supreme Court should be apolitical.

Congress, the cowardly little weasels, has voluntarily and willingly ceded its own power to the President and the Supreme Court, just as Sen. Sasse described.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 17:21

Congress, the cowardly little weasels, has voluntarily and willingly ceded its own power to the President and the Supreme Court, just as Sen. Sasse described.

The absolute reverse applies here, thank goodness. Parliament is our blood bath, and where no quarter is given even if begged for. The High Court is known to be apolitical. The Public Service does what Governments direct, and if they stuff up, we take our anger out on politicians.

The tail does not wag the dog here.
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 17:22

Good night. It's been fun.

Godnutter out.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 17:27

SethBullock wrote:

Well if you don't want to hear it, don't accuse him of being a right wing extremist for doing the exact same things a liberal president does!

It's Internet 101. Duh!

This isn't about other presidents - it's about Trump.

He's a right-wing extremist.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 15:43

I am sure Donald will personally pay this bloke's bill, yes......cause he is nice. He shut the cleaners down, so I'm sure he'll happily cough up.

Link.

Go Donald! Yew bloody bewdy.
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 15:50

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

It's Internet 101. Duh!

This isn't about other presidents - it's about Trump.

He's a right-wing extremist.

Okey dokey, Greg.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 15:57

Aussie wrote:I am sure Donald will personally pay this bloke's bill, yes......cause he is nice. He shut the cleaners down, so I'm sure he'll happily cough up.

Link.

She could just as easily send the bill to Nan or Chuckie, but she's being a good little soldier.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 16:04

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:I am sure Donald will personally pay this bloke's bill, yes......cause he is nice. He shut the cleaners down, so I'm sure he'll happily cough up.

Link.

She could just as easily send the bill to Nan or Chuckie, but she's being a good little soldier.

did they shut down govt?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 16:17

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Link.

did they shut down govt?

As a matter of fact, yes. See that's a little piece of this that of course gets ignored.

Donald Trump would rather let part of the government run out of money than to sign a bill with no money for a barrier wall.

Nan and Chuckie would rather let part of the government run out of money than to put money in the bill for a barrier wall.

What??? But, but, but ... Trump!

"But Trump" is not logic. My logic, as stated in italics above, is solid.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 16:19

So...by whose order was Government shut down? Pelosi's. That Schumer (sp) bloke?
Aussie

PreviousNext

Return to Politics