NSW Abortion Bill.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Postby Aussie » 17 Aug 2019, 15:59

Always did like this woman.

Link.

That's me over and out.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby chris155au » 17 Aug 2019, 16:52

Dax wrote:
When trying to educate infantile minds, one can only do so much, then you have to leave them to their own mental demise.

So you think that you TRIED to make an argument? All you did was say that it would be a harsh system if abortion wasn't included, but you FAILED SPECTACULARLY at being able to even ATTEMPT to link that to bodily rights! :rofl
chris155au
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby chris155au » 17 Aug 2019, 16:54

Aussie wrote:Always did like this woman.

Link.

That's me over and out.

She got SLAM DUNKED by her own feminist community for saying that! :rofl Looks like you like her more than her own do! https://qz.com/1617531/feminists-disagr ... tion-laws/
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 17 Aug 2019, 17:35

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
chris155au wrote:
Why would a doctor be prosecuted for removing something that is killing someone?

johnsmith wrote:for the same reason they'd prosecute someone who had an abortion for health reasons.

AGAIN, your talking about WOMEN being prosecuted for having an abortion! I'm talking about DOCTORS being prosecuted for giving them if they were illegal!

and i'm comparing it to doctors being prosecuted for removing cancers if it was illegal.

You're going to have to at least ATTEMPT to explain why removing cancers would ever be illegal. I look forward to your reply, it's sure to be good!

no I don't. And I don't think it should be. I'm just showing you the idiocy of your argument. It's exactly the same scenario but for something else.
What's the matter with i? you're still in control of your own body. I thought that was what you wanted.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 17 Aug 2019, 17:41

johnsmith wrote:
no I don't. And I don't think it should be. I'm just showing you the idiocy of your argument. It's exactly the same scenario but for something else.
What's the matter with i? you're still in control of your own body. I thought that was what you wanted.

If the government decided to remove cancer treatment from the health system, I wouldn't say that I have lost my rights to my body if I had cancer. Would you say that you've lost your rights to yours if you had cancer?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby hatty » 17 Aug 2019, 21:23

cancer is indiscriminate.... stupid comparison to make

unlike god bothering hypocrites.... they love to judge and discriminate.

i wish they would just look in their own backyard.... (the fiddled kids that they ignore or cover up) before they get all high and mighty.

they have always been preaching the opposite of what they actually do.

they are beneath contempt.
hatty
Cheetah

Postby chris155au » 17 Aug 2019, 23:35

hatty wrote:cancer is indiscriminate.... stupid comparison to make

i wish they would just look in their own backyard.... (the fiddled kids that they ignore or cover up) before they get all high and mighty.

Aren't you the one who said that no other subjects should be raised in this thread? So why are you raising religion? I guess you've got nowhere else to turn once you've ran out of arguments. :rofl
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby mothra » 18 Aug 2019, 00:08

Generally only care about the kid until it's born too. No care or support for mum and baby after that.

Still, at both ends they get to sit in judgement ... which is really what they are all about.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 18 Aug 2019, 09:09

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

If the government decided to remove cancer treatment from the health system, I wouldn't say that I have lost my rights to my body if I had cancer. Would you say that you've lost your rights to yours if you had cancer?

yes, i would.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 18 Aug 2019, 09:11

for someone who really doesn't want to have a baby, an embryo or fetus is no different to a cancer.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby hatty » 18 Aug 2019, 11:08

johnsmith wrote:

for someone who really doesn't want to have a baby, an embryo or fetus is no different to a cancer.

no arguments there JS

and to chris i say religion has everything to do with this argument.

religious bigots couldn't give a fuck about science, medicine, the planet ..... and certainly not empathy or compassion

(see the last 5,000 years)
hatty
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 18 Aug 2019, 13:27

hatty wrote:and to chris i say religion has everything to do with this argument.

the argument against is written by the bible bashers. Sure, there might be the odd atheist who repeats it because he thinks it sounds good, but they're in the minority.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 14:34

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yes, i would.

And HOW would you have lost the rights to your body? You could go anywhere in the country or the world to have your cancer
treated. Now if the government prevented you from going elsewhere to have it treated, THEN you have lost your rights.
Last edited by chris155au on 19 Aug 2019, 14:42, edited 2 times in total.
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 14:36

johnsmith wrote:

Correct. Which is why they should be able to do anything they want with it. And they would have this freedom even if abortion was removed from the health system, it would just mean that they don't have the option of having an abortion under the health system. Removing this option is NOT taking away women's rights to their bodies! Does anyone SERIOUSLY think that if cancer treatment was removed from the health system, that the argument against it would be that it is taking away people's right to their bodies! OF COURSE NOT! :rofl
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 16:25

Tell that to johnsmith.

Judge WHO? Discriminate against WHO?

Yes, certainly those involved in ignoring or covering up child sexual abuse and of course those who actually commit such acts, are in no position to "get all high and mighty."

WHO is "they?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 16:26

mothra wrote:
Generally only care about the kid until it's born too. No care or support for mum and baby after that.

Who are you talking about?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 19 Aug 2019, 17:35

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yes, i would.

And HOW would you have lost the rights to your body? You could go anywhere in the country or the world to have your cancer
treated. Now if the government prevented you from going elsewhere to have it treated, THEN you have lost your rights.

the right to my body includes the right to do with it as I see fit. If that involves removing a cancer, an embryo, an arm or my hair, that has absolutely nothing to do with you or the govt.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 17:54

johnsmith wrote:
the right to my body includes the right to do with it as I see fit. If that involves removing a cancer, an embryo, an arm or my hair, that has absolutely nothing to do with you or the govt.

Well it doesn't have anything to do with me, but it HAS got to do with the government! How else would you remove any of those things if not via the health system?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 19 Aug 2019, 18:23

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Well it doesn't have anything to do with me, but it HAS got to do with the government! How else would you remove any of those things if not via the health system?

we pay taxes for our health system. This isn't the USA.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 18:46

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

we pay taxes for our health system.

Okay... and does that mean that you're entitled to ANYTHING from it?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 19 Aug 2019, 19:15

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yep.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 19:41

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yep.

I mean even things which are not included in it. Are you entitled to those too?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 19 Aug 2019, 19:47

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yep.

yes.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 19 Aug 2019, 20:30

chris155au wrote:

johnsmith wrote:yes.

So, unrestricted euthanasia?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 19 Aug 2019, 20:51

chris155au wrote:
chris155au wrote:

johnsmith wrote:yes.

So, unrestricted euthanasia?

cause suicide doesn't exist now that it's illegal, right? :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics