NSW Abortion Bill.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
chris155au
Cheetah
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:
chris155au wrote:And STILL, not ONE SINGLE person can admit that this abortion bill does MORE than simply remove abortion from the crimes act! Amazing! Truly amazing! :rofl
And still....you have failed to show us the parts of the Bill you are angsty about.
I was going to get onto that, but there is no point if nobody is genuine enough to admit that the bill does more than remove abortion from the crimes act. This is the first step, yet NOBODY can do it! :rofl

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

You don’t put any actual info up. Do that.

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:You don’t put any actual info up. Do that.
I was going to get onto that, but there is no point if nobody is even genuine and honest enough to admit that the bill does more than remove abortion from the crimes act. This is SO INCREDIBLY STRAIGHT FORWARD, yet NOBODY can do it! Can you? Haven't you checked out the bill PDF that I sent the link to? Come on, try to be genuine!

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:You don’t put any actual info up. Do that.
I was going to get onto that, but there is no point if nobody is even genuine and honest enough to admit that the bill does more than remove abortion from the crimes act. This is SO INCREDIBLY STRAIGHT FORWARD, yet NOBODY can do it! Can you? Haven't you checked out the bill PDF that I sent the link to? Come on, try to be genuine!
Show us the sections of the Bill you are referring to.

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:
Show us the sections of the Bill you are referring to.
Overview of Bill

The objects of this Bill are as follows—(a) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is not more than 22 weeks pregnant,(b) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is more than 22 weeks pregnant in certain circumstances,(c) to identify certain registered health practitioners who may assist in the performance of atermination,(d) to require a registered health practitioner who has a conscientious objection to theperformance of a termination on a person to disclose the objection and refer the person toanother practitioner who does not have a conscientious objection,(e) to repeal offences relating to abortion in the Crimes Act 1900 and abolish any common lawrules relating to abortion,(f) to amend the Crimes Act 1900 to make it an offence for a person who is not a medicalpractitioner otherwise authorised under the Act to terminate a pregnancy. https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf
So, can you admit that it is MORE than just removing abortion from the crimes act?

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

No-one is asking you for anyone's 'overview.' Quote the relevant sections.

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:No-one is asking you for anyone's 'overview.' Quote the relevant sections.
What do you mean "anyone's overview?" Do you not realise that I quoted the overview from the ACTUAL bill? THIS bill: https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

I found this very interesting. It seems that since decriminalisation in Vic, the number of post 20 week abortions has actually fallen. I don't know about you guys but I for one was surprised to see this.

On the raw numbers, there were 328 post 20 week abortions in Victoria in 2008 — decriminalisation came into effect in October that year.

Those numbers rose sharply immediately after the law change in 2009, and stayed above 2008 levels for five years.

Since 2014 however, the number of post 20 week abortions has remained below pre-decriminalisation levels.

In 2017, the latest data available, there were 324, which when compared to 2008 represents a 1 per cent decrease.

Statistician Susanna Cramb, from the Statistical Society of Australia provided Fact Check with a more robust analysis of the numbers using joinpoint statistical software.

That analysis showed a 14 per cent decrease between 2008 and 2017.

And looking at the rate of post 20 week abortions as a proportion of all births — which better takes into account population growth — also showed a decrease in post 20 week abortions since decriminalisation.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-04/ ... a/11474570
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

From that overview late term abortions would need a special reason.

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:No-one is asking you for anyone's 'overview.' Quote the relevant sections.
What do you mean "anyone's overview?" Do you not realise that I quoted the overview from the ACTUAL bill? THIS bill: https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf
Fuck me. Post the bloody sections ferfuxsake!

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote: Fuck me. Post the bloody sections ferfuxsake!
I already did. Did you miss it? Here it is again:
(a) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is not more than 22 weeks pregnant,(b) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is more than 22 weeks pregnant in certain circumstances,(c) to identify certain registered health practitioners who may assist in the performance of atermination,(d) to require a registered health practitioner who has a conscientious objection to theperformance of a termination on a person to disclose the objection and refer the person toanother practitioner who does not have a conscientious objection,(e) to repeal offences relating to abortion in the Crimes Act 1900 and abolish any common lawrules relating to abortion,(f) to amend the Crimes Act 1900 to make it an offence for a person who is not a medicalpractitioner otherwise authorised under the Act to terminate a pregnancy.https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:From that overview late term abortions would need a special reason.
Okay, so finally you acknowledge that the act does more than just remove abortion from the crimes act! WELL DONE! Now, by "special reason", it is just the approval of two doctors and it's not just when the woman's life is in danger. It is any health reason.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

You have NOT shown that.

Dig deeper!

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:You have NOT shown that.

Dig deeper!
You may want to look at Part 2.6, section 2:

In considering whether a termination should be performed on a person under this section, a medical practitioner must consider—

(a) all relevant medical circumstances, and
(b) the person’s current and future physical, psychological and social circumstances

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

What section is that?

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:What section is that?
It's not 'section' divided, it's 'part' divided. I thought that it would've been easy to follow. It's on page 8 of the PDF, under the heading "termination by medical practitioner after 22 weeks": https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Part 2 Performance of terminations by registered health
practitioners
5 Termination by medical practitioners at not more than 22 weeks
A person who is a medical practitioner may perform a termination on a person who
is not more than 22 weeks pregnant.
6 Termination by medical practitioner after 22 weeks
(1) A medical practitioner may perform a termination on a person who is more than 22
weeks pregnant if—
(a) the medical practitioner considers that, in all the circumstances, the
termination should be performed, and
(b) the medical practitioner has consulted with another medical practitioner who
also considers that, in all the circumstances, the termination should be
performed.
(2) In considering whether a termination should be performed on a person under this
section, a medical practitioner must consider—
(a) all relevant medical circumstances, and
(b) the person’s current and future physical, psychological and social
circumstances, and
(c) the professional standards and guidelines that apply to the medical practitioner
in relation to the performance of the termination.
(3) In an emergency, a medical practitioner may perform a termination on a person who
is more than 22 weeks pregnant, without acting under subsections (1) and (2), if the
medical practitioner considers it necessary to perform the termination to—
(a) save the person’s life, or
(b) save another foetus.

So???

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:
So???
Earlier you said that from the overview, "late term abortions would need a special reason." Which part specifically did you see that in?

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

oh.. good grief.

For a START ,, it is a Bill.

And I think it is pretty obvious that you cannot seek to moderate abortion, if you ignore all the things that go with this proposal. How would it work otherwise,> ??
A one line sentence will not cut it . NO LAW can be as simple as you seem to expect, especially when it comes to something as critical as this.

Do you expect MORE SAFE GUARDS..?? Are you saying this Bill is ineffective.?

How would YOU phrase them in terms which would be subjected to parliamentary scrutiny,..??

See..? you are unclear. We are floundering around trying to work out WHAT YOUR POINT IS.!

Sorry... :roll

Simple.
WHAT DO YOU THINK.? HMM? We've all responded as best we can given 'the circumstances'.

HOW would YOU prefer it.?

OR perhaps you don't want it AT ALL.
Help us here, else all we're going to say is …. ciao.
sleeping is good for you

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

pinkeye wrote:oh.. good grief.

And I think it is pretty obvious that you cannot seek to moderate abortion, if you ignore all the things that go with this proposal. How would it work otherwise,> ??
A one line sentence will not cut it .
If all that the bill was supposed to do was remove abortion from the crimes act, then it wouldn't have needed too many lines in a sentence to do that. So can you admit that the bill doesn't simply remove abortion from the crimes act?

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote: Fuck me. Post the bloody sections ferfuxsake!
I already did. Did you miss it? Here it is again:
(a) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is not more than 22 weeks pregnant,(b) to enable a termination of a pregnancy to be performed by a medical practitioner on a personwho is more than 22 weeks pregnant in certain circumstances,(c) to identify certain registered health practitioners who may assist in the performance of atermination,(d) to require a registered health practitioner who has a conscientious objection to theperformance of a termination on a person to disclose the objection and refer the person toanother practitioner who does not have a conscientious objection,(e) to repeal offences relating to abortion in the Crimes Act 1900 and abolish any common lawrules relating to abortion,(f) to amend the Crimes Act 1900 to make it an offence for a person who is not a medicalpractitioner otherwise authorised under the Act to terminate a pregnancy.https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bill/ ... 0Print.pdf
I am NOT going to read all that. I want you to post the Sections you are bitching about....one by one if necessary.

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:
I am NOT going to read all that. I want you to post the Sections you are bitching about....one by one if necessary.
In terms of the bill SOLELY being about removing abortion from the crimes act, I have a problem with EVERY one of them apart from this one:

(e) to repeal offences relating to abortion in the Crimes Act 1900 and abolish any common lawrules relating to abortion (NOTE that it's not even at the top of the list! It's "(e)!")

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

well I wonder why
YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.

I've clearly asked you questions, and you choose to ignore them.
I ask that YOU answer my questions. You need to answer my questions.!

A one line sentence will not cut it . NO LAW can be as simple as you seem to expect, especially when it comes to something as critical as this.

Do you expect MORE SAFE GUARDS..??
Are you saying this Bill is ineffective.?

How would YOU phrase them in terms which would be subjected to parliamentary scrutiny,..??

See..? you are unclear. We are floundering around trying to work out WHAT YOUR POINT IS.!

Sorry... :roll

Simple.
WHAT DO YOU THINK.? HMM? We've all responded as best we can given 'the circumstances'.

Help us here, else all we're going to say is …. ciao.

SO chris... how about answering MY QUESTIONS. .?? You are higing like the little pussy you are.

So.. what do you have as answers TO MY QUESTIONS,???
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Jeesus Christ. The Bill makes abortion not a crime and regulates how legal abortions can be performed. The two go together. 423 posts to do this.

Abortion is a question for the woman involved, no one else had any say.

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

It wouldn't work. In order to "moderate abortion" it does need to have all the things that go with this proposal. HOWEVER, why wasn't it promoted as a bill which "moderates abortion" instead of a bill that simply removes abortion from the Crimes Act? I've answered this, so now you answer my question, if you're capable of doing so.
Correct, which is why it was so deceptive to promote it as something so simple as to just remove abortion from the Crimes Act.
Are you saying this Bill is ineffective.?
No, it's VERY effective at making abortion easier to get.
How would YOU phrase them in terms which would be subjected to parliamentary scrutiny,.
How would I phrase what?

Yes, I would certainly prefer that babies were never killed for cases where the mothers life isn't in danger.