NSW Abortion Bill.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
Locked
chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:Jeesus Christ. The Bill makes abortion not a crime and regulates how legal abortions can be performed. The two go together. 423 posts to do this.
So then why wasn't it promoted as this?
Abortion is a question for the woman involved, no one else had any say.
So you can only "have a say" in things which directly affect you?

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

pinkeye wrote:oh.. good grief.

For a START ,, it is a Bill.

And I think it is pretty obvious that you cannot seek to moderate abortion, if you ignore all the things that go with this proposal. How would it work otherwise,> ??
It wouldn't work. In order to "moderate abortion" it does need to have all the things that go with this proposal. HOWEVER, why wasn't it promoted as a bill which "moderates abortion" instead of a bill that simply removes abortion from the Crimes Act? I've answered this, so now you answer my question, if you're capable of doing so.
A one line sentence will not cut it . NO LAW can be as simple as you seem to expect, especially when it comes to something as critical as this.
Correct, which is why it was so deceptive to promote it as something so simple as to just remove abortion from the Crimes Act.
Are you saying this Bill is ineffective.?
No, it's VERY effective at making abortion easier to get.
How would YOU phrase them in terms which would be subjected to parliamentary scrutiny,.
How would I phrase what?
HOW would YOU prefer it.?

OR perhaps you don't want it AT ALL.


Yes, I would certainly prefer that babies were never killed for cases where the mothers life isn't in danger.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote: So then why wasn't it promoted as this?
who is promoting it as anything else?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote: So then why wasn't it promoted as this?
who is promoting it as anything else?
The politicians and the media. My local state member said that she will be voting for the bill "because abortion doesn't belong in the Crimes Act." She really should be making decisions based on what her electorate wants, not because of her opinion on something, but that's another matter.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:The politicians and the media. My local state member said that she will be voting for the bill "because abortion doesn't belong in the Crimes Act." She really should be making decisions based on what her electorate wants, not because of her opinion on something, but that's another matter.
I suspect you're clinging to the sound bytes that prove your points, whilst ignoring everything else. Not your fault, we all do it. Most politicians, unless it affects their portfolio, wouldn't have a clue whats in the bill. For them it's all about sound bytes. Using them to determine what the bill is promoting is foolish.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:The politicians and the media. My local state member said that she will be voting for the bill "because abortion doesn't belong in the Crimes Act." She really should be making decisions based on what her electorate wants, not because of her opinion on something, but that's another matter.
I suspect you're clinging to the sound bytes that prove your points, whilst ignoring everything else. Not your fault, we all do it. Most politicians, unless it affects their portfolio, wouldn't have a clue whats in the bill. For them it's all about sound bytes. Using them to determine what the bill is promoting is foolish.
You don't think that some knew perfectly well what was in the bill but just purposefully lied and said that it was simply about removing abortion from the Crimes Act?

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9762
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by Aussie »

In a nutshell, what else does it do?

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:In a nutshell, what else does it do?
It makes it easier to kill babies.

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56417
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by HBS Guy »

Not babies.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9762
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by Aussie »

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:In a nutshell, what else does it do?
It makes it easier to kill babies.
Oh.....like decriminalising abortion.

Mate, I am fed up to the same old same old crap about this matter. I have never ever seen, over almost 20 years on www sites, any new argument. It is black/white, and the bitch fight is always around the margins.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:The politicians and the media. My local state member said that she will be voting for the bill "because abortion doesn't belong in the Crimes Act." She really should be making decisions based on what her electorate wants, not because of her opinion on something, but that's another matter.
I suspect you're clinging to the sound bytes that prove your points, whilst ignoring everything else. Not your fault, we all do it. Most politicians, unless it affects their portfolio, wouldn't have a clue whats in the bill. For them it's all about sound bytes. Using them to determine what the bill is promoting is foolish.
You don't think that some knew perfectly well what was in the bill but just purposefully lied and said that it was simply about removing abortion from the Crimes Act?
if they're promoting it incorrectly as you claim, then it's obvious they don't know whats in it. They're not lying, just ill informed.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

Aussie wrote:
chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:In a nutshell, what else does it do?
It makes it easier to kill babies.
Oh.....like decriminalising abortion.
Is that an admission that abortion is killing babies? You sound like you're on my side! Anyway, abortion being criminalised obviously doesn't mean that abortion isn't available. As it stands now, abortion is STILL criminalised, but abortions are still happening aren't they?

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:Not babies.
What is it then?

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
if they're promoting it incorrectly as you claim, then it's obvious they don't know whats in it. They're not lying, just ill informed.
Are you serious? Why, because politicians don't lie? :rofl

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
if they're promoting it incorrectly as you claim, then it's obvious they don't know whats in it. They're not lying, just ill informed.
Are you serious? Why, because politicians don't lie? :rofl

of course politicians lie ... but you're an idiot if you think everything that get wrong is a lie.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
if they're promoting it incorrectly as you claim, then it's obvious they don't know whats in it. They're not lying, just ill informed.
Are you serious? Why, because politicians don't lie? :rofl

of course politicians lie ... but you're an idiot if you think everything that get wrong is a lie.
Sure, but you're an idiot if you think that they didn't know that this bill contained more than simply removing abortion from the Crimes Act. I don't think that they're quite THAT useless that they wouldn't have known that a multi-page bill had more in it than just that.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote: I don't think that they're quite THAT useless that they wouldn't have known that a multi-page bill had more in it than just that.
most politicians don't even read the bills they vote on, unless it affects their portfolio. They're instructed by their party, or ther donors, on how to vote and they vote accordingly. Every thing else is just for show.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56417
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by HBS Guy »

Babies are born.

A fetus is sometimes aborted.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote: I don't think that they're quite THAT useless that they wouldn't have known that a multi-page bill had more in it than just that.
They're instructed by their party, or ther donors, on how to vote and they vote accordingly. Every thing else is just for show.
Which means that local representatives aren't representing their electorate.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

HBS Guy wrote:Babies are born.
Do you have a source to back that up? You may want to think about whether "baby" is even a scientific term!

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Babies are born.
Do you have a source to back that up? You may want to think about whether "baby" is even a scientific term!
you think they're hatched perhaps?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10970
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote: I don't think that they're quite THAT useless that they wouldn't have known that a multi-page bill had more in it than just that.
They're instructed by their party, or ther donors, on how to vote and they vote accordingly. Every thing else is just for show.
Which means that local representatives aren't representing their electorate.

politicians NEVER represent their electorates .
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote: I don't think that they're quite THAT useless that they wouldn't have known that a multi-page bill had more in it than just that.
They're instructed by their party, or ther donors, on how to vote and they vote accordingly. Every thing else is just for show.
Which means that local representatives aren't representing their electorate.

politicians NEVER represent their electorates .
For once we agree on something John!

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1394
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Babies are born.
Do you have a source to back that up? You may want to think about whether "baby" is even a scientific term!
you think they're hatched perhaps?
Why would babies being babies in the womb mean that they are "hatched?"

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5812
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: NSW Abortion Bill.

Post by pinkeye »

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:The politicians and the media. My local state member said that she will be voting for the bill "because abortion doesn't belong in the Crimes Act." She really should be making decisions based on what her electorate wants, not because of her opinion on something, but that's another matter.
I suspect you're clinging to the sound bytes that prove your points, whilst ignoring everything else. Not your fault, we all do it. Most politicians, unless it affects their portfolio, wouldn't have a clue whats in the bill. For them it's all about sound bytes. Using them to determine what the bill is promoting is foolish.
You don't think that some knew perfectly well what was in the bill but just purposefully lied and said that it was simply about removing abortion from the Crimes Act?
They knew, of course they did. This is a very fraught topic.
You are pro-life.. and I imagine you have probably picketed women going to Clinics.. Abortion Clinics. I can see you haranguing these people. Waving signs and screaming at them.

You have done well to restrain yourself on this forum.

So now that we can finally understand.. why you have continued to be so oblique, I'd just like to say, I'll not posting here on this topic, again.
sleeping is good for you

Locked