Hansen 1988 to now

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Hansen 1988 to now

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 09:18

Some tweets I did last night and this morning:

Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus More

No #grandsolarminimum no #globalcooling and no #miniiceage

How good were Hansen’s predictions? Very good indeed!

12:43 AM - 26 Jun 2018 from Australia
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Reply 1 Retweet Like View Tweet activity
New conversation

Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus 9h9 hours ago More

Charts:Image
Thankfully, renewable energy becoming cheaper than coal fired power meant the worst case scenario did not happen. We need to do much more tho, stop emissions, act to remove CO2 from atmosphere etc. We don’t have to worry about a GSM (0.3°C cooling)

Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus 2h2 hours ago More

Another reason warming is not quite as much as predicted in worst case: in 1980s sun went slightly quiet, emitting less radiation. Mainly tho it is renewable energy surging ahead, supplanting dirty coal. Now electric cars are zooming, further slowing AGW. Still there tho!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Hansen 1988 to now

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 09:26

In reply to snake oil seller David Dubyne:

Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus 14h14 hours ago More
Replying to @PolAnimalAus @adapt2030

It has warmed enough to create many more 1in500 etc precipitation events, melt ice at both poles, rise sea levels at ever–faster rates thru ice melt and thermal expansion. AGW was suspected in 1820, basic science worked out in 1905 and all confirmed by spectroscopes in satellites

Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus 13h13 hours ago More

AGW is also causing coral reefs to die by high water temperatures, is causing anoxic areas of the ocean and crashing fishery stocks.

AGW is real, it [is] the GSM and Ice Age bullshit that is false.

I have also asked the scammers and their dupes as to astronomical evidence for a GSM—I am definitely not holding my breath about that tho! I have kindly pointed out that NASA has a solar observatory. You know it is a scam when no actual information is ever supplied.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 11:37

The graph in the post above shows a null hypotheses: the straight black dotted line.

If you suspect warming then clearly the null hypothesis you test is no change. The null hypothesis is that the 1960-84 mean temperature continues to apply. That fails, spectacularly!

The alternative hypothesis, the warming due to the various forcings must be accepted. In fact, you would do more tests to compare projections to reality etc.

I have told Lees this over quite a while. He accepts this, next time he just spouts the same old bullshit tho—clearly, AGW, CO2 is NOT something he is “comfortable with” it scares him shitless. He will find his way here some time to try and shut discussion down here but I am the Mod on this forum and won’t put up with any shit.

If we had not moved to renewable energy something like Scenario A would be applying as the projected CO2 increase is pretty spot on. Without RE the CO2 increase, and the temperature increase would be much much higher than actually eventuated. That CO2 increase shows just how much we have to do in reducing emissions!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 15:04

Nice video:
https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/ ... was-right/

Judgment on Hansen’s ’88 climate testimony: ‘He was right’ Climate scientists’ consensus: James Hansen ‘got it right’ in congressional global warming and human causation testimony 30 years ago this week. (Peter Sinclair, Wed June 20, 2018)

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2018/06/30-years-after-hansens-testimony/#comment-706125
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jun 2018, 16:18

Market forces know it's happening... but government subsidies mean they can pretend it isn't worth the mushrooms fretting their poor heads over... after all: it's all war games!

:roll
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market