New Labor Leader

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2019, 19:37

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Unions weren't particularly fond of Keating either. But he had the public's backing. If Albo can keep the public on side, the unions won't do anything.


IF.

I doubt he can do it but yes, if he proves popular they'll leave him alone.


Ummmm....isn't it their job to make him popular so they have a pipeline into Government? Do they want the ALP to be seen as stable......or disfunctional? Out here in the real (non Union) political World, I reckon the punter has had enough of this shit.


The unions can't make him popular - that's up to him.

Australian voters are stupid fucking idiots (I'm talking incredibly fucking stupid), and they'll judge him on charisma or whether he has man boobs or not.

Unions can't do much about that stuff.

If he can't win over the public, the unions will find someone to replace him.

Nothing surer.


The very fact that he will shit in the Member vote ought to send the Unions the message. Far cough, and get behind him. No white anting. If they can't cattle prod anyone into running, they suck eggs and boost Albanese. This bullshit factional infighting among Unions is a piss off to punters....well, this one anyway.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 22 May 2019, 19:45

Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Unions weren't particularly fond of Keating either. But he had the public's backing. If Albo can keep the public on side, the unions won't do anything.


IF.

I doubt he can do it but yes, if he proves popular they'll leave him alone.


Ummmm....isn't it their job to make him popular so they have a pipeline into Government? Do they want the ALP to be seen as stable......or disfunctional? Out here in the real (non Union) political World, I reckon the punter has had enough of this shit.


The unions can't make him popular - that's up to him.

Australian voters are stupid fucking idiots (I'm talking incredibly fucking stupid), and they'll judge him on charisma or whether he has man boobs or not.

Unions can't do much about that stuff.

If he can't win over the public, the unions will find someone to replace him.

Nothing surer.


The very fact that he will shit in the Member vote ought to send the Unions the message. Far cough, and get behind him. No white anting. If they can't cattle prod anyone into running, they suck eggs and boost Albanese. This bullshit factional infighting among Unions is a piss off to punters....well, this one anyway.


You're missing the point.

Albo is not union-friendly.

If he wins the next election (Lol) he won't be rushing to implement policies that assist the unions.

In fact, he'll pretty much ignore them.

The unions aren't going to get behind someone who isn't interested in restoring penalty rates, or giving more power to the unions.

The Labor Party is the Unions' party - it belongs to them. They created it.

Membership is down to 10%. They're desperate.

If Albo stays leader for the next 6 years, you can pretty much kiss unions goodbye.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2019, 19:55

You're missing the point.

Albo is not union-friendly.


I may well be missing (or not accepting) your point.

Hawke was not Union friendly either, in the sense you are referring to. Neither was Rudd. He wanted the factional shit to stop.

Unions have an important function...fight for their Members' working conditions and pay. But.....Joe Blow detests that they over-reach into the broader political arena.

What's the legitimate beef with Albanese if it is not as simple as this......he is not one of the Union Tribe your support? Do you not see how that trickles down to the punter? It is an adverse response. The Party and the Unions have to learn the lesson of last Saturday. They got a belting. All stops need to be pulled to get up after that.

If the 'Unions' have a muppet they want to put up......put the muppet up. If not, that's that.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 22 May 2019, 20:06

Aussie wrote:
You're missing the point.

Albo is not union-friendly.


I may well be missing (or not accepting) your point.

Hawke was not Union friendly either, in the sense you are referring to. Neither was Rudd. He wanted the factional shit to stop.

Unions have an important function...fight for their Members' working conditions and pay. But.....Joe Blow detests that they over-reach into the broader political arena.

What's the legitimate beef with Albanese if it is not as simple as this......he is not one of the Union Tribe your support? Do you not see how that trickles down to the punter? It is an adverse response. The Party and the Unions have to learn the lesson of last Saturday. They got a belting. All stops need to be pulled to get up after that.

If the 'Unions' have a muppet they want to put up......put the muppet up. If not, that's that.


Didn't turn out too well for Rudd, did it?

And Hawke led the ACTU - a union man through and through.

And, unions over-reaching?

They CREATED the party.

They RUN the party.

Just as big business and organised crime run the Liberal Party.

You're starting to sound like cods.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2019, 20:18

Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 22 May 2019, 20:25

Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2019, 20:34

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 22 May 2019, 21:00

Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?


The non-union element, with an end to his career.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Dax » 23 May 2019, 05:18

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Albanese is a complete idiot just like wong, in fact they don't have anyone who has a clue, just a bunch of useless egocentric ideologues. Albaneses is one of those deranged fools who wants more refugees and migrants, he also wants to stop people under the age of 17 with being charged with a crime. He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question.


What do you hope to gain from making up lies?


Understand you find it hard to accept the facts, it goes with being a cloned ideologue. Why do you think Wong is supporting him when she is a fervent advocate of open borders, no good talking to fools they never listen to reason or fact and the results of our society are witness to those facts.

There's an old saying that rings true every time, you can never get something new successfully, when you try to do it with something old and you won't get any more ancient in the head than the current clones in the labour or liberal parties.
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 07:04

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Albanese is a complete idiot just like wong, in fact they don't have anyone who has a clue, just a bunch of useless egocentric ideologues. Albaneses is one of those deranged fools who wants more refugees and migrants, he also wants to stop people under the age of 17 with being charged with a crime. He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question.


What do you hope to gain from making up lies?


Understand you find it hard to accept the facts ...


The fact is, you lied.

I totally accept that.

"He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question."

Completely false.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 07:10

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?


The non-union element, with an end to his career.


Here we go, more threats:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/labor-mps-fuming-as-jim-chalmers-told-to-clear-the-way-for-albanese-or-face-payback-20190522-p51q5k.html
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Dax » 23 May 2019, 09:51

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Albanese is a complete idiot just like wong, in fact they don't have anyone who has a clue, just a bunch of useless egocentric ideologues. Albaneses is one of those deranged fools who wants more refugees and migrants, he also wants to stop people under the age of 17 with being charged with a crime. He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question.


What do you hope to gain from making up lies?


Understand you find it hard to accept the facts ...


The fact is, you lied.

I totally accept that.

"He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question."

Completely false.


Naturally you will call me a liar, it's all you've got, but the truth will come out as it always does and clones will then deny they were wrong. I'm happy to accept if I'm wrong, but when you work with reliable facts, you don't haver to be right or wrong, it's the facts that count.

Albanese will get the same results as shorten gillard, rudd, howard, abbot, turdball, and morrison, nothing of worth for the future. You only have to loo at their track record and the cost to Aus with unbelievable mistakes and wastes of money to see nothing will change, just get worse. Ideologues won't and can't change, you should know that from your own life, you refuse to change and continue living in hope that the system will get it right. But so far your hope is just like the belief that god will come and save them, empty, useless and will never happen.

You probably don't think ablaneses is behind the threats to any who challenge him for the leadership. Notably he has not said a word in support of a free and open challenge, just the opposite, claiming only he can take the labor party forward. Now if that's not the sign of a crazed egocentric inadequate ideologue who to win, has to make sure no one else runs, then you've got a screw loose.
Last edited by Dax on 23 May 2019, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 09:54

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Albanese is a complete idiot just like wong, in fact they don't have anyone who has a clue, just a bunch of useless egocentric ideologues. Albaneses is one of those deranged fools who wants more refugees and migrants, he also wants to stop people under the age of 17 with being charged with a crime. He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question.


What do you hope to gain from making up lies?


Understand you find it hard to accept the facts ...


The fact is, you lied.

I totally accept that.

"He also wants to stop criminal refugees and migrants from being deported and believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question."

Completely false.


Naturally you will call me a liar ...



Well yes - you lied.

Albo has never said that he "believes we should allow anyone who arrives here to be accepted without question".

So, my question still stands: what do you hope to achieve by spreading such lies?
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 10:01

Dax wrote:You probably don't think ablaneses is behind the threats to any who challenge him for the leadership. Notably he has not said a word in support of a free and open challenge, just the opposite, claiming only he can take the labor party forward. Now if that's not the sign of a crazed egocentric inadequate ideologue who to win, has to make sure no one else runs, then you've got a screw loose.


You seem to have mistaken me for someone who thinks Albo is the right choice for opposition leader.

He's not.

If he makes it to the next election - which I doubt very much - his party will lose.

Labor are setting themselves up to be in opposition for the next 6 to 9 years.

And yes, the other potential candidates have all been threatened.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 13:22

The only criminals imported were those Rwandan murderers—taken by the Libs so they could send a few refugees to the US.

That goes against their entire stance of not letting refugees into the country! Hypocrites!

Then again, under the Libs 60K ASs have flown in on temporary work visas, disappeared and are overstaying.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55459
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Sprintcyclist » 23 May 2019, 23:20

Anthony Albanese is the new leader of the Labor Party....

It's official then ... ScoMo vs AnAl....
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 24 May 2019, 09:41

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?


The non-union element, with an end to his career.


How can the non-union element end his career? All they can do is....vote.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 09:48

Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?


The non-union element, with an end to his career.


How can the non-union element end his career? All they can do is....vote.


The non-union element of the party.

They'll keep him on the backbench.

Withdraw support at future elections.

etc.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 09:49

Sprintcyclist wrote:Anthony Albanese is the new leader of the Labor Party....

It's official then ... ScoMo vs AnAl....


Quite apt, seeing as ScoMo is fucking us all in the arse.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby Aussie » 24 May 2019, 11:31

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:Just put your candidate up......or not. Simple as that. If you Union blokes can't find a muppet, that's good.


As I said before, he's been threatened.

He won't run.


Threatened by whom and with what?


The non-union element, with an end to his career.


How can the non-union element end his career? All they can do is....vote.


The non-union element of the party.

They'll keep him on the backbench.

Withdraw support at future elections.

etc.


Why would they do that? The bloke is entitled to have a go and withdraw if he wants to. On your logic, Albo is gonna harpoon Bowen.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 11:54

It's politics, Aussie.

"politics: activities aimed at improving someone's status or increasing power within an organization."
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby johnsmith » 24 May 2019, 17:10

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
You're missing the point.

Albo is not union-friendly.


I may well be missing (or not accepting) your point.

Hawke was not Union friendly either, in the sense you are referring to. Neither was Rudd. He wanted the factional shit to stop.

Unions have an important function...fight for their Members' working conditions and pay. But.....Joe Blow detests that they over-reach into the broader political arena.

What's the legitimate beef with Albanese if it is not as simple as this......he is not one of the Union Tribe your support? Do you not see how that trickles down to the punter? It is an adverse response. The Party and the Unions have to learn the lesson of last Saturday. They got a belting. All stops need to be pulled to get up after that.

If the 'Unions' have a muppet they want to put up......put the muppet up. If not, that's that.


Didn't turn out too well for Rudd, did it?

And Hawke led the ACTU - a union man through and through.

And, unions over-reaching?

They CREATED the party.

They RUN the party.

Just as big business and organised crime run the Liberal Party.

You're starting to sound like cods.


Shorten was a union man .... fat lot of good that did him.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9974
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 19:10

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:
You're missing the point.

Albo is not union-friendly.


I may well be missing (or not accepting) your point.

Hawke was not Union friendly either, in the sense you are referring to. Neither was Rudd. He wanted the factional shit to stop.

Unions have an important function...fight for their Members' working conditions and pay. But.....Joe Blow detests that they over-reach into the broader political arena.

What's the legitimate beef with Albanese if it is not as simple as this......he is not one of the Union Tribe your support? Do you not see how that trickles down to the punter? It is an adverse response. The Party and the Unions have to learn the lesson of last Saturday. They got a belting. All stops need to be pulled to get up after that.

If the 'Unions' have a muppet they want to put up......put the muppet up. If not, that's that.


Didn't turn out too well for Rudd, did it?

And Hawke led the ACTU - a union man through and through.

And, unions over-reaching?

They CREATED the party.

They RUN the party.

Just as big business and organised crime run the Liberal Party.

You're starting to sound like cods.


Shorten was a union man .... fat lot of good that did him.


What do you mean?

It did him a LOT of good.

The only reason he remained leader right up until the election, is because he was a union man.

If he wasn't, he would have been gone years ago.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby johnsmith » 24 May 2019, 19:51

greggerypeccary wrote:What do you mean?

It did him a LOT of good.

The only reason he remained leader right up until the election, is because he was a union man.

If he wasn't, he would have been gone years ago.


the goal of those becoming the party leader is to win elections. No good leading the party otherwise.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9974
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: New Labor Leader

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 20:02

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:What do you mean?

It did him a LOT of good.

The only reason he remained leader right up until the election, is because he was a union man.

If he wasn't, he would have been gone years ago.


the goal of those becoming the party leader is to win elections. No good leading the party otherwise.


The voting public are morons.

That's neither Bill's nor the Unions' fault.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Federal election 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest