Bargain Hunt

This board is moving to a new board running different, more capable software. Please go here:

http://www.polanimal.com.au/xenforo

You will need to be issued a temporary password on the new board. Please PM HBS Guy, Aussie or mothra for one.

The new board is well worth the little bit of pain involved.

This board will remain open for users who have not posted recently to find the new board

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
Texan
Cheetah
spamone: Animal

Re: Bargain Hunt

Post by Texan »

Agness wrote:If you like collecting and rummaging around in 2nd hand shops maybe you will like this thread-

i would dearly love to own one these babies
I would like to take up quilting. I have my grandmother's 1972 New Home sewing machine. I think it's a Singer knock off. It's electric. I made a few pot holders, but in laws moving in and work have kept me from making a quilt. I'd like to make patchwork quilt curtains for the living room, and then graduate to an actual quilt. My mom quilts. She made a quilt for my granddaughter. Everyone at the baby shower was stunned. She bought a new machine that has all of the fancy stitches and does embroidery. I have a friend, whose parents are big time into quilting and have a large quilting machine. If I can make the top and supply the bottom and padding, they would be more than happy to quilt it for me. Their grandson grew up with my boys. He is now a US Marine and sews parachutes as part of his job in aircraft egress.

Lols - You did a great job on the dress and were a beautiful bride.

Texan
Cheetah

Post by Texan »

Oops! Duplicate.
Last edited by Texan on 09 Jan 2019, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

Texan
Cheetah

Post by Texan »

pinkeye wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Having said that I am sure MS Paint or some free bit of software will do it for you.
So
what comes first? the resized photo or the post. I used to go to add attachment and find the photo I wanted but when it shows up as too big.. I can't remember how to proceed from there. :h
You can resize in MS Paint. Be sure when you save it to "Save As" and change the name so that you don't copy over your original hi-def picture.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

A good way is to add “600px” to the file name if you have resized to 600pixels wide.

So “Photo1.jpg” becomes “Photo1–600px.jpg”.

Then you could shrink it down more for use as an avatar “Photo1-150px.jpg”.