tRUMPS sPEECH ON THE BORDER ISSUE WITH mEXICO!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: tRUMPS sPEECH ON THE BORDER ISSUE WITH mEXICO!

Postby Aussie » 09 Jan 2019, 14:43

Well, have watched the 'speech.' Typical Goeballs propaganda. Mention every bad thing you can think of as emotively as you can and link them in a manner to imply that they are directly down to the lack of a Wall, and that the only solution is Donald's Wall.

Donald has had two years during which he controlled everything, and he did not manage to build his Wall.

This thing has become a cynical political pissing contest, nothing more, and Trump is doing a Howard (children overboard) ~ establish a demon, and tell the populace that the only way they will be safe from the Hordes is his way.

Nah.

TAKE THE SUGAR OFF THE TABLE...RAMP UP INTELLIGENCE AND OTHER RESOURCES. A WALL IS NOT GOING TO WORK. HOW FAR OUT TO SEA DOES IT GO?
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Jan 2019, 14:50

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:President M&M.

Misinformation & Malice.

Care to elaborate? Or do you just like to hurl insults.

His speech was full of misinformation and malice.

It's not an insult - it's just the truth.

Although, I have no problem insulting an alleged child rapist who mocks disabled people on live TV.

No problem whatsoever.

So you are back to insults and you haven't produced a single sentence of misinformation from his speech. Got it.

Well, I quoted two outright lies.

Here's some misinformation:

President Trump claimed "more Americans will die from drugs this year than were killed in the entire Vietnam War."

Some 58,220 Americans died as a result of the Vietnam War. In 2017, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the number of total drug overdose deaths was 70,327.

Trump’s assertion is misleading: He is conflating the drugs coming across the US-Mexico border with total drug deaths in the US. In addition, it’s not currently known whether overdose deaths will increase or decrease when the CDC releases 2018 data later this year.

Trump’s figures do not distinguish between deaths caused by drugs smuggled into the country versus those prescribed by US doctors.

The majority of hard narcotics seized by Customs and Border Protection come through ports of entry either in packages, cargo or with people who attempt to enter the US legally. The only drug that is smuggled in higher numbers between legal entry points is marijuana, according to information from Customs and Border Protection and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jan 2019, 15:51

SethBullock wrote:You can hurl insults, but YOUR country is not connected to a landmass that allows MILLIONS of people to illegally immigrate. If YOUR country had these SAME problems, you wouldn't be hurling insults.

You guys would be singing a different tune.

You know it, and I know it.

Truth right there.

from deranged godnutter ideologue clone Seth

I told you aussies were weird!

Bloody up em'selves and whenever they go travelling they get all but spat on! :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jan 2019, 15:57

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Trump: "the federal government remains shut down for one reason and one reason only: because Democrats will not fund border security.”

That's an outright lie.

The Democrats aren't refusing to fund border security.

Trump is siding with the American people and our border security forces in defining necessary border security as a physical barrier.

The Democrats complained about the cost of a concrete wall and Trump responded with a lower cost metal slat border wall.

You are complaining about differences of perception. Most Americans want a wall. The Democrats are only trying to get Trump to abandon his biggest campaign issue to separate Trump from his voters. That's why Trump won't back down. I'd be happy if the government stayed shut down and any "non essential" employees who have not been working should find other jobs. No other employer besides government has "non essential employees".

GREG GIVES THE MARCHING ORDERS ROUND HERE MATE ... OH, AND VARIOUS OTHER GLOBALIST FORUMS AROUND THE INTERNET THAT AL PROMOTE THE SAME THING: MASS IMMIGRATION TO LOWER ALL BOATS... EXCEPT FOR THE GREEDY C***S OF COURSE :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jan 2019, 15:59

HBS Guy wrote:The shut down is already affecting the economy: people can’t get federal mortgages and business finds it hard to find capital. Farmers are not being paid their subsidies.

Back office people might be a more useful term than non–essential worker.

CRY CRY CRY :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Jan 2019, 16:53

Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Trump: "the federal government remains shut down for one reason and one reason only: because Democrats will not fund border security.”

That's an outright lie.

Trump is siding with the American people and our border security forces in defining necessary border security as a physical barrier.

The Democrats complained about the cost of a concrete wall and Trump responded with a lower cost metal slat border wall.

You are complaining about differences of perception. Most Americans want a wall. The Democrats are only trying to get Trump to abandon his biggest campaign issue to separate Trump from his voters. That's why Trump won't back down. I'd be happy if the government stayed shut down and any "non essential" employees who have not been working should find other jobs. No other employer besides government has "non essential employees".

GREG GIVES THE MARCHING ORDERS ROUND HERE MATE ... OH, AND VARIOUS OTHER GLOBALIST FORUMS AROUND THE INTERNET THAT AL PROMOTE THE SAME THING: MASS IMMIGRATION TO LOWER ALL BOATS... EXCEPT FOR THE GREEDY C***S OF COURSE :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike :rofl

No marching orders - just the truth.

Trump lied in his speech, and I've provided the proof.

Moreover, I'd like to see immigration in Australia reduced - I'm not promoting mass immigration at all.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jan 2019, 18:54

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:

That's an outright lie.

Moreover, I'd like to see immigration in Australia reduced - I'm not promoting mass immigration at all.

Bullshit greg: you love the uber economy!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Jan 2019, 19:02

SethBullock wrote:

That's an outright lie.

And you believe them? You REALLY believe the Democrats want true border security?

And I say again ...

You can hurl insults, but YOUR country is not connected to a landmass that allows MILLIONS of people to illegally immigrate. If YOUR country had these SAME problems, you wouldn't be hurling insults.

You guys would be singing a different tune.

You know it, and I know it.

Truth right there.

I DARE you to deny it. I DARE you.

from deranged godnutter ideologue clone Seth

I agree with you Seth
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Jan 2019, 19:22

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:

That's an outright lie.

I'd like to see a freeze on immigration.

For a while.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Jan 2019, 20:01

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 10 Jan 2019, 01:29

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
The illegals who killed my friends didn't overstay a Visa. They walked over my border.

I'm truly sorry that you experienced such loss, Tex. Unconditionally.

I just have to say that i am bemused that you blame immigration over gun control.

I'm sorry if i'm confusing you with another poster but someone complained about someone they loved nearly dying from meningitis, as a result of immigrants. They didn['t stop to question universal health care.

Look, it's just too easy to blame a group of people for these things, forgetting conveniently that the vast majority of people being thus demonstrated by these horrible things have no part in them, than it is to blame the root causes ... especially when those causes impact on your own way of life.

But you need to remember that you live in a gun culture. You as a nation have seriously exploited and disadvanted an entire continent to your south and that requires some recompense and seriously, your nation needs to start taking better care of people.

It's poverty that is ripping you apart. All of your money is spent on war and benefits for the top end of town.

I'd be really pissed off about that if i were an American.
mothra
Duck

Postby Texan » 10 Jan 2019, 03:15

mothra wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:But you need to remember that you live in a gun culture. You as a nation have seriously exploited and disadvanted an entire continent to your south and that requires some recompense and seriously, your nation needs to start taking better care of people.

It's poverty that is ripping you apart. All of your money is spent on war and benefits for the top end of town.

How have we exploited and disadvantaged others? How much do we send to South America and Mexico in foreign aid? That's where we need to get our border wall funds. We send them billions to fix their problems and quit exporting them to us and their politicians pocket it and screw their people and us also. We need to seal our Southern border and let these countries fix themselves. If they want to ask for help, we are here for them. All we are doing now is fueling the cartels with drug money and squelching industries in those countries by letting their people work here illegally and send money back home. Remittances are the biggest industry in several countries in South America and Mexico. That's money that could be fueling our economy if Americans had those jobs. The illegals come here and work off the record for a few years and after sending their money home, they retire like millionaires if they can avoid the cartels and crooked policia.

All of Washington is dragging their feet on the wall. The people have been clamouring for a wall for decades, but both parties have their crooked reasons for not building it. Trump went to the people demanding a wall and we elected him for that. He cannot back down and win a reelection. I won't vote for him if he backs down. I voted for him in spite of his personal life because he was the only person promising what I wanted. So far, he has done better than anybody I have ever voted for. He was worth it just for his judicial nominations. Seeing heads explode in the media has been very satisfying as well. My hope is that the Republican Party will wake up and follow Trumps lead. Trump is the result of the Tea Party after the rest of the Republican Party let us down.

El Paso TX has long been known as the safest big city in the US. Their murder rate has been very low. Around 2010-2012, they had less than 25 murders per year, while just across the Rio Grande in Juarez Mexico they were having 2-3k murders per year. What was the difference? Drug cartels run rampant and assassinate any politician that threatens them. The people are not allowed to own guns and are stuck between the cartels and corrupt policia. Anyone in El Paso who can legally own a gun can carry that gun concealed in their car. Texas has well over 1.2M people who are licensed to carry openly or concealed. These people have been background checked for criminal history, domestic violence, mental illness, child support or tax delinquency, or dishonorable discharge from military service. They have demonstrated proficiency with a firearm and been trained on concealed carry and deadly force laws. The average LTC holder commits crime at far less than 1/10 the rate of the average Texan according to data compiled and published annually by the state of Texas based on conviction records.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Sprintcyclist » 10 Jan 2019, 09:02

.............. Democrats Funded a 287 Mile Wall in Jordan – LAST YEAR! But Won’t Fund Border Wall in US!

Nancy Pelosi argued this week that “walls are immoral.”
Chuck Schumer called President Trump’s stand against open borders a “manufactured crisis!”

But less than one year ago Pelosi and Schumer approved funding on a 287 mile long border wall — in JORDAN!

Neil Munro at Breitbart.com reported at the time.

The 2018 omnibus provides just enough funds to build 33 miles of fencing on the Texas border — but it also provides $500 million to help Jordan build a wall and defense line against jihad terrorists trying to cross its 287-mile border with Iraq and Syria.

The omnibus budget says on page 394:

SEC. 9011. Up to $500,000,000 of funds appropriated by this Act for the Defense Security Cooperation Agency in ‘‘Operation and Maintenance, Defense-Wide’’ may be used to provide assistance to the Government of Jordan to support the armed forces of Jordan and to enhance security along its borders.

Democrats had no problem funding the wall in Jordan.
It was not an “immoral wall.”

And that was only 10 months ago! .................
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jan 2019, 17:57

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:

That's an outright lie.

I'd like to see a freeze on immigration.

For a while.

You're full of it: you love your slave labour!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jan 2019, 18:01

mothra wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
The illegals who killed my friends didn't overstay a Visa. They walked over my border.

I'm truly sorry that you experienced such loss, Tex. Unconditionally.

I just have to say that i am bemused that you blame immigration over gun control.

I'm sorry if i'm confusing you with another poster but someone complained about someone they loved nearly dying from meningitis, as a result of immigrants. They didn['t stop to question universal health care.

Look, it's just too easy to blame a group of people for these things, forgetting conveniently that the vast majority of people being thus demonstrated by these horrible things have no part in them, than it is to blame the root causes ... especially when those causes impact on your own way of life.

But you need to remember that you live in a gun culture. You as a nation have seriously exploited and disadvanted an entire continent to your south and that requires some recompense and seriously, your nation needs to start taking better care of people.

Why don't you be very careful about your rash judgment of the land deal with Mexico baby!

:Hi

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl (ya fucking c&&!)
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jan 2019, 18:02

Texan wrote:
mothra wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:But you need to remember that you live in a gun culture. You as a nation have seriously exploited and disadvanted an entire continent to your south and that requires some recompense and seriously, your nation needs to start taking better care of people.

How have we exploited and disadvantaged others? How much do we send to South America and Mexico in foreign aid? That's where we need to get our border wall funds. We send them billions to fix their problems and quit exporting them to us and their politicians pocket it and screw their people and us also. We need to seal our Southern border and let these countries fix themselves. If they want to ask for help, we are here for them. All we are doing now is fueling the cartels with drug money and squelching industries in those countries by letting their people work here illegally and send money back home. Remittances are the biggest industry in several countries in South America and Mexico. That's money that could be fueling our economy if Americans had those jobs. The illegals come here and work off the record for a few years and after sending their money home, they retire like millionaires if they can avoid the cartels and crooked policia.

All of Washington is dragging their feet on the wall. The people have been clamouring for a wall for decades, but both parties have their crooked reasons for not building it. Trump went to the people demanding a wall and we elected him for that. He cannot back down and win a reelection. I won't vote for him if he backs down. I voted for him in spite of his personal life because he was the only person promising what I wanted. So far, he has done better than anybody I have ever voted for. He was worth it just for his judicial nominations. Seeing heads explode in the media has been very satisfying as well. My hope is that the Republican Party will wake up and follow Trumps lead. Trump is the result of the Tea Party after the rest of the Republican Party let us down.

El Paso TX has long been known as the safest big city in the US. Their murder rate has been very low. Around 2010-2012, they had less than 25 murders per year, while just across the Rio Grande in Juarez Mexico they were having 2-3k murders per year. What was the difference? Drug cartels run rampant and assassinate any politician that threatens them. The people are not allowed to own guns and are stuck between the cartels and corrupt policia. Anyone in El Paso who can legally own a gun can carry that gun concealed in their car. Texas has well over 1.2M people who are licensed to carry openly or concealed. These people have been background checked for criminal history, domestic violence, mental illness, child support or tax delinquency, or dishonorable discharge from military service. They have demonstrated proficiency with a firearm and been trained on concealed carry and deadly force laws. The average LTC holder commits crime at far less than 1/10 the rate of the average Texan according to data compiled and published annually by the state of Texas based on conviction records.
Mothra is preaching to the internet that the land deal with Mexico was immoral......... but won't give reasons why :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jan 2019, 19:31

Texan wrote:El Paso TX has long been known as the safest big city in the US. Their murder rate has been very low. Around 2010-2012, they had less than 25 murders per year, while just across the Rio Grande in Juarez Mexico they were having 2-3k murders per year. What was the difference? Drug cartels run rampant and assassinate any politician that threatens them.

Actually, the difference is decades of corruption by Mexican authorities and government. The cartels are now to big and to powerful to stop using conventional methods, not without causing a lot of deaths ... the only way to stop the cartels now is to take away their markets and legalise drugs
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 10:12

"If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it.

"Go over it. Go around it.

"But get to the other side of the wall."
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 22:57

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:El Paso TX has long been known as the safest big city in the US. Their murder rate has been very low. Around 2010-2012, they had less than 25 murders per year, while just across the Rio Grande in Juarez Mexico they were having 2-3k murders per year. What was the difference? Drug cartels run rampant and assassinate any politician that threatens them.

Actually, the difference is decades of corruption by Mexican authorities and government. The cartels are now to big and to powerful to stop using conventional methods, not without causing a lot of deaths ... the only way to stop the cartels now is to take away their markets and legalise drugs

But the 2 cities are separated only by a knee deep river and a fence. Thousands go back and forth across the border for their daily commute. Why does the crime stay in Mexico?
Texan
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 16:18

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

But the 2 cities are separated only by a knee deep river and a fence. Thousands go back and forth across the border for their daily commute. Why does the crime stay in Mexico?

I told you, because of the corruption across the border. Honest Mexican police fear for their lives and that of their family members. The dishonest ones like the extra money that subsidizes their salaries. If the honest guys try to do anything about it, chances are that someone in their hierarchy is also being subsidized and their efforts are either for nothing, or cost them to much personally .... and so they do nothing.
US police generally aren't as concerned about cartels going after their families. They have the support of the police hierarchy and the politicos. It's a numbers game.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 17:31

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I told you, because of the corruption across the border. Honest Mexican police fear for their lives and that of their family members. The dishonest ones like the extra money that subsidizes their salaries. If the honest guys try to do anything about it, chances are that someone in their hierarchy is also being subsidized and their efforts are either for nothing, or cost them to much personally .... and so they do nothing.
US police generally aren't as concerned about cartels going after their families. They have the support of the police hierarchy and the politicos. It's a numbers game.

Right. I don't think the cartels want to threaten and murder American police. They've got a helluva good thing going as it is.

I suspect that the banking industry is infected with drug money, though. I think it gets laundered and eventually ends up in Wall Street institutions. It takes a circuitous route, creating plausible deniability for the banking industry. But the truth is, they know. I harbor dark suspicions that this corruption filters to our politicians and effects the border security debate, and it also effects how we deal with illegal drugs and addiction.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 18:08

SethBullock wrote:Right. I don't think the cartels want to threaten and murder American police. They've got a helluva good thing going as it is.

I think the US has proven many times that it willing to hit back much harder than they can, when provoked. The thought of a scud missle coming at your compound is probably enough to keep even the deadliest narco awake at night. Why push it when there is no need for them to go that far ...it's not like they aren't getting the drugs in anyway.

SethBullock wrote:I suspect that the banking industry is infected with drug money, though.

Without a doubt. Cash is no good if they can't spend it. Someone has to clean it for them.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 13 Jan 2019, 14:34

In Mexico the gringos aren't attacked, ...strictly in relation to the drugs turf wars atleast... it's the local population that is terrorsised because the tourists just fly away in a few weeks but the majority of locals basically haven't got that option.

In the end, who are they selling the drugs to?

It's anarchy, pure and simple!!

Get away from the border and the rest is just stranger danger.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Sprintcyclist » 13 Jan 2019, 20:00

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 14 Jan 2019, 07:41

This article gives an idea of the difference between USA and Aus societies, although it takes a bit of time for lots of Aussies to wake up to the lies. Seems no matter what pollies say in the USA, agaisnt all the verifiable evidence, the idiots believe the lies and never the truth. No wonder USA society is armed to the teeth they don't have a clue what the difference is between truth and lies, so they rely upon lies. Which is a great indication of the psychological state of the USA.

"Not just one, or two: How many lies a politician can tell before Australians distrust them."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 50qzo.html
Dax
Cheetah

Previous

Return to Politics