funny

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: funny

Postby SethBullock » 10 Jan 2019, 21:46

HBS Guy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Me, sort of, a troll photoshopped the head of my dog onto my shoulders:

I am standing in front of my shop. It was built in the 1930s and they loved their glazed brick back then!

If I saw your shop while visiting Australia, I'd stop in for sure! :beer

Thanks, but arthritis forced me to close the doors back in 2010.

The right window is blank there, it used to have a sign about home baking. But the homebrew side grew and pushed out the flours and mixes and the end came when after combating a weevil invasion I bought two sacks of spelt flour, $90 each if you don’t mind, that were full of weevils!

To get rid of weevils you must realise they come in your flours and grains. Put the sack in the freezer for a month then empty it into a clean bin that you can seal. The month in the freezer kills not just the weevils but their eggs.

The weevil invasion—they drill three holes in an absolute straight line through the side of cloth or paper bag when adult and ready to colonise a fresh sack—was especially bitter because we had just got on top of a mouse invasion after 12 months. The little bastards could give climbing lessons to Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tensing! I had bought a bag of cement mix thinking the bloody mice were getting in through a hole in the bottom of the wall. Nope, the bastards were coming in through a small gap between two horizontal timbers 12' high! Filled that gap with steel wool and got the ones inside with poison (traps are useless except the sticky traps work if under a low shelf, they can’t shake it off) and finally we could stop packing grain and packs where the mice couldn’t reach them.

Oh yeah, the bag of cement mix: I put it over a foot of that sign on the pavement in high wind. Only use I got out of it.

What an ordeal!
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2019, 22:17

The mouse thing got tedious fast, we would spend half an hour before closing moving Packs etc to where the mice couldn’t make it then have to move everything back to the shelves on opening.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 10 Jan 2019, 23:14

HBS Guy wrote:The mouse thing got tedious fast, we would spend half an hour before closing moving Packs etc to where the mice couldn’t make it then have to move everything back to the shelves on opening.

I had mice in the crawl space beneath my house last year. I noticed my cat was catching them but didn't think too much about it until we found mouse poop in the cupboard under the kitchen sink. They were squeezing through a little opening between the cupboard and the plumbing under the sink. I plugged the opening but we also called an exterminator. He put a bait out in a special container that had an opening that was too small for other animals. The mice would eat it and not kill them immediately. But it did poison them, and the poison had the effect of making them thirsty. Since there was no water under the house, the theory is that the dying mice would leave the crawl space in search of water and die outside rather than die and rot under the house. It pretty much worked. I say "pretty much" because it did kill the mice, but one or two died under the house and started stinking. So I let the exterminator know, and he came back and crawled around down there, found the carcasses and removed them. Btw, they also re-screened my crawl space vents which were old and damaged.

Seth

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Lols » 11 Jan 2019, 00:04

DonDeeHippy wrote:Me for the Local Hawaiian Night for new years Eve :purple

I got a wig like that too!! I wore it to the worlds biggest pub crawl up in Queensland many moons ago, for the Guiness Book of Records....I was a hit!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 11 Jan 2019, 00:17

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:Eh, screw it. It's not like I do anything illegal and I'm pretty honest and won't be caught in lies. If they want to make fun of the way I look, it's their problem. I don't have to look at myself. I'm back up with my granddaughter.

Love that picture, Texan. Yeah, screw it. I'm not going to live in fear of internet trolls.

Taken not long before I retired from full time police work. About 11 or 12 years ago.

IMG_5820.jpg

Deranged godnutter racist clone "Seth"

I like reading peoples faces, and what do I read....

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 02:10

Lols wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:Eh, screw it. It's not like I do anything illegal and I'm pretty honest and won't be caught in lies. If they want to make fun of the way I look, it's their problem. I don't have to look at myself. I'm back up with my granddaughter.

Love that picture, Texan. Yeah, screw it. I'm not going to live in fear of internet trolls.

Taken not long before I retired from full time police work. About 11 or 12 years ago.

IMG_5820.jpg

Deranged godnutter racist clone "Seth"

I like reading peoples faces, and what do I read....

Steven Wright on police ...

A cop stopped me for speeding. He said, 'Why were you going so fast?' I said, 'See this thing my foot is on? It's called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing? This steers it'

I got pulled over by a cop, and he said, 'do you know the speed limit here is 50 miles per hour?'. So I said, 'oh, that's OK, I'm not going that far.'.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"

I got my driver's license photo taken out of focus on purpose. Now when I get pulled over the cop looks at it [moving it nearer and farther, trying to see it clearly]... and says "Here, you can go."

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said "Didn't you see the stop sign." I said "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read."

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 15:46

:rofl :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:54

That one about the radar detector - I've seen people actually use that excuse.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby mothra » 11 Jan 2019, 16:01

The camo-hood is something. :b

mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Jan 2019, 16:41

Lols wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Me for the Local Hawaiian Night for new years Eve :purple

I got a wig like that too!! I wore it to the worlds biggest pub crawl up in Queensland many moons ago, for the Guiness Book of Records....I was a hit!

yup if I dress in drag , everyone's a friend at a event , usually the target of really drunk women.... I'm 6ft 3 so I guess with the beard even really drunk men don't mistake me for a female :purple :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 16:43

greggerypeccary wrote:That one about the radar detector - I've seen people actually use that excuse.

must have been a while ago since they've been banned since late 80's
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 16:45

DonDeeHippy wrote:yup if I dress in drag

:OMG

never picked you for a drag queen :rofl
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:50

mothra wrote:The camo-hood is something. :b

Lol ... Look at the dorks!

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Jan 2019, 17:00

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:yup if I dress in drag

:OMG

never picked you for a drag queen :rofl

im a drag king..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Jan 2019, 17:00

SethBullock wrote:
mothra wrote:The camo-hood is something. :b

Lol ... Look at the dorks!

I know …. imagine that as the recruiting poster :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 17:09

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:That one about the radar detector - I've seen people actually use that excuse.

Think it was earlier because I felt so rebellious having one in my gold Mazda RX7 illegally....but don't tell Seth.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 19:29

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Think it was earlier because I felt so rebellious having one in my gold Mazda RX7 illegally....but don't tell Seth.

I started driving in about 86 - 87, and they were still legal (in NSW) .It was soon after that they were banned though.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 13:06

rain.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 13:12

losing.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 16:05

SethBullock wrote:
rain.jpg

is that unusual in the USA Seth? :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2019, 16:11

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
rain.jpg

is that unusual in the USA Seth? :roll

Not in my neck of the woods, that's for sure.

"Rain creates wet roads" , Lol.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 16:15

Kinda like this?

"This is a tough hurricane," he said in front of the White House, "one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water."

:bgrin
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 14 Jan 2019, 17:52

Your shadow.jpg

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 15 Jan 2019, 13:21

mothra
Duck