30, 000 murders in Mexico this year!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

30, 000 murders in Mexico this year!

Postby Bongalong » 06 Nov 2019, 01:38

Mexico’s president Andrés Manuel López Obrador has turned away from the militarized anti-narcotics tactics of his predecessors which failed to stop organized crime and led to widespread human rights abuses. The president, widely known as Amlo, vowed to “pacify” the country by waging war on the social roots of crime, but his strategy has so far failed to reign in the violence, and in the first nine months of this year, Mexico suffered an average of close to 100 murders a day.

Julian LeBaron described the incident as a “massacre”, saying some family members were burned alive. In a text message, he said other injured members of the family were being transported to Phoenix for treatment. He said four boys, two girls and three women were killed.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/05/five-members-of-family-including-children-die-in-mexico-gun-attack
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: 30, 000 murders in Mexico this year!

Postby SethBullock » 07 Nov 2019, 13:24

Mexico has turned into a failed state, really. I think the tentacles of the narco terrorists are wrapped tight around that country.

People in the U.S. are talking about the U.S. taking action on its own.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing a "Baghdadi" on those cartel leaders to tell you the truth.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2019, 14:11

Nine members of a breakaway set of Mormons (wanted to keep polygamy) living in Mexico were shot and burned alive by members of a cartel—probably a case of mistaken identity.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 07 Nov 2019, 14:50

SethBullock wrote:Mexico has turned into a failed state, really. I think the tentacles of the narco terrorists are wrapped tight around that country.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing a "Baghdadi" on those cartel leaders to tell you the truth.

Meaning what, exactly? :?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 07 Nov 2019, 14:51

HBS Guy wrote:Nine members of a breakaway set of Mormons (wanted to keep polygamy) living in Mexico were shot and burned alive by members of a cartel—probably a case of mistaken identity.

Where did it say that?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 07 Nov 2019, 17:03

"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 08 Nov 2019, 09:52

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Mexico has turned into a failed state, really. I think the tentacles of the narco terrorists are wrapped tight around that country.

Meaning, he'd like to see the US Special Forces go in and kill the drug lords.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 08 Nov 2019, 13:31

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Yes. And the bankers who launder their money.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 08 Nov 2019, 14:16

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

I don't condone premeditated murder under any circumstances.

However, the world would be a hell of a lot better off without those Mexican drug lords, and all their violent goons.

There's just too much money involved, unfortunately, which means they can pay off just about everybody.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Nov 2019, 15:05

Legalise drugs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 08 Nov 2019, 16:59

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Wow...
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 08 Nov 2019, 17:00

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

The plot thickens.. ....
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 08 Nov 2019, 17:02

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

I don't condone premeditated murder under any circumstances.

However, the world would be a hell of a lot better off without those Mexican drug lords, and all their violent goons.

There's just too much money involved, unfortunately, which means they can pay off just about everybody.

So, what you're saying is?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 08 Nov 2019, 17:02

HBS Guy wrote:Legalise drugs.

Really!?!?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 08 Nov 2019, 19:38

you'll never stop the drug lords unless you make drugs legal ... some of them big cartels make more money than most countries economies.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Nov 2019, 04:35

yup prohibition doesn't work, just lets in dodgy life threating product and makes organized crime very powerful. Just look what happened in America in the 1920's when they prohibited Alcohol.
The biggest problem with the Mexican crime lords is they make most of their money from America, so id guess that if Mexico legalized drugs, the cartels would still be very rich because of the USA :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Nov 2019, 08:38

Yup. Meantime, I cannot get medical marijuana to help with joint pain (heh mj. . joint pain.)

Right arm has started hurting a LOT more lately, probably means I need to buy illegal mj! Makes sense to some.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 18 Nov 2019, 22:06

HBS Guy wrote:Yup. Meantime, I cannot get medical marijuana to help with joint pain (heh mj. . joint pain.)

Right arm has started hurting a LOT more lately, probably means I need to buy illegal mj! Makes sense to some.

I was buying hemp oil capsules, from Sisters of the Valley in California.
They have marijuana properties in it without the THC, and worked so well if you have insomnia, depression etc. Was brilliant stuff.
Mind you, it wasn't cheap, by the time I pay for our oz dollar difference and postage. But was worth it!
Then.....I can't order it anymore, put in a wait list, then find out the Sisters of The Valley were told to stop producing it for some reason.

So when there's something good, it gets stopped by....?....someone in high places...?....that yield some authority?.... that don't want us mere peons to benefit from something good and natural???
Pisses me off. Imagine all the good we could have and all the stuff we don't even know about that's good that has been blocked from getting to us.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Chuck » 19 Nov 2019, 00:14

DonDeeHippy wrote:yup prohibition doesn't work, just lets in dodgy life threating product and makes organized crime very powerful. Just look what happened in America in the 1920's when they prohibited Alcohol.
The Americans solved this problems by allowing them to become politicians

The Kennedy's

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 19 Nov 2019, 00:16

DonDeeHippy wrote:yup prohibition doesn't work, just lets in dodgy life threating product and makes organized crime very powerful. Just look what happened in America in the 1920's when they prohibited Alcohol.
The biggest problem with the Mexican crime lords is they make most of their money from America, so id guess that if Mexico legalized drugs, the cartels would still be very rich because of the USA :purple

Lol, you want Mexico to legalise drugs?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Nov 2019, 02:53

Mexico, US, Australia etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 19 Nov 2019, 18:29

Bongalong wrote:

Lol, you want Mexico to legalise drugs?

the mexican drug lords markets aren't in mexico.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Saterfiel » 19 Nov 2019, 22:29

They sure do fight for supremacy in Mexico though, do they not?
Saterfiel
Kitten

Postby hatty » 20 Nov 2019, 10:11

yup

legalise the drugs...... fucking tax the shit out of them if need be.

like we do with pokies.

all prohibition has done is make a shit tonne of very bad fuckwits insanely violent and wealthy.

while at the same time letting our kids die from said unregulated drugs (which they are still gonna take) and the resulting violence..... which they cannot always be protected from.

see: Al Capone,

or on the flip side...... Portugal's approach
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 23 Nov 2019, 08:29

hatty wrote:yup

legalise the drugs...... fucking tax the shit out of them if need be.

like we do with pokies.

all prohibition has done is make a shit tonne of very bad fuckwits insanely violent and wealthy.

while at the same time letting our kids die from said unregulated drugs (which they are still gonna take) and the resulting violence..... which they cannot always be protected from.

see: Al Capone,

or on the flip side...... Portugal's approach
The Shanghai Opium solution was to placate the Chinese population and keep them under control. If the dopes died, it was simply viewed as evolution in progress.

These modern drugs have the opposite effect and endanger other members of the population. So we need another approach to safer guard the rest of the community.

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Next

Return to Politics