Are some cultures better than others?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Are some cultures better than others?

Postby Auggie » 11 Apr 2018, 16:47

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vBJCMD69w&index=18&list=PLIBtb_NuIJ1zs1gI2nYdZk6wL606nGOQ9[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/m9vBJCMD69w?list=PLIBtb_NuIJ1zs1gI2nYdZk6wL606nGOQ9[/youtube]
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

spamone: Animal

Re: Are some cultures better than others?

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:40

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vBJCMD69w&index=18&list=PLIBtb_NuIJ1zs1gI2nYdZk6wL606nGOQ9[/youtube]
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:41

Nope. Buggered if i know why it's not working.
mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 11 Apr 2018, 17:46

Monk?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Apr 2018, 19:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vBJCM ... wL606nGOQ9

delete everything from “&feature=” and it works.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Auggie » 12 Apr 2018, 10:56

Thanks
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Kunning » 14 Jul 2018, 19:25

That depends, Auggie. Are they tinted?
Kunning
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 14 Jul 2018, 19:51

Kunning wrote:That depends, Auggie. Are they tinted?

Did they have an alphabet?
mothra
Duck

Postby Kunning » 14 Jul 2018, 20:17

mothra wrote:

What's that got to do with anything, Mothra? Your Boong invented a stick. No one's krapping on about that.
Kunning
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 14 Jul 2018, 20:19

Kunning wrote:
mothra wrote:

What's that got to do with anything, Mothra? Your Boong invented a stick. No one's krapping on about that.

They made good slaves.

I don't know if that's because they're tinted or because they couldn't read their contracts.
mothra
Duck

Postby Kunning » 14 Jul 2018, 20:35

mothra wrote:
Kunning wrote:
mothra wrote:

They made good slaves.

I don't know if that's because they're tinted or because they couldn't read their contracts.

They made terrible slaves. Your Boong would only work when he felt like it, and he was always disappearing to go "on walkabout". Frightful state of affairs.

Now your Chinese coolie- he could work. A bit of opium and he'd do whatever you like. Build you a road, carry you into town to do your shopping, and poison your wells to keep the Boongs away.

The only way you can get a Gollywog or a Tree-Monkey to do anything is to chain him up at night and keep the lash close to his back.
Kunning
Jack Russell

Postby Auggie » 14 Jul 2018, 23:11

Both of you seem to be conflating race with culture.

That what racist people did.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 15 Jul 2018, 02:38

Ban us.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 15 Jul 2018, 02:45

In any event, culturalist is just a pseudo-intellectual twist on racism built largely on semantics.

Once again, Auggie, you shift uncomfortably from your reflection.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Jul 2018, 08:03

This cultural diversity crap to excuse racism, reminds me years ago , all the IQ stuff that was going on. :thumb
DonDeeHippy
Feral cat

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Jul 2018, 08:05

mothra wrote:Ban us.

haha u said anus :yahoo
DonDeeHippy
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Jul 2018, 11:25

Was that trying to get past the swear filter? Oh, we don’t have one!

:purple :yellow :purple
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Auggie » 15 Jul 2018, 18:20

mothra wrote:In any event, culturalist is just a pseudo-intellectual twist on racism built largely on semantics.

Once again, Auggie, you shift uncomfortably from your reflection.

So, do you know the difference between culture and race? Because you've seem to completely misunderstood what I've said.

Again, race is unchangeable; culture is not unchangeable.

Are you implying that people culture is fixed and static? That a white man will always have white culture (whatever that means) and likewise a Japanese person?? Because it seems as though you are implying that there is no separation between race and culture.

Once again, Mothra, you shift uncomfortably from your reflection.
Last edited by Auggie on 15 Jul 2018, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 15 Jul 2018, 18:21

DonDeeHippy wrote:This cultural diversity crap to excuse racism, reminds me years ago , all the IQ stuff that was going on. :thumb

The IQ stuff that was going on Don was about race and intellect.

Surely, you know the difference between race and culture, don't you? Have you ever seen or witnessed a black person speak and think like a Chinese person? I have. This person is Chinese. Are you saying that they're not because they're not Chinese???
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Aussie » 15 Jul 2018, 18:33

Auggie wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:This cultural diversity crap to excuse racism, reminds me years ago , all the IQ stuff that was going on. :thumb

The IQ stuff that was going on Don was about race and intellect.

Surely, you know the difference between race and culture, don't you? Have you ever seen or witnessed a black person speak and think like a Chinese person? I have. This person is Chinese. Are you saying that they're not because they're not Chinese???

That brings to mind a great example. Wanted an air con bloke to replace a unit on the way out. Bloke turns up for a quote......black as the ace of spades! I am thinking that this is not going to end well.

Yet, instead of some strange accent which I likely would not understand.....out came perfect English.

Something about a 'melting pot.'

Same with TIB in India. She is Indian, yet has an Aussie accent.....no Indian lilt whatsoever. That is how we caught those Indian shysters out every time.
:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 15 Jul 2018, 20:11

Auggie wrote:Have you ever seen or witnessed a black person speak and think like a Chinese person?

does a black person eating sushi count?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 15 Jul 2018, 20:14

Aussie wrote:
That brings to mind a great example. Wanted an air con bloke to replace a unit on the way out. Bloke turns up for a quote......black as the ace of spades! I am thinking that this is not going to end well.

Yet, instead of some strange accent which I likely would not understand.....out came perfect English.

I got caught like that once, learnt a valuable lesson. Mum wanted to know what stop to get off on a bus in Rome. She wanted to ask the chinese guy sitting behind her. I tasked her why in a bus full of Romans sjhe would pick the only chinese guy? he spoke better italian than I. Not a trace of an accent. That taught me to shut my mouth.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 15 Jul 2018, 20:39

No shifting uncomfortably for me, Auggie. I don't think about other living beings or groups of other living beings in terms of superiority and inferiority. Nor am i attempting to justify doing so by giving the same thing a different name.

You know what kind of people do that?
mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 15 Jul 2018, 20:55

mothra wrote:No shifting uncomfortably for me, Auggie. I don't think about other living beings or groups of other living beings in terms of superiority and inferiority. Nor am i attempting to justify doing so by giving the same thing a different name.

You know what kind of people do that?

And once again, you have failed to understand anything that I've said. You seem to be conflating race with culture. I don't know why. One is socially constructed, the other isn't.

Why do you passionately speak against about the social structure of the patriarchy and the culture 'toxic masculinity' as being evil, yet refuse to recognise that a culture like one in Saudi Arabia (where women are treated like second class citizens) is no less worse than Australian culture??

But, I actually think what you're actually doing here is playing the man. You seem to think there's some esoteric meaning behind my words, as though it's all code for 'racism'. Fair enough, seems you're already convinced, no matter how many times I tell you otherwise.

BTW, you did emphatically state you thought you were superior to Donald Trump. So, you seem happy to believe that you're superior to other people, but when someone points out that the beliefs and values of a group of individuals who share those values are better, you seem to straight away think this is evil or racist?

Is this because you actually support the Saudi regime??
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 15 Jul 2018, 20:58

I don't place living beings in hierarchies. I don't judge by the best or worst. I discourage the worst and encourage the best.

But you just keep on telling them how much better you are than them. That always works.
mothra
Duck

Next

Return to Politics