Rape marriage laws - colonial not Islam

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Rape marriage laws - colonial not Islam

Postby pinkeye » 14 May 2018, 23:56

Yeah so, if you ARE in the area, ie Surfers, and the Wax Museum is still there, you really should check it out.

My Wax Museum existed before the one in Surfers. It was in Melbourne ( St Kilda) originally, from 1970, and then moved to the border town of Echuca, where it was an amazing attraction for 25 yrs. But the folks got too old, and it was sold. I must say, these models from our Museum were hugely superior to the ones on show in Surfers at the time. Truly amazing work. Some, but not all, come from the same artists as Madame Tussauds in London.

THE BETTER ONES , and there were many, were made by hand, by ONE man from Melbourne, who was a big name in television production believe it or not.
My folks had actual live masks made from John Gorton, Paul Hogan, Rolf Harris and John Farnham.

Believe it or not.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 15 May 2018, 00:03

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Yeah good old Vlad the Impaler. He mainly picked on Muslims and witches didn't he? Or anyone else he didn't like of course.

Apparently he was terrible to invaders and criminals, but great with his people. The general populace loved him and he treated them well. Crime rates were very low while Vlad ruled.

Invaders=Muslims. Criminals=everyone else he didn't like.

You can bet crime rates were low :bgrin :yahoo :grn
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 15 May 2018, 00:37

johnsmith wrote: Once the figured it out, they quickly learnt to milk it. Now nearly every town or city within 200km claims to have had some sort of relationship to Dracul

Hilarious. You gotta love locals. It's nice when they can make a buck off stupid but thoroughly willing tourists.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 15 May 2018, 07:43

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote: Once the figured it out, they quickly learnt to milk it. Now nearly every town or city within 200km claims to have had some sort of relationship to Dracul

Hilarious. You gotta love locals. It's nice when they can make a buck off stupid but thoroughly willing tourists.

went to one house in a city not to far from there and there was a sign 'dracul's house' outside an old house that was open to tourists ... once we dug deeper it turned out that the closest that place ever got to being vlads house was that he MAY have stopped there for a drink and to water his horses while heading to another destination :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

gotta love em. :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 15 May 2018, 07:45

pinkeye wrote:Invaders=Muslims. Criminals=everyone else he didn't like.

all invaders ... mostly turks yes, but if they didn't want to become human shish kebabs they shouldn't have tried to invade someone else's territory.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 15 May 2018, 10:01

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:The vaunted western christian world has much to answer for, historically, and TODAY.

The 'vaunted christian world' is responsible for some of history's worst atrocities, as well as some of the worst treatment of a fellow human being imaginable.
Google religious torture devices if you want to see just how morbid the religious nutters are

Nah thanks.
My folks had a Wax Museum (believe it or not), and amongst the displays were what were called dioramas. They were actually made by the great-grand son of the Madame Tussaud,. His name was Hugh.

He created a number of themed dioramas, in miniature, including Australiana, and Folk/Fairy tales. But the most amazing of all were the dioramas of Tortures of the Medieval age. It had them in abundance. The Rack, The Press, The Wheel, The Razor, The Iron Boot, The Gibbet ,The Mare's Bridle, Madame Guillotine,etc etc.. all littleteeny people in dire straits. Occams Razor.. mind-boggling.

Yeah definitely a one-of-a-kind collection.
Human size they had all the greats as well.

When they died, most of this went to Surfers Paradise, .. the Wax Museum there. Check it out.. if it's still there. I keep meaning to visit the folks who run it again, but I hate driving down to the Coast.

What the Crusaders did in the 'Holy Land' as they call it, was just so appalling, it would have probably been better for the World, if they'd lost. :roll

Crusaders also killed and looted in Constantinople, thinking the Christian inhabitants there were “heathens” and so weakened it that it fell to the Ottomans a couple centuries later.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 15 May 2018, 12:14

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:FD will be absolutely devastated if he were to read that.

I am desperately hoping that his (and other's) attention is drawn to it.

You;ll have to get Aussie or monk to post it on ozpol for you.

If he was, you've just blown it ... dickhead ... :oops

:grn :grn :grn

Stuffed if I can see what has been blown or what there is to groan about.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 15 May 2018, 12:56

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

went to one house in a city not to far from there and there was a sign 'dracul's house' outside an old house that was open to tourists ... once we dug deeper it turned out that the closest that place ever got to being vlads house was that he MAY have stopped there for a drink and to water his horses while heading to another destination :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

gotta love em. :grn

I have an ancestor who was Prussian. Came to Australia claiming he was a Count. My great aunts used to go on about him, being all blue-blood and stuff. They were ever so proud.

Anyway my dad researched the family history. Turns out he was a petty criminal on the lam. Lived his life here poor but with class.

He's one of my favourite ancestors.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 16 May 2018, 03:17

Well, my father's line has been traced back to King Charles the Second. He was a Sir, when the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was the favourite royal dog. My MUM always had one. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 16 May 2018, 07:39

pinkeye wrote:Well, my father's line has been traced back to King Charles the Second. He was a Sir, when the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was the favourite royal dog. My MUM always had one. :roll

all bow in the presence of royalty
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 17 May 2018, 02:06

on your knees, peasants. :scare
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 17 May 2018, 12:38

I have an ancestor who was Prussian.

My Great Grandparents on my maternal Grandmother's side were Prussians. Just ordinary bums.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Previous

Return to Off Topic