New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Sep 2018, 11:59

A layman’s view of the Feldman paper:

https://phys.org/news/2015-02-carbon-dioxide-greenhouse-effect.html

Be hard for you to grasp this article, Booby, but I suggest you try.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Sep 2018, 12:39

Ice Age ahahahaha, we won’t see glaciation for 100,000 years. Poor little dupe. Read some physics, idiot!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 16 Sep 2018, 18:10

And so - Monk is forced to confront reality - read on -

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/fros ... ght/528497

Frost damage dashes farmers' hopes of record harvest,
as Perth shivers through chilly night.

By Gian De Poloni, Sunday September 16, 2018 - 14:25 EST
ABC licensed image
Nyabing farmer Scott Crosby's grain crop was hit hard by frost overnight. - ABC licensed

A record-breaking cold spell in Western Australia's agricultural heartland has shattered farmers' hopes of enjoying a bumper crop harvest.

Temperatures in the southern Wheatbelt dipped between 0 and minus 5 degrees Celsius on both Saturday and Sunday morning, while the Great Southern town of Newdegate recorded its lowest-ever temperature of minus 4.3 degrees.

Farmers woke to discover heavy frost gripping their wheat and barley crops, which were expected to deliver a combined 14 million tonne harvest this year.

Kojonup farmer Dan Ladyman, whose property is about 260 kilometres south-east of Perth, said the frost was fierce and widespread.

"First impressions was that it was obviously pretty severe," he said.

"It wasn't like the shadows were just frosted, it was a complete white out."

He said any significant damage to his crops would become apparent in the coming days.

"We probably expect to see a bit of damage in the canola and lupins that have been flowering, and hopefully nothing with the cereals because they aren't flowering yet for us," Mr Ladyman said.

"For us, in another two of three weeks when we're flowering is when we definitely don't want to be having (frost).

"But that's the game that we're in — we've just got the learn to be able to ride it out if it does happen."

Nyabing farmer Scott Crosby reported major damage on his cereal crops.

"It's not going to be a fun harvest," he said.

"There was some comment that it wouldn't be too bad because the crop is late, but not much likes minus 5 degrees regardless of the crop stage.

"What we need is rain ASAP to help reduce the damage. If it stays dry, the damage will be great."

Bureau of Meteorology duty forecaster Darryl Vink said a less severe frost event was expected in the coming week.

"We've got a cold front approaching the South West this evening — so a bit more wind and bit more cloud preventing the risk of anything extreme in terms of frost," he said.

"But then there is another high ridge of high pressure developing with cold wind, light winds and clear skies on Tuesday morning.

"So there's a moderate frost potential through the central Wheatbelt and Great Southern on Tuesday morning."

In Perth, temperatures fell to 2.8 degrees on Sunday morning, the coldest September low since 2015.

Jandakot temperatures slumped to 1.9 degrees, while the mercury reached just 1.6 degrees in the Swan Valley.

Perth's coldest ever September day was in 2008, when the temperature plunged to 1 degree.

- ABC

© ABC 2018
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Sep 2018, 18:15

So, what caused the frost Booby? Dry air?

Did you read that there will not be any glaciation for 100,000 years?

Have you investigated if Antarctic cold fronts etc can reach us more easily due to the weakened and chaotic Southern Jet Stream? Or are you just wanking on with “Local cold so ice age?” You DID note the hot NH summer just passed? What caused that?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 16 Sep 2018, 18:24

HBS Guy wrote:So, what caused the frost Booby? Dry air?

Did you read that there will not be any glaciation for 100,000 years?

Have you investigated if Antarctic cold fronts etc can reach us more easily due to the weakened and chaotic Southern Jet Stream? Or are you just wanking on with “Local cold so ice age?” You DID note the hot NH summer just passed? What caused that?

Robert Felix will answer all your questions:

Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 16 Sep 2018, 18:29

Have you found a new snake oil man Bobby? Ditched DuByne?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Sep 2018, 18:31

Just another scammer.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 16 Sep 2018, 18:37

HBS Guy wrote:Just another scammer.

Robert Felix was the original man who saw through the global warming nonsense of Al Gore - your hero.

The mini ice age has already started -
& wow - it's getting colder fast - faster than anyone expected.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 16 Sep 2018, 18:38

I have not looked him up yet. Maybe Bobby can tell us all about him?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Sir Bobby » 16 Sep 2018, 18:48

Aussie wrote:

I have not looked him up yet. Maybe Bobby can tell us all about him?

Hi Aussie,
seek and ye shall find -

it's all here for you:

https://www.iceagenow.info/
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 16 Sep 2018, 19:04

Dear oh dear Bobby! How do you get drawn to these crackpots?

Link.

Robert W. Felix is a crank extraordinaire promoting his own brand of Earth changes, which acts as a framework that he can shoehorn various other types of crankery into. All of his "theories" revolve around pole shifts and cosmic rays.

An architect to boot.

:grn
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Sep 2018, 19:18

Again with the Al Gore bullshit. It is a sign you have no arguments, Booby. It show your case doesn’t stand up under its own weight let alone any counter agruments.

There will be no glaciation for 100,000 years. AGW is accelerating. In the AGW board I just posted a paper how pink algae can colonise the film of meltwater on the ice, thereby darkening the ice and speeding the ice melt.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Sep 2018, 19:27

From Aussie’s linked article:

The "news" section seems to exist mostly to document any time at which a snowflake falls anywhere in the world (proof of the coming ice age!) and parrot whatever the latest denialist idiocy is, usually something from Piers Corbyn or Tim Ball. He also hawks his thoroughly "researched" books here.

Local cold = global cooling bullshit.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Sep 2018, 04:56

Look at this complete idiocy posted by Booby in the Dubyne MRB:

• Cosmic Rays increases
• Cosmic rays triggering volcanoes
• Magnetic reversals
• Increased volcanism and underwater volcanoes effecting the climate
• 3 million underwater volcanoes heating the oceans
• Declining sea levels

Cosmic rays triggering volcanoes. So CRs penetrated deep underground do they Booby? And when there melt gigatons of rock into lava do they Booby? If they could—CRs would have long ag wiped the surface of the planet clean of life!

Magnetic reversals—an idea fixé of the idiot Felix. These happen, don’t cause any huge problems.

Volcanoes, if big enough, cause some minor and temporary cooling. Scammers like Dubyne make a big deal out of them—always a volcano somewhere but they make little enough impact. Just enough to be noticed with scientific instruments.

Volcanoes, of course, are a handy excuse for all sorts of things: Antarctic ice is melting more than new ice forms—must be volcanoes. Now it is volcanoes heating the oceans? Bullshit: the volcanoes have always been on the Mid Ocean Ridges (Iceland is a part of the Atlantic MOR that is above sea level) and are not the main source of heating as that is only in the top 2000metres, mainly the top 700 metres.

Declining sea levels—except sea levels are rising, faster and faster.

What an idiot Booby is, what a fucking moron to solemnly watch all these bullshit videos and believe all the crap spewed up in them. Utterly worthless rubbish.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 17 Sep 2018, 21:59

Monk doesn't understand.

Meanwhile:
https://www.3aw.com.au/melbournes-big-f ... rd-broken/

29/08/2018
Temperatures have fallen below zero across much of Melbourne as our freezing end to winter intensifies.
The CBD has had its equal-coldest morning since June last year, dropping to 0.8° about 6am.
But things are more dramatic at Melbourne Airport where the minimum of -1.9° —
the coldest late-winter morning in more than 50 years,
according to the weather bureau — has forced ground staff to de-frost plans at Tullamarine.
Elsewhere around Melbourne:
Coldstream: -3.6°
Viewbank: -2.4°
Scoresby: -2.1°
Brighton: 0°

Saturday 15th September 2018 was - a few days ago -
was very cold in Melbourne.
I think the temperature in the morning was 4 degrees & 85% humidity.
It was back to winter temperatures.
I had a T shirt, a brushed cotton shirt, 2 jumpers,
a beanie & a scarf and I was still cold, even inside.
I was at a friend's place for a while & their gas heater had broken down.
They were sitting on the couch with blankets over them.

Is this really global warming in spring?

We did get a hot day on the Friday, the day before that - it reached 24 degrees & was great.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 17 Sep 2018, 22:50

Sir Bobby wrote:Monk doesn't understand.

says the idiot going on about ice ages :rofl :rofl :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Sep 2018, 05:34

Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold. Local cold.

Nothing to do with global temperature trends. Nothing is provided in the way of weather systems. I keep pointing the idiot to the Southern Jet Stream being weak and allowing Antarctic air and extreme cold fronts to reach us. That would be thinking tho and that is hard. Much easier to just uncritically watch dodgy YouTubes by people who know nothing about science, climate etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 18 Sep 2018, 16:54

HBS Guy wrote:Local cold.
Nothing to do with global temperature trends. Nothing is provided in the way of weather systems. I keep pointing the idiot to the Southern Jet Stream being weak and allowing Antarctic air and extreme cold fronts to reach us. That would be thinking tho and that is hard. Much easier to just uncritically watch dodgy YouTubes by people who know nothing about science, climate etc.

Monk,
If you would have bothered to read my mini ice age thread -
it wasn't a local event - it covered all of Victoria - (not just Melbourne,)
southern NSW & even Perth.
All the ski resorts are still doing well in Spring - plenty of snow.
You would also found out how NZ is covered in snow on the South Island.

So don't talk about local cold as though one small place got cold.

You can't ignore contrary evidence to global warming.

If you apologise I might let you & Aussie back into the environment forum.
It's up to you.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 18 Sep 2018, 17:11

Bobby it is entirely up to you whether or not you lift your hypocritical ban....it is also entirely open to me not to post there if I choose. I am not happy about being your toy to play with.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Sep 2018, 17:16

It is still local cold. Have you researched the weather system (cold front etc) that brought that local cold? Does the weaker Southern Jet Stream allow these Antarctic air/systems to reach us more easily?

That would be thinking, that would be research, much easier just to watch a dodgy YouTube by a smooth talking snake oil seller. A cold night, regardless of cause—Ice Age! Most of Australia being hot in April, most of Australia having a warm winter—no mention.

You are a joke.

You are also no Mod so you can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse, you fairy!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Sep 2018, 18:45

Proof of the ice age:

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 18 Sep 2018, 19:46

Aussie wrote:Dear oh dear Bobby! How do you get drawn to these crackpots?

bobby is drawn to them like flies to shit.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Sir Bobby » 19 Sep 2018, 00:41

HBS Guy wrote:It is still local cold. Have you researched the weather system (cold front etc) that brought that local cold? Does the weaker Southern Jet Stream allow these Antarctic air/systems to reach us more easily?

That would be thinking, that would be research, much easier just to watch a dodgy YouTube by a smooth talking snake oil seller. A cold night, regardless of cause—Ice Age! Most of Australia being hot in April, most of Australia having a warm winter—no mention.

You are a joke.

You are also no Mod so you can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse, you fairy!

You're a nasty bastard Monk,
abusive and always an answer for everything -
"the weaker Southern Jet Stream "
as though you know something that the rest of us don't.

I present the facts not some weird theory with no links & expect everyone else to believe me.

Then your fan boys like Aussie & Smith back you up like some pair of Gerry Gee dolls -
your little well trained puppets.

I admire people who go outside the mainstream of current thinking -
people who can think for themselves -
not slaves to the media & what is rammed down their throat every day.

I honestly don't know if the climate is cooling or warming but I'm prepared to
take all evidence & add it to the equation.
We've had some extraordinary cold weather in the Southern hemisphere this winter
50 year records - & it's not letting go in Spring -
just as David DuByne & Robert Felix predicted -
in fact it's happened faster than even they predicted -
they weren't expecting the worst of it till 2030.
I hope you freeze your arse off in Tassie -
you deserve it for being such an arse clown.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Sep 2018, 00:50

I have posted links, not my fault if you won’t read them.

I you want YouTubes only search for Dr Jenifer Sanders, expert on the Jet Streams.

But the Jet Streams used to be strong and fast and regular.

Part of the Northern Jet Stream blew along the Mediterranean! Put moist air over the Arabian Peninsula. Snake oil seller Dubyne would have had a video about the Arabian desert covered with lots of little lakes between the sand dunes? AGW created those lakes: that bit of the Jet Stream and two storms arose in the West Arabian Gulf for the first time ever. One went over the Arabian Pen. and with the moisture there created heavy rain. That snow was likely an effect of desert cold on the remnants of moisture in the air there, not a sign of an ice age.

I wonder if there will be another melt episode in the Arctic this coming NH winter?

Dubyne is lying to you and I really hope you aren’t donating too much to him: you want men you think are leaders (Dubyne, FD being two) and I think you are donating so Dubyne pats you on the head occasionally. You are so gullible.

And you can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 19 Sep 2018, 00:57

HBS Guy wrote:I have posted links, not my fault if you won’t read them.

I you want YouTubes only search for Dr Jenifer Sanders, expert on the Jet Streams.

But the Jet Streams used to be strong and fast and regular.

Part of the Northern Jet Stream blew along the Mediterranean! Put moist air over the Arabian Peninsula. Snake oil seller Dubyne would have had a video about the Arabian desert covered with lots of little lakes between the sand dunes? AGW created those lakes: that bit of the Jet Stream and two storms arose in the West Arabian Gulf for the first time ever. One went over the Arabian Pen. and with the moisture there created heavy rain. That snow was likely an effect of desert cold on the remnants of moisture in the air there, not a sign of an ice age.

I wonder if there will be another melt episode in the Arctic this coming NH winter?

Dubyne is lying to you and I really hope you aren’t donating too much to him: you want men you think are leaders (Dubyne, FD being two) and I think you are donating so Dubyne pats you on the head occasionally. You are so gullible.

And you can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse.

Monkey boy,
You're lucky that I even make a few posts on your piss poor board.
I'm a celebrity compared to you -
you're nothing but a banned pariah on every forum you try to post at.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit