In explosive interview, Trump slags Theresa May's Brexit

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

In explosive interview, Trump slags Theresa May's Brexit

Postby Squire » 13 Jul 2018, 11:42

Trump is the biggest idiot amongst world leaders.

His stupidity in this instance has offended both the UK and Europe.

It's about time the world leaders took a stand against Trump and hit back. Trump can't keep slapping their faces forever. The US wouldn't tolerate interference in its politics by other world leaders.

Trump leaves a burning bag of dog poop on every world leader's doorstep.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-theresa-may-brexit-proposal-will-kill-uk-us-trade-deal-2018-7

In explosive interview, Trump says Theresa May's Brexit plan will 'kill' a US-UK trade deal
Rob Price

President Donald Trump has said British Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit plans will "probably kill" any US-UK trade deal.
The US president made an explosive intervention into British politics in an interview with The Sun published Thursday.
His remarks seem certain to cause political chaos in the UK and could imperil the prime minister's leadership.
President Donald Trump has said British Prime Minister Theresa May's proposed Brexit plan will "probably kill" off any chance of a UK-US trade deal.

Trump's remarks, made in a bombshell interview with The Sun published Thursday during his first visit to Britain as US president, are an explosive intervention into British politics that seem likely to cause political chaos and imperil the prime minister as she attempts to negotiate Britain's exit from the European Union.

May's proposal was finalized Friday and quickly sparked a slew of high-profile political resignations from her Cabinet, including Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and Brexit Secretary David Davis, over concerns the plans would leave the UK too closely linked to the EU.

"If they do a deal like that, we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the UK, so it will probably kill the deal," Trump said, according to The Sun.
Squire
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Re: In explosive interview, Trump slags Theresa May's Brexit

Postby greggerypeccary » 13 Jul 2018, 12:04

Imagine what it must be like for other world leaders to be in the room with Trump.

It must be extremely frustrating.

It would be like a room full of doctors trying to discuss medicine with a petrol station attendant.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 12:48

trumps a fool. Only bigger fools like moronic think he's any good.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 19:06

I have to say: I actually approve of Trump's actions here. He's calling out the soft-Brexiteers, and publicly condemning the new deal. This isn't something that most politicians would've done. Too often, politicians are constrained by the rules of elitism and global politics, and it's refreshing to hear a world leader stand up to this.
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 19:07

johnsmith wrote:trumps a fool. Only bigger fools like moronic think he's any good.

So, he's a moron because he condemns a deal which the people did not vote for?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 19:15

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:trumps a fool. Only bigger fools like moronic think he's any good.

No, he's a moron for continually attacking the US' allies while talking up their 'enemies'. It's not for trump to comment on the UK's position on brexit. He liked it when all the political leaders refused to say how screwed the US would be when he won the presidency, the least he could do is to repay the courtesy
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jul 2018, 21:44

Auggie wrote:

Ahh but a powerful moron. :roll
How did it come to this?

Trump obviously believes that he is the KING of the WORLD. :clap :clap He feels entitled to treat other world leaders like silly children, and I guess that's because.? he himself operates at that level.

So much like Kim and Putin, it makes me wonder... how the fuck did we get to this...? :roll :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 21:51

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

No, he's a moron for continually attacking the US' allies while talking up their 'enemies'. It's not for trump to comment on the UK's position on brexit. He liked it when all the political leaders refused to say how screwed the US would be when he won the presidency, the least he could do is to repay the courtesy

The 'talking up of enemies' I get. I don't like it either. The fact is also that America is the most influential force in the world, and its opinion matters. Sometimes you need an external power criticising processes in order for change to happen. Trump's criticism of Brexit and the plan is actually a win for those who wanted it.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 21:52

pinkeye wrote:
Auggie wrote:

How did it come to this?

Trump obviously believes that he is the KING of the WORLD. :clap :clap He feels entitled to treat other world leaders like silly children, and I guess that's because.? he himself operates at that level.

So much like Kim and Putin, it makes me wonder... how the fuck did we get to this...? :roll :roll

It got to this because people are sick and tired of politicians and political correctness. Trump is a refreshing voice for those who value honesty and bluntness. His criticism of the Brexit plan is a direct attack on the elites and the globalists, something which you should support (if you consider yourself a woman of the people).
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 22:25

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

The 'talking up of enemies' I get. I don't like it either. The fact is also that America is the most influential force in the world, and its opinion matters. Sometimes you need an external power criticising processes in order for change to happen. Trump's criticism of Brexit and the plan is actually a win for those who wanted it.

there is no sometimes, or when you feel like it when it comes to manners .... if trump expects others to butt out of US business, he needs to butt out of the UK's politics. What happens the next time trump says something profoundly stupid regarding US politics (and we know he will) and Teresa May makes some public comment about what a fool he is? I bet he cries it's none of her business.
These political conventions and rules are there for a reason.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 22:28

Auggie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Auggie wrote:

How did it come to this?

It got to this because people are sick and tired of politicians and political correctness. Trump is a refreshing voice for those who value honesty and bluntness. His criticism of the Brexit plan is a direct attack on the elites and the globalists, something which you should support (if you consider yourself a woman of the people).

no, it got to this because it seemed to not make any difference who you voted for, democrat or republican .... they were all the same. The US voters stupidly thought trump would be different. And please don't confuse different with rude, ignorant and being a pig. Voters were sick of being ignored and put behind big business .... nothing has changed with trump. Only it's trump industries and it's partners that now stand to gain the most
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Jul 2018, 22:30

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Trump is ceding America’s leadership position. He is an isolationist. Last time America was isolationist it ended with half its fleet on the bottom of Pearl Harbor!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 22:39

HBS Guy wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Trump is ceding America’s leadership position. He is an isolationist. Last time America was isolationist it ended with half its fleet on the bottom of Pearl Harbor!

Yet the industrial and military might of the United States was a one of the decisive factors in winning the war.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 22:40

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

there is no sometimes, or when you feel like it when it comes to manners .... if trump expects others to butt out of US business, he needs to butt out of the UK's politics. What happens the next time trump says something profoundly stupid regarding US politics (and we know he will) and Teresa May makes some public comment about what a fool he is? I bet he cries it's none of her business.

So what, he'll cry, sure. And I won't be criticising Theresa May for making that comment. We need more honesty in politics.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 22:42

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Auggie wrote:

How did it come to this?

no, it got to this because it seemed to not make any difference who you voted for, democrat or republican .... they were all the same. The US voters stupidly thought trump would be different. And please don't confuse different with rude, ignorant and being a pig. Voters were sick of being ignored and put behind big business .... nothing has changed with trump. Only it's trump industries and it's partners that now stand to gain the most

Trump is shaking things up with his loose tongue and anti-PC ways. Sure, economically America might not be doing that much greater; but Trump has shown that the political establishment need to be less 'establishment' and more about the people.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 22:45

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Auggie wrote:

How did it come to this?

Trump is shaking things up with his loose tongue and anti-PC ways. Sure, economically America might not be doing that much greater; but Trump has shown that the political establishment need to be less 'establishment' and more about the people.

he's not shaking anything up. All he is doing is alienating the US. His US polling numbers are worse than ever, which is not easy considering he was starting from a crappy position.
The only ones cheering at the skin heads, islamaphobes and the racists.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 22:47

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:

So what, he'll cry, sure. And I won't be criticising Theresa May for making that comment. We need more honesty in politics.

these conventions exist for a reason. Many a war was averted because of political correctness. What the UK does is none of his business.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 23:01

johnsmith wrote:there is no sometimes, or when you feel like it when it comes to manners .... if trump expects others to butt out of US business, he needs to butt out of the UK's politics. What happens the next time trump says something profoundly stupid regarding US politics (and we know he will) and Teresa May makes some public comment about what a fool he is? I bet he cries it's none of her business.

So what, he'll cry, sure. And I won't be criticising Theresa May for making that comment. We need more honesty in politics.[/quote]

these conventions exist for a reason. Many a war was averted because of political correctness. What the UK does is none of his business.

Well, isn't this funny? For someone who has always railed against 'self-serving' politicians and their cronies, you're now saying that 'conventions' exist for a reason. By that rationale, I could argue that a ruling class is necessary for a functioning modern society, that it's a necessary convention to ensure order and progress. A lot of our politics is based on conventions: pay entitlements, political correctness, helping out the pals, etc. Should convention stand in the way of what's right?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 23:18

Auggie wrote: For someone who has always railed against 'self-serving' politicians and their cronies, you're now saying that 'conventions' exist for a reason.

I think politicians should serve their constituents, not political donors, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be diplomatic. I don't agree with bucking the system just for the sake of it. Many of our age old conventions were learnt the hard way. Foreign relations is a mine field, it must be walked through carefully and with precision, not charged through on the back of a herd of elephants.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jul 2018, 23:22

Auggie wrote: A lot of our politics is based on conventions: pay entitlements, political correctness, helping out the pals, etc. Should convention stand in the way of what's right?

I'm talking about the diplomatic conventions. I certainly don't see pay entitlements as a convention, they're a human right. Neither is 'political correctness a convention'. The term political correctness is used (mostly) by the right to demean anything that someone says that they don't agree with. Trump shutting up has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with diplomacy.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 13 Jul 2018, 23:36

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote: A lot of our politics is based on conventions: pay entitlements, political correctness, helping out the pals, etc. Should convention stand in the way of what's right?

I'm talking about the diplomatic conventions. I certainly don't see pay entitlements as a convention, they're a human right. Neither is 'political correctness a convention'. The term political correctness is used (mostly) by the right to demean anything that someone says that they don't agree with. Trump shutting up has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with diplomacy.

Do you think a ruling class is necessary?? E.g. the Ancients Greeks would have considered our current system of democracy - representative democracy, as Oligarchy (which is actually is). For them, democracy was actually citizens directly participating in the democratic process.

For example, what would happen is a sortition process. A random person from amongst the public (who met certain criteria - i.e. no criminal record; paid taxes for 3 years, etc.) would be offered the chance to hold office in the Senate. These senators would be subject to term limits for frequent rotation in office.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Raven » 14 Jul 2018, 00:39

Let's not forget the time he threw two Starbursts at Angela Merkel and said "Don’t say I never give you anything.”

Making America great again!
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"
Raven
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 01:03

Nice to see you here, Raven.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 14 Jul 2018, 02:37

Auggie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Auggie wrote:

How did it come to this?

You must be joking. Trump is the quintessential liar. His lies are so outrageous, no-one is game to call him. Sure... Europe is in shock from his tactics, .. but..! they lack substance.
He actually believes he is living in the Apprentice Mach 2.

You praise him. Unbelievable. Oh well. The future holds the final story on this.
Trump has instituted the great fall from power, of the US. And, the RISE of other powers. Perfect patsy.. the Manchurian candidate.

Watch it all fall down.... jees I'm glad I'm old. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Raven » 14 Jul 2018, 02:43

HBS Guy wrote:Nice to see you here, Raven.

Thank you. Raven thought he'd give this place a look see.
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"
Raven
puppy

Next

Return to Sand Pit