THAT PUNCH

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: THAT PUNCH

Postby pinkeye » 11 Aug 2018, 23:49

Bongalong wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I mean... this just entrenches violent assault in our culture. Well.... I SHOULD say. further entrenches it.

I've heard a few excuses, explanations from commentators on TV News, and there appears to be no concerns at this affair. Perfectly natural.?? No and I'd have to say he wasn't in control if, as some have said, he was aiming for a chest punch/push , or belly-buster, but missed. nah that is what I heard and that is just a sign of a sick society. :roll He missed?? Nope... he got exactly what he was aiming for. The act of a …. .

Are you talking about barry hall by any chance?

NO
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2018, 07:44

pinkeye is right.

it was a cheap shot and had it not happened on the sporting field there would be a court date.

This behaviour must not be condoned in any way shape or form.

i'd rather they'd just stick to pissing in their own mouths...... literally.
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Aug 2018, 09:59

Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:barrie hall?

Don't you watch the footy bruther?

I think he meant the Harrie Ball Incident Monk :purple :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Aug 2018, 10:06

Ahhh, a hairy ball has spoiled many a game, yair.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2018, 13:29

how would i feel if it was my child who just thought they were in a game...

next minute they can't see straight and they are spitting their teeth.... literally

It is a shit thing to do but unsurprising..... i hope that the book will be thrown but it won't be because he is a footy star.....

I just hope he doesn't feel the same sense of entitlement in the future with his wife/girlfriend or children.
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 12 Aug 2018, 13:45

hatty wrote:pinkeye is right.

it was a cheap shot and had it not happened on the sporting field there would be a court date.

This behaviour must not be condoned in any way shape or form.

i'd rather they'd just stick to pissing in their own mouths...... literally.

So why don't you just ban all sports?
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 12 Aug 2018, 13:46

hatty wrote:how would i feel if it was my child who just thought they were in a game...

next minute they can't see straight and they are spitting their teeth.... literally

It is a shit thing to do but unsurprising..... i hope that the book will be thrown but it won't be because he is a footy star.....

I just hope he doesn't feel the same sense of entitlement in the future with his wife/girlfriend or children.

That's football: how are you going to get a decent league if you don't let the martial artists among us practice their sneak attacks?
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Aug 2018, 13:51

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:how would i feel if it was my child who just thought they were in a game...

That's football: how are you going to get a decent league if you don't let the martial artists among us practice their sneak attacks?

No, it's not football.

Throwing punches has nothing to do with the game.

Tackling, bumping, pushing - sure.

Punching in boxing - of course.

In GayFL, though, punching is just not a part of the game.

It's assault, pure and simple.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2018, 14:47

Bongalong wrote:

the boy had his hands down by his side.... He wasn't arms up ready for a fight, and he still got thumped in the head with a closed fist out of nowhere!.... it is a footy match not UFC.!

Go on Misterr Miagi...... tell everyone why this is cool in a football game.
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 12 Aug 2018, 15:33

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No, it's not football.

Lol, if you want to call it gayfl then you are part of the problem brutha!

You're smacking off your collective heads bro :Hi

For instance: are you saying 'punching' is a legitimate part of other codes of 'football'?

You can't answer because you are entranced by boring music... do you know blokes that ride boring motorbikes or something ya dickhead? :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 12 Aug 2018, 15:35

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

the boy had his hands down by his side.... He wasn't arms up ready for a fight, and he still got thumped in the head with a closed fist out of nowhere!.... it is a footy match not UFC.!

What the fuck are you on mate?

:tweed
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Aug 2018, 16:25

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No, it's not football.

For instance: are you saying 'punching' is a legitimate part of other codes of 'football'?

You can't answer because you are entranced by boring music... do you know blokes that ride boring motorbikes or something ya dickhead? :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi

Punching isn't a part of any football code.

To punch someone during a game of football - any type of football - is assault.

How can it not be?
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2018, 18:08

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

oh i don't know...... mabye being a normal person who doesn't think that bare knuckled boxing belongs in an environment that nobody expects it.

oh and one more thing........

hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 13 Aug 2018, 01:59

uh yeah
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 13 Aug 2018, 15:01

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No, it's not football.

How can it not be?

Because it can be by accident owing to the speed of the game! Or, it can be because of provocation: also owing to the speed of the game and the necessity of getting rid of ones opponent quickly to be able to participate most effectively in said game!

It really all comes down to the speed of the game and I think you will find organized sports are defined by time limits. A bit like betting limits... designed to force a response and possibly/HOPEFULLY a mistake which can be taken advantage of------------------> oh , the never-ending fun of vice!
Back to your boring music for your dead brain hey bruther :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :hlo
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 13 Aug 2018, 15:03

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

oh i don't know...... mabye being a normal person who doesn't think that bare knuckled boxing belongs in an environment that nobody expects it.

oh and one more thing........

Bare knuckle boxing was a part of football from the very beginning: if you don't know that you're a liar!
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 13 Aug 2018, 15:04

pinkeye wrote:uh yeah

Go back to drinking your metho and having lots and lots and lots of naps in between crying :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 13 Aug 2018, 15:06

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No, it's not football.

How can it not be?

Because it can be by accident owing to the speed of the game! Or, it can be because of provocation: also owing to the speed of the game and the necessity of getting rid of ones opponent quickly to be able to participate most effectively in said game!

It really all comes down to the speed of the game and I think you will find organized sports are defined by time limits. A bit like betting limits... designed to force a response and possibly/HOPEFULLY a mistake which can be taken advantage of------------------> oh , the never-ending fun of vice!
Back to your boring music for your dead brain hey bruther :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :hlo

He accidentally clenched his fist, and then accidentally swung his arm in the direction of an opposing team member?

And, it accidentally made contact?

Cool story, bro!
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 13 Aug 2018, 15:13

[quote="greggerypeccary"]
He was provoked... and you also forgot about the time limits imposed in sporting situations leading to a different environment: with an associated different set of laws to govern said environment!

Money is made from such things: how are you going to legally dispute these merchants rights to set up their own legality? With some drug money from your dick-head mates perhaps who know you're off your collective trolley :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi ?

If so then you're a mars bar short of a well rested, worked and played person, son!
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Aug 2018, 15:30

They were no where near the ball! It was assault occasioning grievous bodily harm!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 14 Aug 2018, 14:55

HBS Guy wrote:They were no where near the ball! It was assault occasioning grievous bodily harm!

So why did Barry get so much less than Gaff?
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 14 Aug 2018, 14:58

HBS Guy wrote:They were no where near the ball! It was assault occasioning grievous bodily harm!

They were on the football field.... :beer
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Aug 2018, 17:21

Not a boxing ring!

Ball nowhere near when that punch landed.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Aug 2018, 18:11

Bongalong wrote:

They were on the football field.... :beer

If they raped someone on the football field, would that be okay with you?
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 15 Aug 2018, 12:20

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Lol when Barry Hall thru his fists his opponent didn't have his hands up either and he didn't get 8 weeks!
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

PreviousNext

Return to Politics