Vaping

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Vaping

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2018, 12:52

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance-news/2018/10/12/big-tobacco-hopes-get-hooked-e-cigarettes/

Tobacco companies are lobbying to have “vaping” made legal to sell to any Australian.

If you want to stop smoking start reducing the amount you smoke. Then you will find a motivation that is not about your health. Early in the 1990s I decided that I did not want to be a shuffling, Ventolin inhaling, farting old wreck when my favorite niece had her kids. 2016 I spent a magical week in Tasmania with that niece and her daughter. If I had kept smoking—no way I could have done that or be preparing for a new life in Tasmania! Vaping would not have helped and when that became a thing I soon realised that if you were vaping nicotine you were not kicking the addiction.

When I found my motivation I stopped cold turkey. If you just worry about your health you just smoke more.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Vaping

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2018, 13:04

The tobacco companies are cherry picking research to show vaping is harmless.

If it has nicotine you are not beating an addiction. The more so as the act of preparing to “vape” mimics the action of lighting a cigarette.

Oil companies are cherry picking research to pretend AGW is not real.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 Oct 2018, 09:05

I have a friend who swears vaping is harmless.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Oct 2018, 17:03

Clutched good and hard by Madame Nicotine!

Once, when I was smoking, at like 3.00am, cold, I walked like 3Km to the service stations on South Rd, Darlington, only places open, just to buy a packet of cigarettes. Even more shameful shit just*to*get*smokes*
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 Oct 2018, 17:28

HBS Guy wrote:Clutched good and hard by Madame Nicotine!

Once, when I was smoking, at like 3.00am, cold, I walked like 3Km to the service stations on South Rd, Darlington, only places open, just to buy a packet of cigarettes. Even more shameful shit just*to*get*smokes*

many a time when i would go out in the cold to buy smokes at ungodly hours, but if someone had asked me to go out for something that was actually importsant, not a hope, wait until morning

ahhhh, priorities!
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Oct 2018, 17:46

Yup. Your friend is kidding himself.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Politics