'You know what I am? I'm a nationalist'

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: 'You know what I am? I'm a nationalist'

Postby johnsmith » 10 Nov 2018, 22:01

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Sorry Seth, but labeling everything he doesn't agree with as fake news is a little bit more than criticism. The problem isn't even so much that he says it, but that many of his more idiotic supporters believe him. Then they do things like send parcel bombs to CNN etc.

Didn't he say something once about some of his supporters, that he can go out and shoot someone in public and they'd still support him. I'm ad libbing so I may not have that exactly right, but it was something along those lines. That for me is a scary thought.

Sometimes Trump is wrong. Sometimes he has been right. Trump will be Trump, OK?

But the fact is, national media presents stories that are biased. Some of it is false. Some of it is not entirely false, but it is deceptive. And CNN and some of the others are nothing more than mouthpieces for the Democratic Party, and that is not debatable. Sad, but true.

no more than fox being a mouthpiece for the republicans.

Of course media is biased. Everyone, including you and I, whether we admit it or not, has some sort of bias and when they read/ write a story, they tend to present it in a way that is favorable to their bias. That's not fake, that's human nature. CNN reporting for example that trump did not have the largest inauguration crowd ever was never fake, that was true. Sure, they presented it in a way that was more favorable to the left, but it was still true. The whole argument by trump and many from the right is that if it comes from CNN it's fake. That's a load of baloney

In the interest of full disclosure, I watch neither CNN nor Fox
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 10 Nov 2018, 22:05

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Yeah! Arrogant, elitist, and that pussy whats-his-name from CNN. What a punk!

That's the thing Seth. I had never heard of Acosta or this Intern before I saw that video of the Press Conference. I barely heard the audio as my eyes were transfixed on her.....as she made herself active from the back of the Room (I am thinking.....'ello, 'ello what's she up to) moved forward.....paused, and then stridently and aggressively quick paced forward to grab the mic and attempt to manhandle it from the grasp of the bloke.

That's what these unbiased and innocent neutral eyes saw. I had no dog in the fight.

He is a guest in the White House. When some young staffer requests the mike, his place is to give it to her. End of story. And he's a punk for jamming her arm down like that. A punk. End of story.

that does not entitle her to snatch the microphone from his grasp. He did nothing wrong, only blocked her attempt top snatch it. The media calling that assault is ridiculous.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 10 Nov 2018, 22:06

chris155au wrote:
Auggie wrote:
chris155au wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Which is why the only solution to this problem is to opt out of the Convention.

I will give you credit, JS. You at least made see commonsense in this regard - any person who seeks asylum is not entering illegally and cannot be treated as such.

Who said anything about seeking asylum?

Well, when a person comes to the US Border, all they have to do is say: "I wish to seek asylum" and they are not deemed an illegal entrant.

When did John Smith say anything about this? He was talking about illegals who are already inside the country!

no
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby SethBullock » 11 Nov 2018, 05:02

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Sorry Seth, but labeling everything he doesn't agree with as fake news is a little bit more than criticism. The problem isn't even so much that he says it, but that many of his more idiotic supporters believe him. Then they do things like send parcel bombs to CNN etc.

Didn't he say something once about some of his supporters, that he can go out and shoot someone in public and they'd still support him. I'm ad libbing so I may not have that exactly right, but it was something along those lines. That for me is a scary thought.

Sometimes Trump is wrong. Sometimes he has been right. Trump will be Trump, OK?

But the fact is, national media presents stories that are biased. Some of it is false. Some of it is not entirely false, but it is deceptive. And CNN and some of the others are nothing more than mouthpieces for the Democratic Party, and that is not debatable. Sad, but true.

no more than fox being a mouthpiece for the republicans.

Of course media is biased. Everyone, including you and I, whether we admit it or not, has some sort of bias and when they read/ write a story, they tend to present it in a way that is favorable to their bias. That's not fake, that's human nature. CNN reporting for example that trump did not have the largest inauguration crowd ever was never fake, that was true. Sure, they presented it in a way that was more favorable to the left, but it was still true. The whole argument by trump and many from the right is that if it comes from CNN it's fake. That's a load of baloney

In the interest of full disclosure, I watch neither CNN nor Fox

You can't minimize what CNN does by saying everyone does it, and it's just human nature. In their case, it's deliberate, calculated, and relentless, not a sort of inadvertent, subconscious bias.

I don't watch CNN, nor do I go to their website for news. It's just non-stop propaganda.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 11 Nov 2018, 05:05

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Yeah! Arrogant, elitist, and that pussy whats-his-name from CNN. What a punk!

That's the thing Seth. I had never heard of Acosta or this Intern before I saw that video of the Press Conference. I barely heard the audio as my eyes were transfixed on her.....as she made herself active from the back of the Room (I am thinking.....'ello, 'ello what's she up to) moved forward.....paused, and then stridently and aggressively quick paced forward to grab the mic and attempt to manhandle it from the grasp of the bloke.

That's what these unbiased and innocent neutral eyes saw. I had no dog in the fight.

He is a guest in the White House. When some young staffer requests the mike, his place is to give it to her. End of story. And he's a punk for jamming her arm down like that. A punk. End of story.

that does not entitle her to snatch the microphone from his grasp. He did nothing wrong, only blocked her attempt top snatch it. The media calling that assault is ridiculous.

He's a punk. You don't put force on a young lady like that.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 11 Nov 2018, 17:36

SethBullock wrote:You can't minimize what CNN does by saying everyone does it,

i've never watched CNN in my life so ca't speak about them specifically. I do know from reading other reports that anything trump doesn't like he calls fake ..... no matter how many photo's, video etc exist that proves it wasn't fake

SethBullock wrote:He's a punk. You don't put force on a young lady like that.

he didn't force anything. She went to snatch the microphone and he went to block her attempt.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 11 Nov 2018, 17:55

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:You can't minimize what CNN does by saying everyone does it,

i've never watched CNN in my life so ca't speak about them specifically. I do know from reading other reports that anything trump doesn't like he calls fake ..... no matter how many photo's, video etc exist that proves it wasn't fake

SethBullock wrote:He's a punk. You don't put force on a young lady like that.

he didn't force anything. She went to snatch the microphone and he went to block her attempt.

No, he did not. If you watch carefully, you will see that her elbow lowers because she had grabbed the mic, and pulled south to get it from him, thus her elbow angled wider and lowered...nothing to do with anything Ocosta did. (I had never heard of the bloke until this incident, and I doubt I have ever knowingly seen anything from CNN previously either.)
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Previous

Return to Politics