Drug Dealing WRIT LARGE RUNS THE WESTERN WORLD!?!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Drug Dealing WRIT LARGE RUNS THE WESTERN WORLD!?!

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jan 2019, 14:19

.. there was an article just the other day(..can't find it, but it was less than two weeks ago- or thereabouts) that said Americans were getting sold high blood pressure tablets at a much lower measure of blood pressure than Australia.

To my mind the measurement of 120/80 is actually basically impossible to achieve for a normal male body- which to my mind equates to a gross cabal of drug dealing.

Who agrees or disagrees?

:c
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: Drug Dealing WRIT LARGE RUNS THE WESTERN WORLD!?!

Postby Sprintcyclist » 04 Jan 2019, 14:46

I thought 120/80 was for a fit healthy person.
So, quite achievable, only few of us are fit and healthy.

My BP has been much better than that when I was really fit, it is not so good now.
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jan 2019, 10:41

Sprintcyclist wrote:I thought 120/80 was for a fit healthy person.

My BP has been much better than that when I was really fit, it is not so good now.

It goes up naturally with age...

I maybe wrong but I thought it was perfectly healthy to have a higher blood pressure than 120/80.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Jan 2019, 11:06

optimal – less than 120 / less than 80
normal – 120 to 129 / 80 to 84
high–normal – 130 to 139 / 85 to 89
high blood pressure – greater than 140/90.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jan 2019, 11:09

greggerypeccary wrote:optimal – less than 120 / less than 80

What's the source for that?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 07 Jan 2019, 11:11

Bongalong wrote:

I maybe wrong but I thought it was perfectly healthy to have a higher blood pressure than 120/80.

You are wrong, if you are fit and healthy your blood pressure shouldn't rise at all as you age. Mine has sat between 110/65 and 100/60 for many decades, it only goes up to 110/65 when I do nothing and my resting heart rate, is between 50 and 65bpm when unfit and 45 when fit. According to the science, I'm in the best range which they says teenagers to 30's should be, I'm over 70.

Good health and blood pressure all revolves around diet, lifestyle and environment, nothing else. Live in an urban area and you will always suffer from high blood pressure, because of the stress associated with noise, air electronic and ground pollution.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Jan 2019, 11:11

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:optimal – less than 120 / less than 80

What's the source for that?

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/blood-pressure
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jan 2019, 11:24

Fair enough... The article was really going on about how they start dealing out the medication to Americans at anything over the 120/80 level but that Australian doctors don't.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 07 Jan 2019, 11:51

Bongalong wrote:Fair enough... The article was really going on about how they start dealing out the medication to Americans at anything over the 120/80 level but that Australian doctors don't.

The facts are, almost 70% of yanks are on medication and over 60% of almost 40000 fatal overdoses in the USA were from prescription drugs and 3 out of 4 were opioids.

In Aus, we are not far behind being second behind the USA for prescription drug addiction. It's a sign of how far down the drain ideological societies have descended. It's also why we have a growing mental health problem which is sending the clone into mental breakdown and its' growing world wide as profit growth is all drug companies and politicians think of.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jan 2019, 11:57

Drug dealing writ large!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Jan 2019, 23:17

Dax wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

You are wrong, if you are fit and healthy your blood pressure shouldn't rise at all as you age. Mine has sat between 110/65 and 100/60 for many decades, it only goes up to 110/65 when I do nothing and my resting heart rate, is between 50 and 65bpm when unfit and 45 when fit. According to the science, I'm in the best range which they says teenagers to 30's should be, I'm over 70.

Good health and blood pressure all revolves around diet, lifestyle and environment, nothing else. Live in an urban area and you will always suffer from high blood pressure, because of the stress associated with noise, air electronic and ground pollution.

those are very good figures you have, very well done
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby mothra » 08 Jan 2019, 00:19

Dax wrote:It's also why we have a growing mental health problem which is sending the clone into mental breakdown and its' growing world wide as profit growth is all drug companies and politicians think of.

That's a very long sentence.

You sure you're going with that?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 08 Jan 2019, 00:21

Bongalong wrote:Fair enough... The article was really going on about how they start dealing out the medication to Americans at anything over the 120/80 level but that Australian doctors don't.

I think you'll find that the levels of pharmaceutical consumption are higher here than in the US. We have universal healthcare, after all.

My father was put on beta blockers for 150/90.

I tried to tell him.

Fortunately, his doctor retired. My father still coughs.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jan 2019, 00:38

Doc didn’t say what my BP was but said it was a bit low and he was happy with that. I am a bit less delighted, low BP means slight “swimming” sensations if I move quickly. Hence all the agony about how big my fruit trees were going to grow—I ain’t agoing to get on no ladders no more.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 08 Jan 2019, 00:45

HBS Guy wrote:Doc didn’t say what my BP was but said it was a bit low and he was happy with that. I am a bit less delighted, low BP means slight “swimming” sensations if I move quickly. Hence all the agony about how big my fruit trees were going to grow—I ain’t agoing to get on no ladders no more.

I don't know what your doctor is looking for but a good doc will use BP as part of an overall diagnostic picture ... same with everything else.

If you trust your doc and they say you're good to go, be happy with that.

That said, are you feeling light headed? Dizzy when standing? Any other signs of low BP? Did you report them to your doc if so?

And Monk, always ask the numbers.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jan 2019, 00:48

No, just swimming sensations if I move to fast. Lost some sense of balance with the loss of hearing in left ear too but the low BP was first. So I am a bit deliberate in moving.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 08 Jan 2019, 00:51

HBS Guy wrote:No, just swimming sensations if I move to fast. Lost some sense of balance with the loss of hearing in left ear too but the low BP was first. So I am a bit deliberate in moving.

I'm inclined to go with ear over BP, going from what you've made known over time.

But please, next visit, get the numbers?
mothra
Duck

Postby Texan » 08 Jan 2019, 07:36

When I was a teenager and running 80 miles/week training for marathons, my BP was typically 112/56 with a heart rate below 60 bpm. At 52, I weigh much more than I should, but my BP is always 120/80. I realize that my time is coming and I need to change my diet and exercise habits, but so far so good.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 08 Jan 2019, 09:38

Texan wrote:When I was a teenager and running 80 miles/week training for marathons, my BP was typically 112/56 with a heart rate below 60 bpm. At 52, I weigh much more than I should, but my BP is always 120/80. I realize that my time is coming and I need to change my diet and exercise habits, but so far so good.

That's impressive.

Even with medication, I hover around 160/100 :sad
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 08 Jan 2019, 09:46

mothra wrote:
Dax wrote:It's also why we have a growing mental health problem which is sending the clone into mental breakdown and its' growing world wide as profit growth is all drug companies and politicians think of.

That's a very long sentence.

You sure you're going with that?

Always stick with the facts and not the fiction, you remain sane doing that. If pollies and drug companies weren't just interested in profit growth, which they claim is economic growth. We would have a preventive medical system, rather than a symptomatic suppressing drug regime.

Mental illness is becoming the most pressing health problem there is worldwide, especially as the fantasy world the majority live within is collapsing all around them. Politicians and the medical profession are the biggest drug dealers on the planet, which is creating societies that are drug.

All the ingredients needed for the manufacture of illicit drugs like ice, heroin and other opioids, all come from the major drug manufacturers. The so called recreational drugs the young take today, all derive from drug major companies and they are just as mind and body destroying as ice etc. They take a bit longer to effect the mind, but the outcome is the same, especially when you add the chemical and drug saturated foods everyone eats daily.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 08 Jan 2019, 09:52

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:When I was a teenager and running 80 miles/week training for marathons, my BP was typically 112/56 with a heart rate below 60 bpm. At 52, I weigh much more than I should, but my BP is always 120/80. I realize that my time is coming and I need to change my diet and exercise habits, but so far so good.

That's impressive.

:rofl you're stuffed that's for sure, that's heart attack range and bet you're really obese. Have no time or pity for those that wont help themselves by taking control of their lives and diet, you get what you put into your body and drugs just destroy the body.

You won't find any prescription or over the counter drug that doesn't have debilitating and long term side effects, or that actually work to improve health.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 08 Jan 2019, 10:06

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's impressive.

:rofl you're stuffed that's for sure, that's heart attack range and bet you're really obese. Have no time or pity for those that wont help themselves by taking control of their lives and diet, you get what you put into your body and drugs just destroy the body.

You won't find any prescription or over the counter drug that doesn't have debilitating and long term side effects, or that actually work to improve health.

No, not obese or overweight.

I have a pretty healthy diet too - lots of vegetables, fish and grains, and not much red meat.

Unfortunately, I have very, very bad sleep apnea which is the probable cause of my high blood pressure.

The good news is, I have a coronary calcium score of zero.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 08 Jan 2019, 10:46

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's impressive.

No, not obese or overweight.

I have a pretty healthy diet too - lots of vegetables, fish and grains, and not much red meat.

Unfortunately, I have very, very bad sleep apnea which is the probable cause of my high blood pressure.

The good news is, I have a coronary calcium score of zero.

If you have sleep apnea, you have underlying health problems, obesity is one, lack of fitness is another, drinking lots of grog and diary products, heart disease. Plus a few others which contribute to it, including stress, especially urban stress.

lots of exercise will really help, cutting out dairies and processed foods make a massive difference. Reducing the electromagnetic and radiation fields in your home and surroundings, will help but if you have to take medication, you're on the way out. Medication for these conditions does nothing, but make things worse. In fact except for a couple of conditions, medications do nothing but cover the symptoms for a short time then the dose has to be increased.

I've been recovering from a fractured foot and ankle for the last 5 weeks, started walking last week and am now walking and walking and walking. On crutches first, then a walking stick and now just carry the stick until my foot and ankle is stronger. Never took any of the drugs they gave me and have healed in super fast time, Chucked the moon boot after 3 days, strapped my ankle and foot for sleeping and moving round and used massage, ultrasound, eucalyptus oil, comfrey and kinesiology.

It's your body that does the healing, not drugs and if you give your body the right conditions, it can recover from just about any problem.

Start walking and keep walking, but away from polluted roads and areas.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 08 Jan 2019, 10:55

I am overweight. I'm sure that genetics also play a role in blood pressure. I hear there is an area in Italy where the genetic natives of that area are nearly immune to the clogging effects of high cholesterol. That's not me though. None of my recent ancestors have ever had heart attacks, but both of my parents are on blood pressure or cholesterol medicines. My work keeps me physically active and strong, but not in good weight control or cardio-shape. My diet is my downfall, unless I correct it. Giving up sodas has been a great start. I've lost 20 kg, but need to lose another 20-25 kg.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Next

Return to Politics