Something nice about Donald Trump

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 14:27

I always look for the good in people.

I must say though, I'm having trouble finding something nice to say about Donald Trump.

Can anyone help me?
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 14:56

Come on guys - there's gotta be something.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 15:10

His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.
All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but Texas was absolutely overrun by such men.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 627
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:12

Texan wrote:His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I thought of the children too.

I thought, "maybe he's a good father" :?

However, I can't find anything to support that theory.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 15:15

Greg doesn't always look for the good in people: greg is a liar!
:OMG
Free what?
Bongalong
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 12:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:22

Bongalong wrote:Greg doesn't always look for the good in people: greg is a liar!
:OMG


I do, actually.

I suppose that makes me un-Australian, according to you.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jan 2019, 15:23

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Greg doesn't always look for the good in people: greg is a liar!
:OMG


I do, actually.

I suppose that makes me un-Australian, according to you.

Get fucked mate: you're a f'n liar!

:bike
Free what?
Bongalong
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 12:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:24

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Greg doesn't always look for the good in people: greg is a liar!
:OMG


I do, actually.

I suppose that makes me un-Australian, according to you.

Get fucked mate: you're a f'n liar!

:bike


I'm sure there's a good side to you too.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 15:38

Texan wrote:He keeps campaign promises better than most.


:huh

:WTF
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 15:39

Most politicians running for the presidency promise everything while they're running, and then they go soft and cautious, and they conform to the wishes of the Beltway Establishment.

Not Trump. He scraps and fights. And he has not substantially deviated from his major campaign promises.

He stood firm with the North Koreans while simultaneously being willing to meet face to face with Kim, man to man, and try to persuade him to move in a positive direction.

He has not involved the U.S. in any new wars, and he wants to bring the troops home. Hillary Clinton was a warmonger and completely irresponsible with the use of military force.

He does not let the Washington media establishment push him around.

Better trade deals. A major agreement with China is in the works.

Two outstanding Supreme Court appointments

Sticking up for respect for our flag and national anthem

I believe he genuinely loves our men and women in uniform.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 15:46

SethBullock wrote:Most politicians running for the presidency promise everything while they're running, and then they go soft and cautious, and they conform to the wishes of the Beltway Establishment.

Not Trump. He scraps and fights. And he has not substantially deviated from his major campaign promises.

He stood firm with the North Koreans while simultaneously being willing to meet face to face with Kim, man to man, and try to persuade him to move in a positive direction.

He has not involved the U.S. in any new wars, and he wants to bring the troops home. Hillary Clinton was a warmonger and completely irresponsible with the use of military force.

He does not let the Washington media establishment push him around.

Better trade deals. A major agreement with China is in the works.

Two outstanding Supreme Court appointments

Sticking up for respect for our flag and national anthem

I believe he genuinely loves our men and women in uniform.




he's stalled (poli speak for promising to get to it one day) or broken far more promises than he kept.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/rulings/promise-broken/
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 15:47

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:He keeps campaign promises better than most.


:huh

:WTF


I didn't stutter. You may not like Trump's promises or his action on those promises, but he has worked for what he promised. It's not like I had a choice anyway. It was him or Hillary.

National security
Border security
Conservative judicial appointments
Fair trade with other countries(Mexico and China in particular)
Lower taxes
All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but Texas was absolutely overrun by such men.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 627
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 15:55

SethBullock wrote:
He stood firm with the North Koreans while simultaneously being willing to meet face to face with Kim, man to man, and try to persuade him to move in a positive direction.



Oh, come on Seth.

He manufactured a crisis, and then provided a "solution" that wasn't needed.

Same with the caravan. Remember the caravan?

Before the mid-terms: "The caravan is on its way, and they will rape kill and torture every American they can get their hands on".

"Don't worry though, I'll send in the Army"
.

Then, the mid-terms were held.

Nek minnut: "Huh, what caravan?"

He's a con-man. That's all.

A sleazy, lying con-man.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Dax » 11 Jan 2019, 16:03

err, um, derr, thinking, thinking, got it. Oops lost it, thinking, thinking, getting tired, to much strain, sorry to complicated for me to answer. Wait, it's coming, got it, nothing nice about the rump :huh :oops :WTF :OMG :S :rofl
User avatar
Dax
mountain lion
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 16:09

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
He stood firm with the North Koreans while simultaneously being willing to meet face to face with Kim, man to man, and try to persuade him to move in a positive direction.



Oh, come on Seth.

He manufactured a crisis, and then provided a "solution" that wasn't needed.

Same with the caravan. Remember the caravan?

Before the mid-terms: "The caravan is on its way, and they will rape kill and torture every American they can get their hands on".

"Don't worry though, I'll send in the Army"
.

Then, the mid-terms were held.

Nek minnut: "Huh, what caravan?"

He's a con-man. That's all.

A sleazy, lying con-man.

The caravan was the con. Politicians like Beto O'Rourke funded the caravan in an attempt to make Trump look like an ogre keeping "women and children" out of America. The invasion showed up too late after the election and the rock throwers in Tijuana trying to rush the border just proved Trump was right to protect the border. Some of the migrants even went to the American consulate and offered to go back home if America would give them $50k/each. Screw them and anybody that wants them in my country. I'm paying for illegals healthcare and education in my taxes, and that's after I pay $1100 every month for my family's healthcare premiums. Build the wall.
All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but Texas was absolutely overrun by such men.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 627
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 16:18

His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jan 2019, 16:19

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Greg doesn't always look for the good in people: greg is a liar!
:OMG


I do, actually.

I suppose that makes me un-Australian, according to you.

Get fucked mate: you're a f'n liar!

:bike

No more posts like this one, DRAH!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50494
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:24

Ya know, Texan,

I don't use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" very often. I don't think I ever have, come to think of it.

But did you ever notice that if Trump keeps his campaign promises he's a "con man", and if he doesn't keep them, he's a "con man"?

Sheesh!
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:27

Aussie wrote:
His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.


Can you give an example of a Trump policy that is "extreme" right wing?
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Aussie » 11 Jan 2019, 16:36

Okay Seth.....how about..."I will build a Wall and Mexico will pay for it."
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:42

Aussie wrote:Okay Seth.....how about..."I will build a Wall and Mexico will pay for it."


Fail.

Try again.

I know the "extreme" right wing when I hear it or see it. I don't even like the "extreme" right wing.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 16:42

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.


Can you give an example of a Trump policy that is "extreme" right wing?


You don't think targeting Mexicans and Muslims is extreme right-wing?

Are you serious?
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby Texan » 11 Jan 2019, 16:43

Aussie wrote:
His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.

Trump agrees with my beliefs. I'm not going to go against him because we both may have something in common with Hitler or whatever monster was in power. I support the rule of law and the wisdom of the US Constitution. It's as simple as that. Trump was the only one promising to support my beliefs in the 2016 general election and so far he has demonstrated a vigilance to fulfill those promises in the face of huge opposition from both parties and the media. If he goes racist or sexist or some other "ist" that I don't support or tries to violate the Constitution, I will oppose him. Until then, he's my guy.
All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but Texas was absolutely overrun by such men.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 627
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby SethBullock » 11 Jan 2019, 16:45

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:
His children seem to be smart, well spoken, and well educated.

He doesn't yield to political correctness or media pressure.

He keeps campaign promises better than most.

He is not afraid to replace someone who he feels is not working toward his goals. He puts his goals (usually campaign promises) first before loyalty to his appointees.

I don't like his past attitudes or comments on a personal level, but he has been a near perfect politician for my political beliefs. I'll vote for him again. I voted for him for conservative judicial appointments, more favorable trade with other countries, national security, lower taxes, and border security.


I cannot think of even one extreme right wing Leader (I mean those of the historical arsehole kind) about whom you could not say exactly all those things.


Can you give an example of a Trump policy that is "extreme" right wing?


You don't think targeting Mexicans and Muslims is extreme right-wing?

Are you serious?


Targeting?

Do you have any idea how many illegal aliens Barrack Obama deported?

Do you have any idea how many Muslims he killed on his watch?

Was Barrack "extreme right wing"?
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Something nice about Donald Trump

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 16:47

SethBullock wrote:
Do you have any idea how many illegal aliens Barrack Obama deported?


weren't you the one claiming the left want to let them stay? :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest