Trump impeachment process starts

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Trump impeachment process starts

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2019, 18:59

Some Repugs might vote to impeach the fat prick because of his betrayal of the Syrian Kurds and the pathetic letter he sent Erdogan who threw it in the wastepaper bin. Does not look good for the US.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 24 Oct 2019, 07:16

DreamRyderX wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:..

............................................... Image

................................. Image

Now you know who I'll be voting for, who will you be voting for?

Oh, I forgot........you gotta be an American Citizen ta vote....Sowiee Image

Unless he is impeached as is increasingly likely.

I agree.......agree that it is seemingly more likely that the House democ-rats will Impeach President Trump, but the Senate then takes over......the Republican Majority Senate.

The US Senate Republican Majority is in the process of voting to condemn the House's Impeachment process as Unconstitutional because the Impeachment Inquiry totally disregards a cornerstone of American Law........the Right to "DUE PROCESS."

DUE PROCESS:

Source:
Wikipedia

The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution each contain a Due Process Clause. Due process deals with the administration of justice and thus the Due Process Clause acts as a safeguard from arbitrary denial of life, liberty, or property by the government outside the sanction of law.[17] The Supreme Court of the United States interprets the clauses as providing four protections: procedural due process (in civil and criminal proceedings), substantive due process, a prohibition against vague laws, and as the vehicle for the incorporation of the Bill of Rights........

Source: The Hill
........"This resolution puts the Senate on record condemning the House. ...Here's the point of the resolution: Any impeachment vote based on this process, to me, is illegitimate, is unconstitutional, and should be dismissed in the Senate without a trial," Graham told Fox News's.........

You must realize that the House democ-rats can only Impeach the President (acting as sort of a 'Grand Jury', & the Impeachment itself is called the 'Articles of Impeachment'......which is only an Indictment by the House based on various unproven charges), but it is the Republican controlled US Senate that would try the President on that Indictment....the charges....the 'Articles of Impeachment'.

Constitutionally, the US Senate makes ALL the Rules on how the entire Senate proceeds regarding these articles (charges). If they find that the US House failed it's Constitutional obligations, they could simply throw out all the charges without a trial......

HBSGuy, that is becoming a distinct probability........all dependent on the final process that the US House decides to follow.......

If there is a total disregard of "DUE PROCESS", which is the present case, then I would....IMHO.....say the chances that the US Senate will throw out any & ALL charges is extremely high.

The President stays in office, & he is free to run for re-election come November 2020

PS.....it's also been said, but I haven't been able to verify this yet anywhere else, but say the President did get impeached by the US House of Representatives, & removed by the US Senate, theoretically he could still run for re-election according to Politico.... ImageImageImage

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/25/congress-should-remove-trump-from-office-but-let-him-run-again-228228

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby hatty » 24 Oct 2019, 08:27

no one worth voting for in the first place so as if i give a shit

keep the cunt

congratulations
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Aussie » 24 Oct 2019, 08:29

DRX...tell me all about how Grand Juries work over in the US.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby DreamRyderX » 24 Oct 2019, 10:36

Aussie wrote:DRX...tell me all about how Grand Juries work over in the US.

@Aussie

I think this may easily help you find the answers you might seek:

How US Grand Juries Work?

Cheers! Image
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 24 Oct 2019, 12:15

@Aussie

Cheers! Image

Don't be a smart arse. I know how they work. I want you to demonstrate that you know how they work, as that relates directly to your whinge about due process etc.
Aussie

Postby DreamRyderX » 24 Oct 2019, 13:52

Aussie wrote:

@Aussie

Cheers! Image

Don't be a smart arse. I know how they work. I want you to demonstrate that you know how they work, as that relates directly to your whinge about due process etc.

Some people just can't stand it that the American People have superior Rights to Due Process, & A Grand Jury over governmental prosecution.......guaranteed & protected for the PEOPLE in OUR Constitution......the PEOPLE's Document.......Alien Processes in virtually all, if not every Monarchical System..... Image

......................................ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The 5th Amendment of the United States Constitution states:

'No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation'.

Also see the 14th Amendment................

Google is your lil frien.......use it, & don't waste my time......I'm watchin' the World Series, & can't be bothered with your meaningless little games.....

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 24 Oct 2019, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 24 Oct 2019, 14:16

And at the Grand Jury stage, how about your fabled 'due process' there? Tell Assange how he was afforded due process on those US charges. You and I both know...Grand Juries are held behind closed doors and the accused plays no part.

Same here with Trump......this is in the early investigative stages of a 'Grand Jury.' Trump is an irrelevant bystander. He gets afforded 100% due process should the matter get to the Senate.
Aussie

Postby DreamRyderX » 24 Oct 2019, 14:28

Aussie wrote:And at the Grand Jury stage, how about your fabled 'due process' there? Tell Assange how he was afforded due process on those US charges. You and I both know...Grand Juries are held behind closed doors and the accused plays no part.

Same here with Trump......this is in the early investigative stages of a 'Grand Jury.' Trump is an irrelevant bystander. He gets afforded 100% due process should the matter get to the Senate.

..Assange is not a US Citizen, so the treasonous prick gets shit!!!

And as far as President Trump's rights ......I hope the House democ-RATS keep going the way they are......for if they do, the Senate will probably throw any contrived Articles of Impeachment out, without a Senate trial......You see, they make ALL the rules in their chamber.... Piglousey & ShiffFace have no say in the matter there.

..The Trial will come Tuesday, 3 November 2020.........Election Day!
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 24 Oct 2019, 14:38

Not a citizen. Ipso facto.....no treason.

:roll
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 Oct 2019, 16:34

Aussie wrote:Not a citizen. Ipso facto.....no treason.

:roll

No war, therefore, no treason.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 25 Oct 2019, 14:17

Who the fuck would tell you anything :tweed
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 25 Oct 2019, 14:18

hatty wrote:no one worth voting for in the first place so as if i give a shit

keep the cunt

congratulations

wow :rofl

you may aswell be my dad maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ya fukkin lamo cunt :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 25 Oct 2019, 14:20

Aussie wrote:

@Aussie

Cheers! Image

oh,testy cunt is aussie: like nobody knew that y a fucking fruit cake :c
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 25 Oct 2019, 14:22

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:no one worth voting for in the first place so as if i give a shit

keep the cunt

congratulations

wow :rofl

you may aswell be my dad maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ya fukkin lamo cunt :Hi

ooh must be friday and drah is on the cans

happy friday drah and i hope the old hangover is not too severe......

ya plain old cunt
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 25 Oct 2019, 14:33

lol hatty still thinks beer is illegal in Australia :yak yak :roll :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 26 Oct 2019, 09:36

no just that stupidity is stupidity

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck

it's a fucking duck

booze just helps

enjoy the hangover
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 26 Oct 2019, 12:42

"...if what looks like what?"

--> You, sir, are a dipshitted fuckhead buddy :bike :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 26 Oct 2019, 13:36

Bongalong wrote:"...if what looks like what?"

--> You, sir, are a dipshitted fuckhead buddy :bike :bike :bike

thanks drah,,,,, its the only reason i am able to put up with you

xo

....... now back to the corrupt, tiny handed, orange, rich mommies boy
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 27 Oct 2019, 08:55

Lol Hatty the tough guy ooh la laaaaa
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Nov 2019, 22:28

BLUE CRUSH: DEMS BIG IN BELLWETHERS Democrats made major gains in state-level elections across the country, revealing President Donald Trump’s weakness in even the reddest of states and putting the lie to the idea of a massive voter backlash against House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry. [HuffPost]
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 07 Nov 2019, 15:09

HBS Guy wrote:
BLUE CRUSH: DEMS BIG IN BELLWETHERS Democrats made major gains in state-level elections across the country, revealing President Donald Trump’s weakness in even the reddest of states and putting the lie to the idea of a massive voter backlash against House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry. [HuffPost]

You're off your collective trolley again buddy :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2019, 18:51

Why are you such a fanboi of the walking moral swamp?

His tariffs, his tax cuts are costing the US and world economy plenty.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Nov 2019, 14:32

HBS Guy wrote:Why are you such a fanboi of the walking moral swamp?

His tariffs, his tax cuts are costing the US and world economy plenty.

.................................Economy Reaches Longest Expansion in U.S. History in
..................Third Quarter of 2019, Beats Market Expectations

Source: The U.S. Whitehouse.gov
October 30, 2019
The current economic expansion, which began roughly a decade ago, became the longest in U.S. history on July 1, 2019, beating the previous record that lasted from March 1991 through March 2001. As today’s advance Gross Domestic Product (GDP) release confirms, economic growth continued in the third quarter of 2019, beating market expectations and adding to the expansion’s record length. The release also confirms that the Trump Administration’s policies support sustained economic growth and lead to higher incomes for American families.

In its final projection before the 2016 election, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimated that real GDP would grow at a 2.1 percent annual rate in the first 11 quarters of a new Administration. Instead, under President Trump, real GDP as of the third quarter has grown at a strong 2.6 percent annual rate since the election. As of the third quarter, real GDP is $230 billion—or 1.2 percent—higher than CBO’s projection (Figure 1). Furthermore, under President Obama’s expansion period, real GDP grew at only a 2.2 percent annual rate compared to the Trump Administration’s 2.6 percent rate.

Comparing the United States to other developed nations shows that the U.S. economy remains strong. Among G7 countries from the second quarter of 2018 to the second quarter of 2019 (the latest comparable, available data), the United States is the only country with an annual GDP growth rate above 2 percent............continued

................................................Historic U.S. Job Market Continues as
.............African-American Unemployment Rate Hits New Low

Source: The U.S. Whitehouse.gov

November 1, 2019
Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its monthly Employment Situation Report, which shows continued employment growth and a low unemployment rate in October. Job gains at this point in the business cycle are particularly noteworthy considering that the United States is in the midst of the longest economic expansion in its history.

BLS’s establishment survey shows total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 128,000 jobs last month, far exceeding the median market expectation of 85,000. Including a substantial upward revision of 95,000 total jobs for the months of August and September, and controlling for the estimated 60,000 decrease because of the recently resolved General Motors (GM) strike and the 20,000 decrease from temporary U.S. Census workers finishing their work, this report highlights the creation of over 300,000 new jobs.

Since the President’s 2016 election, the economy has added over 6.7 million jobs—more than the combined populations of Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Montana in 2018. Additionally, this total is 4.8 million more jobs than the Congressional Budget Office projected would have been created in its final forecast before the 2016 election.

BLS’s separate household survey finds that the U.S. unemployment rate increased slightly from its 50-year low of 3.5 percent in September to 3.6 percent in October, marking the 20th consecutive month at or below 4 percent unemployment. Most notably, the unemployment rate for African Americans reached a new series low of 5.4 percent, falling 2.6 percentage points since President Trump’s election...........continued

Since President Trump's sweeping tax cuts were passed, & his economic policies have kicked in after being elected, the American Economic & Employment outcomes have surpassed all expectations.

So, if America's (Trump's) Economic policies are not so good for the rest of the world........I suggest you make yourself comfortable, buckle up, & get used to it......& at the same time kick your government's tail a bit, & tell them to try & catch up because America waits for no one!

..........................................................Image

DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Nov 2019, 16:11

greggerypeccary
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Politics