What makes the best dog?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What makes the best dog?

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Dec 2019, 14:10

Yes, I will. Probably once summer is over unless I get the runt of the litter of staffordshire terriers (considering I collect porcelain staffordshire seems an appropriate breed for me) in January.

While it is a purebred I do like runts as pet—they only survive their first few weeks by using brain not brawn. Will see.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 03 Dec 2019, 23:28

Lols? I know how you feel.

Best to jump right back in.. as Seth says, there are many dogs out there that need you. :thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Lols » 08 Dec 2019, 10:06

pinkeye wrote:Lols? I know how you feel.

Best to jump right back in.. as Seth says, there are many dogs out there that need you. :thumb

That is a lovely idea, and will definitely get involved somehow, I just can't bear to at present, still missing him so much. It comes in waves, and I just start crying.
Now my daughter is sending me all these cute dog photos on Instagram. The photos I love the most are when dogs are running, legs up, ears back up in the air.
Her friend told me, not far up the road from where she lives, there is a dog place that need volunteers to walk the dogs.
I will look into that, as a healing journey. Then from there, who knows where it may lead to.
It's good to talk about it, with people that understand :rose
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Dec 2019, 15:11

Yes, so many reminders of the companion that is not there anymore. While I did not bawl my eyes out outside the surgery unlike with Tiffany there are so many reminders that make you sad “Hmmm, need to go to the shop, where is Demi. . .(who would enjoy the walk”) etc. Still think of her so much.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 10 Dec 2019, 01:10

Lols wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Lols? I know how you feel.

That is a lovely idea, and will definitely get involved somehow, I just can't bear to at present, still missing him so much. It comes in waves, and I just start crying.
Now my daughter is sending me all these cute dog photos on Instagram. The photos I love the most are when dogs are running, legs up, ears back up in the air.
Her friend told me, not far up the road from where she lives, there is a dog place that need volunteers to walk the dogs.
I will look into that, as a healing journey. Then from there, who knows where it may lead to.
It's good to talk about it, with people that understand :rose

I do know Lols.
My darling is getting old.. I have had many dogs over the years.. and each one has been a unique individual.
I love them all, and still find myself reminiscing.

:)
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Dec 2019, 09:54

Yup.

Can’t wait to get back to obedience and tracking training!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Sand Pit