Why bother calling it 'life' when it's not 'life'?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Why bother calling it 'life' when it's not 'life'?

Postby Bongalong » 01 Dec 2019, 16:29

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/trio-jailed-over-christmas-terror-plot-targeting-melbournes-federation-square/news-story/78e45a503a31379846ed5f11b8b5469b

Two men will spend at least the next 28 years in jail, while another will spend at least 16 years behind bars, after conspiring to plot a terror attack in Melbourne’s Federation Square.

Ahmed Mohamed, Abdullah Chaarani and Hamza Abbas are three of four men convicted over the plot to behead people and set off bombs on Christmas Day in 2016. The fourth was Hamza Abbas’ brother Ibrahim Abbas, who is already serving up to 24 years after pleading guilty to the plot last year.

The group had bought machetes, carried out reconnaissance in the Melbourne CBD and built practice bombs while conspiring to develop the potentially deadly plan.
<<

LET'S FACE IT: 16 years is not enough ... :gup
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Why bother calling it 'life' when it's not 'life'?

Postby pinkeye » 01 Dec 2019, 22:05

certainly isn't. Especially if they get let out before they've served even half of their sentence.

Of course, I refer to the latest London bridge attack.. but it applies as well here.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 02 Dec 2019, 03:59

16 years is not enough.

Those guys should grow old and die in prison.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 02 Dec 2019, 09:14

SethBullock wrote:16 years is not enough.

I think there is a viable solution available.......

Why house, feed, & care for them for 8 years...16 years...25 years....life??

Put them under gentle, but complete anesthesia.....then lobotomize them all.......give them perfect care, & when they have totally healed, release them to live out their "new" lives, serving not a single threat or problem to society evermore.....a burden to no one.....in the hands of those who want them. Image

What do ya think??
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Dec 2019, 09:19

We should lobotomise you, just so you are sure it works you understand.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 02 Dec 2019, 10:45

HBS Guy wrote:We should lobotomise you, just so you are sure it works you understand.

Seriously though......I've seen the results on 2 people over 40 years ago.....one before & after......it works. Image
And regarding the subjects in this thread.....the results would 'fit the bill' appropriately. Image
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Dec 2019, 14:29

It doesn’t work hence outlawed.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 03 Dec 2019, 20:11

Exactly! Declaring a reign of terror on the Western World with full intention aint a laughing matter... anarchy is not to be trifled with because when push comes to shove law and order and the boys in blue are your first port of call.

Idiots who don't like cops and the institutions that make everything work are simply idiots. They don't understand enterprise or even the every day grind of the layman that goes into the making of civilisation because they're unbalanced in the head.

I predict worse is yet to come because they feel the need to reclaim this century for prides sake... they certainly laid a huge claim toward total infamy in 2001, and THAT IS THE POINT I'M MAKING!!

But the question is who are they, exactly? Well, in answer to the question(lol), we've had people walking down the streets of Australia telling soldiers that, "....", etc... :gsp
Last edited by Bongalong on 03 Dec 2019, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 03 Dec 2019, 20:13

DreamRyderX wrote:

I think there is a viable solution available.......

Why house, feed, & care for them for 8 years...16 years...25 years....life??

Put them under gentle, but complete anesthesia.....then lobotomize them all.......give them perfect care, & when they have totally healed, release them to live out their "new" lives, serving not a single threat or problem to society evermore.....a burden to no one.....in the hands of those who want them. Image

What do ya think??

I think you defend nothing if you do that. :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 03 Dec 2019, 23:38

Bongalong wrote:

Exactly! Declaring a reign of terror on the Western World with full intention aint a laughing matter... anarchy is not to be trifled with because when push comes to shove law and order and the boys in blue are your first port of call.

Idiots who don't like cops and the institutions that make everything work are simply idiots. They don't understand enterprise or even the every day grind of the layman that goes into the making of civilisation because they're unbalanced in the head.

I predict worse is yet to come because they feel the need to reclaim this century for prides sake... they certainly laid a huge claim toward total infamy in 2001, and THAT IS THE POINT I'M MAKING!!

But the question is who are they, exactly? Well, in answer to the question(lol), we've had people walking down the streets of Australia telling soldiers that, "....", etc... :gsp

Anarchy is a state of mind. Humans are becoming more and more open to Anarchy. I mean, wars are a form of anarchy, whether they be big or small.

The accepted established institutions have lost their credibility.. BANKS .. are proven crooks,, eg.
We have Aged Torture Homes where the inmates are the troughs of gold on which the rich pigs feed.

Slowly we recognise the corruption that lies at the very base of our society. No wonder people are going apeshit in the street.

They have no hope.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 06 Dec 2019, 15:33

"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 06 Dec 2019, 15:35

pinkeye wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Anarchy is a state of mind. Humans are becoming more and more open to Anarchy. I mean, wars are a form of anarchy, whether they be big or small.

The accepted established institutions have lost their credibility.. BANKS .. are proven crooks,, eg.
We have Aged Torture Homes where the inmates are the troughs of gold on which the rich pigs feed.

Slowly we recognise the corruption that lies at the very base of our society. No wonder people are going apeshit in the street.

They have no hope.

Are you saying lies were not always at the base of our society?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 07 Dec 2019, 00:00

No
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Politics