Chinese Companies exploiting us

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
johnsmith
Lion
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:01
johnsmith wrote:
10 May 2020, 13:59
Chuck wrote:
10 May 2020, 11:41
ome of my comments maybe resonating with u, ur starting to sound like a pleasant person!
I'm a very pleasant person, you can ask my wife. :giggle :giggle
She must have u on mental leash when ur at home - a scared pussy!
she has me on a physical leash, not a mental one. One step out of order and she yanks that choker chain. :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:40
Chuck wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:01
johnsmith wrote:
10 May 2020, 13:59
Chuck wrote:
10 May 2020, 11:41
ome of my comments maybe resonating with u, ur starting to sound like a pleasant person!
I'm a very pleasant person, you can ask my wife. :giggle :giggle
She must have u on mental leash when ur at home - a scared pussy!
she has me on a physical leash, not a mental one. One step out of order and she yanks that choker chain. :grn
Do u bark after the tug on the choker chain?

What's ur opinion about the article from SCMP?

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
11 May 2020, 17:00
Do u bark after the tug on the choker chain?
Depends on the reward on offer
Chuck wrote:
11 May 2020, 17:00
What's ur opinion about the article from SCMP?
big on opinion, low on fact.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Chuck wrote:
11 May 2020, 13:36
Chuck wrote:I prepared to make the following prediction that if the USA situation deteriorates even further, China will force Taiwan into their fold.
Especially, if Taiwan wants to avoid bloodshed , as the US will not have available resources to counter China's aggression!
Chuck wrote:The above comments was made by me in an earlier post!

The following article is from the South China Morning Post.
Chuck wrote:
China tries to calm ‘nationalist fever’ as calls for invasion of Taiwan grow

Loud calls on social media urge Beijing to strike while world is busy with coronavirus crisis, but observers say the authorities do not want to be rushed
A recent article in an influential Communist Party journal drew on parallels with the 17th century conquest of the island to highlight need for patience

Beijing is trying to calm rising nationalist sentiment after a growing chorus of voices called for China to take advantage of the Covid-19 pandemic by invading Taiwan.
A number of commentators on social media have called for the island to be reunified by force – something Beijing has never ruled out – but some analysts believe the authorities want to play a longer game and are now trying to cool the “nationalist fever”.
An article published earlier in the month in the magazine of the Central Party School, which trains senior officials, drew historical parallels with the Qing dynasty’s conquest of the island in the 17th century to highlight the importance of patience and careful planning.

‘Too costly’: Chinese military strategist warns now is not the time to take back Taiwan by force
Recently a number of commentators and retired military commanders have called for Beijing to retake control of the island, where the defeated Nationalist forces fled in 1949 following their defeat in the civil war.

Some former military leaders have argued that the United States – which is bound by law to help the Taiwanese government defend itself – is presently unable to do so because all four of its aircraft carriers in the Pacific have been affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.
It came in response to a question about whether the US should refuse Chinese nationals student visas for sensitive science areas.

The Chinese government has hit back at the President through its state-controlled Global Times newspaper, which said cutting off China “may put world peace in a dangerous position”.

The report accused the President of “talking nonsense”, claimed he was “bluffing and acting tough towards China to win more support”, and called him a “giant baby on the brink of a meltdown”.

Beijing also threatened to take Taiwan by force if the US cut China off. “China has nothing to be afraid of as ‘in the past, we didn't solve the Taiwan question because we wanted to maintain the China-US relationship, and if the US unilaterally cuts it off, we can just reunify Taiwan immediately since the Chinese mainland has an overwhelming advantage to solve this longstanding problem’.”

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Senator Fierravanti-Wells is demanding Australia be paid "reparations" from China over coronavirus.

"It is incumbent on the government to investigate all possible ways to recover damages for health costs and damage to our economy," she told parliament.

The former Pacific and international development minister urged Australia to diversify trade relationships and decrease reliance on China.

She wants the lease of Darwin's port to a Beijing-linked company reviewed, while also warning against predatory investment.

"I am concerned that the CCP is taking advantage of the pandemic to further its insidious debt-trap diplomacy by taking advantage of economically stressed nation-states through the Belt and Road Initiative," she said.

Grappler
Kitten

Post by Grappler »

Only those made available for exploitation can be exploited... I blame our political 'leadership' in their entirety for this situation, for firstly pursuing policies that render their own people under despotism via often false legal chicaneries involving theft of rights and by calculatedly splitting this nation into various 'warring' factions and then offering favouritism to some so as to exacerbate this already dire situation** - and then by offering the nation's arse to anyone who comes along with enough dollars to, in turn, buy favouritism in the 'court' of political 'leadership'.

**feminism, Wopism, gayism, Indigenism - every other -ism running wild in the nation at this time. THESE are the instruments of removal of fundamental equal rights and thus of the endless pursuit by small men (aqua's Betas) and women seeking power, who feel the 'need' in their own small minds to suppress any possible opposition and exercise control over every individual by any means including starvation via exclusion from work for not accepting 'City Hall's" line.

When they came for the heteros - I said nothing;
When they came for the men in schools and public services - I said nothing;
When they came for the Union men, I said nothing;
When they came for those of a Western religious bent, I said nothing;
When they came for the established nuclear family, I said nothing;
When they came for the industrial workers, I said nothing;
When they came for those who valued their nation first, I said nothing:
Then - when they came for me:
There was nobody left to say anything.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Grappler wrote:
18 May 2020, 11:46
Only those made available for exploitation can be exploited... I blame our political 'leadership' in their entirety for this situation, for firstly pursuing policies that render their own people under despotism via often false legal chicaneries involving theft of rights and by calculatedly splitting this nation into various 'warring' factions and then offering favouritism to some so as to exacerbate this already dire situation** - and then by offering the nation's arse to anyone who comes along with enough dollars to, in turn, buy favouritism in the 'court' of political 'leadership'.

**feminism, Wopism, gayism, Indigenism - every other -ism running wild in the nation at this time. THESE are the instruments of removal of fundamental equal rights and thus of the endless pursuit by small men (aqua's Betas) and women seeking power, who feel the 'need' in their own small minds to suppress any possible opposition and exercise control over every individual by any means including starvation via exclusion from work for not accepting 'City Hall's" line.

so it's your right to behave as bad as you want towards other people and make their lives miserable through actions and words and if laws are past to stop you then your losing your rights.

Your a complete fucking moron with shit for a brain, your also a complete looser, as a Alpha wouldn't need to put other people down to be a leader.... :grn
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
18 May 2020, 15:16
Grappler wrote:

so it's your right to behave as bad as you want towards other people and make their lives miserable through actions and words and if laws are past to stop you then your losing your rights.

Your a complete fucking moron with shit for a brain, your also a complete looser, as a Alpha wouldn't need to put other people down to be a leader.... :grn

graps alright ... he just feels left out if someone dares ask to be treated equally :grn
FD.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Grappler wrote:

Welcome Grappier!

Don’t let these dribbling clones discourage u from participating on this site. Just be stubborn and keep stirring them up!

It good to see more diversity of opinions to create a bit more excitement on this website.

I think one of the 'ism', has tickled DDH nerves!

It is actually the business/corporate community and the modern day economists that has led us down this path towards China, against the wishes of the working community.

Scomo recently mentioned in a news article, that the average person tried forewarn the corporate world and politician about going down this path!

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Chuck wrote:
18 May 2020, 20:57
Grappler wrote:

Welcome Grappier!

Don’t let these dribbling clones discourage u from participating on this site. Just be stubborn and keep stirring them up!

It good to see more diversity of opinions to create a bit more excitement on this website.

I think one of the 'ism', has tickled DDH nerves!

It is actually the business/corporate community and the modern day economists that has led us down this path towards China, against the wishes of the working community.

Scomo recently mentioned in a news article, that the average person tried forewarn the corporate world and politician about going down this path!
Nope people like you and grapper shit me, to say your loosing your rights, because you want to be allowed to infringe on others rights is just fuckwittery at it's finest...
Both of you bitch and moan, where a true leader never feels the need to put others down to make themselves feel and look better...
I pity people like you guys... what a waste …. :grn
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
19 May 2020, 06:06
Nope people like you and grapper shit me, to say your loosing your rights, because you want to be allowed to infringe on others rights is just fuckwittery at it's finest...
Both of you bitch and moan, where a true leader never feels the need to put others down to make themselves feel and look better...
There is no need to pity me!

It is u that we should have pity on, as u don’t understand the meaning of "gaining rights"!

Any sensible person would kno that it means "to acquire as an addition", not as a modification of existing rights.

In some of the ISM that Grap mentioned, they should have become STAND ALONE rights, instead of being constricting and also adulterating existing rights.

Grappler
Kitten

Post by Grappler »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
18 May 2020, 15:16
Grappler wrote:

Clearly you have zero idea of the vast world of difference between 'rights' and Rights.... and such discussion is beyond you. You are beyond help and may only be useful as a fence post in a gulag ......

"Alpha wouldn't need to put other people down to be a leader.... "
.... you were saying???

Grappler
Kitten

Post by Grappler »

Chuck wrote:
19 May 2020, 09:45
DonDeeHippy wrote:
19 May 2020, 06:06
There is no need to pity me!

It is u that we should have pity on, as u don’t understand the meaning of "gaining rights"!

Any sensible person would kno that it means "to acquire as an addition", not as a modification of existing rights.

In some of the ISM that Grap mentioned, they should have become STAND ALONE rights, instead of being constricting and also adulterating existing rights.
Ah - so in your mind making a legitimate complaint about vanishing Rights in the West is now trying to impose on others? Isn't that like an Antifa saying someone who objected to tearing down a statue of a Civil War hero is a Fascist, while the Antifa faction go around starting fist fights like true Nazis??

" they should have become STAND ALONE rights, instead of being constricting and also adulterating existing rights." WHAT should have become 'stand-alone rights' (not Rights - Rights cannot stand alone but must be universal) - as I said 'rights' is merely another word for special privileges, mostly based on emotion and not reason.

Even poofs and morons have the right to vote etc.... no problem-o - but having a sex change op is not a Right.. it is a privilege handed from the greater component of society... just like women's etc 'rights' are ... without that greater component these 'rights' would not begin to exist, and it is only through the generosity and forbearance of the greater component that any of these even got off the ground. :rofl

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Grappler wrote:
19 May 2020, 13:41

" they should have become STAND ALONE rights, instead of being constricting and also adulterating existing rights." WHAT should have become 'stand-alone rights' (not Rights - Rights cannot stand alone but must be universal) - as I said 'rights' is merely another word for special privileges, mostly based on emotion and not reason.
I was alluding to a particular legislation that a large percentage of the population would have preference for it to be, “STAND ALONE rights, instead of being constricting and also adulterating existing rights."

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Australian beef exporters banned by China are repeat offenders, but New Zealand firms escape sanctions, customs data shows
  • China banned four Australian meat processing plants last week, while also imposing a 80 per cent tariff on imports of Australian barley
  • The move raised suspicions that China was using technical requirements to punish Canberra for its call for an international inquiry over the origins of the coronavirus
Tuesday, 19 May 2020, 9:32:AM

In contrast, two New Zealand meat processors with the highest volumes of beef exports and frequency of transactions to China in 2019 were also hit with the same labelling and certificate breaches for over 37,000kg of beef; however, they were not banned from importing into China.

China customs did not respond when contacted with an inquiry about bans on New Zealand meat processors.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

ABC News Australia

Are China's cheap loans to poor nations a development boost or a debt trap?

China is in the midst of a rapid push to gain economic and political ascendancy across the globe — and it is splashing out billions of dollars in concessional loans to developing countries in the process.

This money is used to construct much-needed major infrastructure projects, but what happens when these poorer countries cannot pay China back?

Experts warn Beijing is using bad loans as a form of entrapment, allowing the nation to gain influence and power across the world.

Poorer nations are lured by China's offers of cheap loans for transformative infrastructure projects.

Protests erupted last year when Sri Lanka was forced to hand control of the port over to China — on a 99-year lease — in order to wipe off about $US1 billion ($1.4 billion) worth of its debt to Beijing.

China now has control of a key port on the doorstep of regional rival India, and a strategic foothold along a key commercial and military waterway.

Then, when these countries are unable to keep up with their repayments, Beijing can demand concessions or other advantages in exchange for debt relief.

This process is known as debt-trap diplomacy.

Sri Lanka's Hambantota Port development project serves as a cautionary tale to anyone who thinks China's loans come without conditions.

Fiji owes China half a billion dollars, and Tonga now owes more than $160 million, or one-third of its GDP.

Tonga has been forced to admit it may fail to repay its debts, stoking fears other small Pacific nations could fall into debt distress and become vulnerable to diplomatic pressure from Beijing.

But in reality, many vulnerable countries are finding themselves overwhelmed by Chinese debt.

In 2011, Tajikistan reportedly handed over land on its disputed border with China to repay some of its debts.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

The Chinese government is sending a medical expert team to the Republic of the Congo to support the country’s coronavirus response, Chinese state media are reporting.

Good to see China stepping up...I'm sure many families in the Congo will be very thankful... :purple

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
24 May 2020, 07:43
The Chinese government is sending a medical expert team to the Republic of the Congo to support the country’s coronavirus response, Chinese state media are reporting.

Good to see China stepping up...I'm sure many families in the Congo will be very thankful... :purple
It is good to see but what is expected in return?

I think from many examples that I have put forward, their seem to be an ulterior motive.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Chuck wrote:
24 May 2020, 12:37
DonDeeHippy wrote:
24 May 2020, 07:43

It is good to see but what is expected in return?

I think from many examples that I have put forward, their seem to be an ulterior motive.
IT’S A DEBT-TRAP’

China has faced accusations that its Belt and Road initiative is a “debt-trap” strategy that leaves poorer countries with loans they can’t pay.

While the agreements have facilitated cheap infrastructure loans from China, when poorer economies default, China has made land grabs in places like Tajikistan and Sri Lanka.

Australia has expressed concerns about the initiative, along with Japan, India, the US and countries in Western Europe.
China expert Tom Miller told the BBC parts of the initiative could be described as a “giant bribe” in which China promises investment in exchange for political concessions.

He also raised the prospect of poor countries like Laos being stripped of their natural resources in exchange for $7 billion in railway investment, for example.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Consolidating Power
“The Chinese have been expanding presence in this region for a long time, yet after all these decades, India hasn’t found a way to deal with China’s gradual expansion, “The issue is why is China doing this and why now?”

China’s actions along the border coincide with its attempts to consolidate political and strategic positions across Asia. Its decision to introduce new laws in Hong Kong is threatening to worsen already strained ties with the U.S., it has raised tensions in the South China Sea China by disrupting the efforts of Vietnam, the Philippines and Malaysia as they seek to exploit oil, gas and fishing resources off their shores, while Beijing also waged a sustained campaign to prevent Taiwan from rejoining the World Health Organization.

The world’s second-largest economy has been facing criticism from the U.S., Europe and Australia for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic that was first reported in China’s Hubei province. China, in turn, has accused the U.S. of pushing the world into a “new Cold War.”

Although Chinese border aggressions rose last year when India changed the status of the Ladakh province in August 2019 to bring it under the control of the federal government, this stand off is more serious than the Doklam conflict in 2017, officials said.